Pre Season Friendlies

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:41 pm

twilight wrote:
Athertonian wrote:Atherton colls tickets on sale.
Just heard SKD will play for them next season.

Decided to go to this match and see for the first time our new manager. Looking forward to it.

Coincidence? I think not. :twisted:

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:00 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
twilight wrote:
Athertonian wrote:Atherton colls tickets on sale.
Just heard SKD will play for them next season.

Decided to go to this match and see for the first time our new manager. Looking forward to it.

Coincidence? I think not. :twisted:
Pure coincidence GTE!! I had decided to go to this match as soon as the pre-season was announced, + it's quite near to where I live :)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:11 am

The first Danish friendly (Jul 6, Herfolge) has been cancelled, according to our opponents.

No indication yet on the second one (Jul 10, Helsingor), but a club announcement is expected this morning, so don't be stunned if that goes too.

More (but not much more) on the BN.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:09 am

Do we need a whip-round for some EasyJet tickets?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:22 am

Worthy4England wrote:Do we need a whip-round for some EasyJet tickets?

Sod that. I hope people haven't booked holidays for this..........

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:28 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:The first Danish friendly (Jul 6, Herfolge) has been cancelled, according to our opponents.

No indication yet on the second one (Jul 10, Helsingor), but a club announcement is expected this morning, so don't be stunned if that goes too.

More (but not much more) on the BN.
BWexit?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:17 pm

thebish wrote:
Crewe Alexandra can announce a further three friendlies added to the 2016/17 pre-season fixture programme.

League One side Bolton Wanderers will travel to Gresty Road on Friday 22 July, 7:30pm to make up a home double, with the already confirmed Wolves clash taking place the previous week.

Read more at http://www.crewealex.net/news/article/b ... zsdYZAJ.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anybody heading to this?
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:26 pm

Andy Waller wrote:
thebish wrote:
Crewe Alexandra can announce a further three friendlies added to the 2016/17 pre-season fixture programme.

League One side Bolton Wanderers will travel to Gresty Road on Friday 22 July, 7:30pm to make up a home double, with the already confirmed Wolves clash taking place the previous week.

Read more at http://www.crewealex.net/news/article/b ... zsdYZAJ.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anybody heading to this?
Yes. Leeds housemate is an Alex fan.

And yes, you feck*, I am.in charge of tickets.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:02 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Andy Waller wrote:
thebish wrote:

Anybody heading to this?
Yes. Leeds housemate is an Alex fan.

And yes, you feck, I am.in charge of tickets.
:laugh:

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:19 pm

I'll be surprised if there's more than a smile and a wave from a few of the more well known names.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:29 pm

We have a Ronaldo...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:13 pm

officer_dibble wrote:We have a Ronaldo...
We have "Liam Trotter".

Though tbf he should only be a couple of divisions out of his depth in the 3rd division.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:19 pm

officer_dibble wrote:We have a Ronaldo...

I'm sold, straight into the starting 11
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:56 am

I thought twatdick was off as well?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:08 am

officer_dibble wrote:I thought twatdick was off as well?
He had a trial at Slavia Prague last month, but obviously the trial verdict was Not Proven. (One for my Caledonian chums there.)

Unless he gets gooey-eyed and excited at the prospect of Parky, he should find *someone* to take him - there's plenty other options in the Czech league. He could play for Dukla Prague, forever associated with Half Man Half Biscuit; or Bohemians, who have a kangaroo on their badge. His hometown club Trinec are bobbins - they finished in the last non-relegation place in the second tier - but Karvina, not far down the road, went up to the top flight as champions. And if it's proximity to his birthplace, it's bang on the border with Poland – there's four teams in next season's Ekstraklasa top flight within 70 miles or so of the ancestral Twardzik Towers – and another half-a-dozen top-flight a similar distance across the nearby border with Slovakia.

Just trying to help.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:36 am

Hibs might be in the market for a jack of all trades?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:25 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
He had a trial at Slavia Prague last month, but obviously the trial verdict was Not Proven. (One for my Caledonian chums there.)

Unless he gets gooey-eyed and excited at the prospect of Parky, he should find *someone* to take him - there's plenty other options in the Czech league. He could play for Dukla Prague, forever associated with Half Man Half Biscuit; or Bohemians, who have a kangaroo on their badge. His hometown club Trinec are bobbins - they finished in the last non-relegation place in the second tier - but Karvina, not far down the road, went up to the top flight as champions. And if it's proximity to his birthplace, it's bang on the border with Poland – there's four teams in next season's Ekstraklasa top flight within 70 miles or so of the ancestral Twardzik Towers – and another half-a-dozen top-flight a similar distance across the nearby border with Slovakia.

Just trying to help.
Quiet morning?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:39 pm

Ronaldo Pearson sounds like a classic re-cycled championship manager name. Anyone who used to play CM in the 90's knows what I mean.

Once you'd played through a season or two the game would generate imaginary young players to come into the game to maintain the cycle of players. To do this it would jumble up names at random. So you'd end up with "Gudni Jones" or something like that....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Ronaldo Pearson sounds like a classic re-cycled championship manager name. Anyone who used to play CM in the 90's knows what I mean.

Once you'd played through a season or two the game would generate imaginary young players to come into the game to maintain the cycle of players. To do this it would jumble up names at random. So you'd end up with "Gudni Jones" or something like that....
Tonci Persson - worldbeater.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:56 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:

Just trying to help.
Quiet morning?
:D Classic job-avoidance.