Pre Season Friendlies

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:37 pm

Back four meeting. That'll be all new then! Like.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:42 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
twilight wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
irie Cee Bee wrote:Only a Pre-season game but an important win to start off the new season. Hope we develop a "hate to lose" mentality this season and strive to win every game. What a change that would be for us long suffering supporters.
This is quite encouraging:
http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1460 ... Wanderers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Twilight likes this...Organisation, set pieces, corners....yes I can see I am respecting this manager already :)
But is his assistant a looker T ??
Nope, but it didn't help us last time did it? :roll: Decided that maybe the experienced, knows what he's doing approach may be better this time around, agreed?? :wink:

Trotski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Trotski » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:47 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Trotski wrote:True that. I knew i forgot something. Max was a bit rusty, but a few quality touches from him too. Same can be said for Clough.

And I don't know where to begin with describing the shiteness of Twardzik. Lost every bout out there and completed approximately zero passes. He'll be murdered in league 1.
Iles said Twardzik started in (central, defensive) midfield, switched to right-back when Derik limped off, and played the second period at left-back. Was he equally awful in all three berths?
I missed the right back part, he was awful at left back and much much worse in midfield.
Oh coitus!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:50 pm

Twatdik should, for shame alone, either pack it all in or go & join Lennon in Edinburgh.

PP should be able to smell a dud.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:55 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:GOAL! Jamie Proctor arrives at the near post to head home! (90) 1-2 #HELvBOL
"Proctor, Proctor............. can't you see I'm burning, burning" :)

I'm on a roll I tellz ya. ;)
I'm guessing you're around 50 years old? :D
17 days away :D
Many happy returns to our former goalkeeper Keith Branagan - he celebrates his 50th birthday today! #BWFC

The class of '66, eh?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:26 pm

Trotski wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Trotski wrote:True that. I knew i forgot something. Max was a bit rusty, but a few quality touches from him too. Same can be said for Clough.

And I don't know where to begin with describing the shiteness of Twardzik. Lost every bout out there and completed approximately zero passes. He'll be murdered in league 1.
Iles said Twardzik started in (central, defensive) midfield, switched to right-back when Derik limped off, and played the second period at left-back. Was he equally awful in all three berths?
I missed the right back part, he was awful at left back and much much worse in midfield.
My bad. When starting RB Derik limped off, they brought on Twardzik in centre-mid and shuffled Vela from there to RB. Our Czech hero only played awfully (or worse) in two positions.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:30 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Twatdik should, for shame alone, either pack it all in or go & join Lennon in Edinburgh.

PP should be able to smell a dud.
Only seen him play a couple of times, but on both occasions he was truly dreadful.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:15 pm

Match report from our friend at the BN.
http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1460 ... r_victory/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trotski - a fair summary?
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:29 pm

Jesus :hang:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Trotski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Trotski » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:29 pm

Opposition was no. 25ish in Denmark, so not particularly impressive. Helsingør had a couple of quality players only. Their big centrehalf looked very decent indeed. Taking the lack of quality into account I'm a little less positive about the Bolton performance. But all in all a pretty fair summary.

The individuals praised in the article were indeed the best on the pitch. Madine m.o.m - believe it or not!
Oh coitus!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:11 pm

We'd be no match for the mighty FCM!
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:03 pm

Anyone going to Mansfield? Out in Beverley Friday night so might come back to bolton via this game.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:43 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Anyone going to Mansfield? Out in Beverley Friday night so might come back to bolton via this game.
You should take her to the game as a thank you. :wink:
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:25 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Anyone going to Mansfield? Out in Beverley Friday night so might come back to bolton via this game.
You should take her to the game as a thank you. :wink:
God no. Might want to be out in her again.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:20 pm

Ah feck. https://twitter.com/amos_40/status/752556356192899072" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:25 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:Ah feck. https://twitter.com/amos_40/status/752556356192899072" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
£5million bid from Blackburn coming up!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:41 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:Ah feck. https://twitter.com/amos_40/status/752556356192899072" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
£5million bid from Blackburn coming up!
:lol:
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

palekm08
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palekm08 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:09 pm

Okay so long story short, im australian and live in australia, and my sister works as a paramedic in London. Im flying up thursday, and want to catch a bolton game for the first time in my life, during one of the days my sister works.

So basically i plan to go watch the Crewe game on the 22nd, and so im asking for your help. In the most simplistic way possible could you supply advice on how i could get to the game from London (Staying in Fulham). How much roughly does transport cost? Duration from Fulham.

Cheers

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:16 pm

There are frequent direct trains from London Euston to Crewe on a daily basis. From Fulham to Euston I would suggest the underground. The train ride from Euston to Crewe could be as much as £100 if you don't book in advance, online. Paying on the Day on our Train system is a mug's game (unless dosh is no object). That train ride I would suggest is around the 2 hour mark - probably slightly less.

Here is some (probably more accurate) info:

https://www.thetrainline.com/train-time ... n-to-crewe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:19 pm

palekm08 wrote:Okay so long story short, im australian and live in australia, and my sister works as a paramedic in London. Im flying up thursday, and want to catch a bolton game for the first time in my life, during one of the days my sister works.

So basically i plan to go watch the Crewe game on the 22nd, and so im asking for your help. In the most simplistic way possible could you supply advice on how i could get to the game from London (Staying in Fulham). How much roughly does transport cost? Duration from Fulham.

Cheers
Just stick Crewe Alexandra into Google and then do Directions, choosing the train icon and it will show you the route and timing. Basically you need to get from Fulham to Euston on the tube then the train from Euston to Crewe. The stadium is near the train station. You can use thetrainline.com to get train times and buy tickets, or pay more on the day. Bear in mind if you book advance tickets there is nowt to stop the game being moved to a different date and scuppering your often non-refundable train tickets!