So, this new manager...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who would you want as next Bolton manager?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:39 pm

Nigel Adkins
67%
Steve Cotterill
14%
Steve Evans
6%
Brian McDermott
6%
AN Other
8%

Total votes: 36

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: So, this new manager...

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:40 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
I understand that and I broadly agree, however, he'll have to work with some very young players and I doubt very much that having some fat bloke loudly questioning your worth as a footballer is the best approach.
Possibly. He's got a good record. I feel he might be one of those Allardyce/Pulis characters that you only appreciate when he's yours...sort of thing.

Doesn't sound like it will be him anyway!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:54 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I understand that and I broadly agree, however, he'll have to work with some very young players and I doubt very much that having some fat bloke loudly questioning your worth as a footballer is the best approach.
Possibly. He's got a good record. I feel he might be one of those Allardyce/Pulis characters that you only appreciate when he's yours...sort of thing.

See, I think that both Allardyce and Pullis know exactly who'll respond best to an arm around the shoulder, and who needs telling. I really don't think Evans can differentiate. I truly hope it isn't him.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:18 pm

Pfffft.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:27 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

See, I think that both Allardyce and Pullis know exactly who'll respond best to an arm around the shoulder, and who needs telling. I really don't think Evans can differentiate. I truly hope it isn't him.
You're as fussy about managers as you are about restaurant bogs!
I like McDermott but he doesn't convince me at all. Adkins irritates me but he's got form. I'll admit to not knowing specifically why Evans is so disliked, but his promotion record is staggering and right now that will do for me.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:30 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I like McDermott but he doesn't convince me at all. Adkins irritates me but he's got form. I'll admit to not knowing specifically why Evans is so disliked, but his promotion record is staggering and right now that will do for me.
I'm as fussy about restaurant bogs with good reason, and well you know it.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:02 pm

Adkins and Evans seems like two diametrically opposed characters..

Adkins sacked by Southampton, finds time to leave this lovely little smiley face

Evans:
total c*nt really
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:26 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I'm as fussy about restaurant bogs with good reason, and well you know it.
I'm immune to all food based germs. And obnoxious c*nt managers!

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:47 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

He was convicted of conspiring to cheat the public revenue when he was the manager of Boston United. He and the former chairman disguised money paid in wages and bonuses as expenses. It was said that the money that they saved by not paying tax allowed them to attract better players, and that they won promotion on the back of it. There were a lot of people who were unhappy about this because they felt that the promotion had been earned by cheating.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:25 pm

Cheers Nicko. A tawdry tale for sure. Our Ken won't want to be getting involved with that type of character I'm sure.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:20 am

We,re only making plans for Nigel!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:38 am

Nicko58 wrote:He and the former chairman disguised money paid in wages and bonuses as expenses.
What bounders!

I wasn't that enraged when I was told my wages would be in my shoe after the game!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:12 am

Bruce Rioja wrote: I doubt very much that having some fat bloke loudly questioning your worth as a footballer is the best approach.
Not to mention there are quite a number of those in the crowd carrying that particular job out for free :D

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:14 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote: I doubt very much that having some fat bloke loudly questioning your worth as a footballer is the best approach.
Not to mention there are quite a number of those in the crowd carrying that particular job out for free :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:14 am

jonnycooper wrote:We,re only making plans for Nigel!
:pray:

His senses are working overtime!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:15 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
To the youths?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:35 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
To the youths?
Just in general, though there will be some idiots that do. Didn't the young winger get some stick the season before last?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:07 am

Today is D-Day says Bolton News, so we should know in the next 48 hours. :|
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:08 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Today is D-Day says Bolton News, so we should know in the next 48 hours. :|

Monday is D-Day. Well, the anniversary anyway.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:14 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Today is D-Day says Bolton News, so we should know in the next 48 hours. :|
Is that the actual paper, TD? Or the website, which sometimes puts things up a day later, so D-Day might have been yesterday and we missed it?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:41 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Is that the actual paper, TD? Or the website, which sometimes puts things up a day later, so D-Day might have been yesterday and we missed it?
It's just this DSB?
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?