Phil Parkinson

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

domino_sm
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Phil Parkinson

Post by domino_sm » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:21 pm

Anyone is better than nobody, give him at least 1 game before the out banner starts. Hope it works.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:30 pm

Hoboh wrote:Welcome to the club mate.

Just beware of a bloke called Bruce on here, seems to dislike the name Parkinson :wink:
Que? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:32 pm

Welcome aboard Phil P. There is renewed hope again for our long suffering supporters. Get rid of who you dont want and bring in who you feel you need. Left to me I would have cleared out all save Clough and Holding who may have to be sold on for funds. Do what you have to do.

Owners DH/KA congratulations. You guys are street smart. All faith restored... well most of it.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:36 pm

Good to finally have a Manager (assuming we've actually got him now)...Up next - shunt the transfer embargo... :-)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:40 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Hoboh wrote:Welcome to the club mate.

Just beware of a bloke called Bruce on here, seems to dislike the name Parkinson :wink:
Que? :conf:
Michael??

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:41 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Good to finally have a Manager (assuming we've actually got him now)...Up next - shunt the transfer embargo... :-)
He must surely be ours as there's been a press conference, however it's a little concerning that there still hasn't been any official confirmation from Bradford that he's left them to join us.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:43 pm

Very good press conference from PP....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:43 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Good to finally have a Manager (assuming we've actually got him now)...Up next - shunt the transfer embargo... :-)
He must surely be ours as there's been a press conference, however it's a little concerning that there still hasn't been any official confirmation from Bradford that he's left them to join us.
they're still blinking back the tears!

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:45 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:Very good press conference from PP....
What did he say?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:03 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:Very good press conference from PP....
What did he say?
" ...... 'ello !!"
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:03 pm

He managed a year on year improvement with Bradford and their support really rallied round too. Hope he can do the same here...
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:07 pm

Well,.IF reports are to be believed, we got down to a decent final 3 names and any of them would be better than we could have expected.

I wish him well. I honestly felt uplifted initially with Coyle, very much so with Lennon so my record isn't great but feel this is a strong candidate and gives us a chance. Good luck to all of us.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:13 pm

Yep pleased with this

I was thinking the other day how after Megson we'd had 3 in-a-row which were sorted quickly and seen as ambitious moves at the time - luring Coyle and Freedman from clubs who never expected to lose them, and Lennon was seen as about the best qualified around too. How it turns out eh.

Now we've pinched another well-rated boss from a club in a better state, even if it took 5 times as long as previously. Good luck to him.

I just hope when we lose him it's not of our choosing for once..
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:13 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Well,.IF reports are to be believed, we got down to a decent final 3 names and any of them would be better than we could have expected.

I wish him well. I honestly felt uplifted initially with Coyle, very much so with Lennon so my record isn't great but feel this is a strong candidate and gives us a chance. Good luck to all of us.

Amen!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:20 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
Ahhh, missed it. I was expecting it to be Monday, since they categorically said it would be today. :-)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:21 pm

Do yiu think he'll be available in Fannys bogs for a er.... chat?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:37 pm

http://mobile.bradfordcityfc.co.uk//new ... 40015.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bradford statement. Lol.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:54 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:http://mobile.bradfordcityfc.co.uk//new ... 40015.aspx
Bradford statement. Lol.
Tears on their keyboard, righteous indignation quavering their hands, Bradford City wrote:Bradford City Football Club can now confirm that manager Phil Parkinson has left the club and that only in the last few minutes have the contracts and paperwork been signed despite earlier communication elsewhere.

We understand the fans' frustrations at the lack of communication and the release of any news in recent days, but as a club we have a proud tradition of only making official comment when it is right and correct to do so. This is when contracts are signed and terms agreed. This is only fair on everyone concerned. Please understand this is the right way to operate and we will continue to do so.

Phil leaves with the best wishes of everyone at Bradford City and we would like to place on record our gratitude for his immense contribution over the past five years.

His departure is on mutually good terms and we wish him all the best as he takes up a new challenge at Bolton Wanderers.

Phil's period in charge at Valley Parade has been one of the most memorable in the club's history, during which time he has taken the club from the lower reaches of League Two to the League One play-offs in the campaign just ended.

And, of course, no-one associated with Bradford City will ever forget how Phil led the team to the Capital One Cup Final at Wembley in 2013 or the journey to the FA Cup quarter finals in 2015, including the historic 4-2 victory at Chelsea.

The attention of the board will now turn to identifying a new manager who can build on the progress that has been made during the last five years.

Joint owner Edin Rahic said:

'Everyone at the club appreciates what Phil has achieved as manager of Bradford City. We wanted him to stay and work with us as new owners but he has decided to leave on his own terms. It was not our decision for him to go and it is only fair after such a long and successful time at the club we did not stand in his way to follow another opportunity. We only waited to communicate this news when it was officially completed.'

During Phil's time at Bradford City the club made tremendous progress, securing a higher league position in each successive season and enjoying some of the most memorable moments in its history.

Phil played a pivotal role in the re-emergence of our club as a symbol of pride for the City of Bradford with our large and growing fan base at the heart of it.

Behind Phil's success has been a tremendous amount of hard work and dedication to the cause and we know that his departure will come as a huge disappointment to our supporters.

He will rightly be remembered as one of the club's most successful managers ever.

Assistant manager Steve Parkin, goalkeeping coach Lee Butler, Head of Sports Performance Nick Allamby and Head Scout Tim Breacker will also leave the club to join Bolton Wanderers.

We now turn our attention to finding a replacement for Phil who can play a leading role in what promises to be an exciting new era for Bradford City Football Club. We ask you all as Bradford City supporters to do what you do best and support the club.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:00 pm

http://www.burndenaces.co.uk/2016/06/10 ... nager.html

Some footage from the press conference. Sounds good but that means feck all really.
Interestingly lots of mentions of Ken but not one of Dean.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:09 pm

LeverEnd wrote:http://www.burndenaces.co.uk/2016/06/10 ... nager.html

Some footage from the press conference. Sounds good but that means feck all really.
Interestingly lots of mentions of Ken but not one of Dean.
Some quotes, sourced from a liveblog carried on BN (but done by a Bradford journalist):
It's all been done very professionally and I'm pleased to be here.

I knew of an interest over the last few weeks through my agent.

Very tough call to leave Bradford. I just felt that I wanted a fresh challenge and this came about and really excited me.

I would like to thank all the supporters and everyone behind the scenes for incredible backing.

New owners been very reasonable and haven't for one minute pushed me out the door.

Success for me is getting pride back in the performances to get supporters right behind us.

Thank everyone of them [Bradford fans], not often as manager stay so long. Had great journey there, some terrific memories, they stayed right with us when times were tough - they deserved good times that followed.

When I met the board yesterday, they've got a clear direction to progress Bolton to back to where it was.

Last few days when I've been away spent a lot of time looking at the (Bolton) players and what would be needed if I got the chance to speak to (chairman) Ken (Anderson).

Want to implement the discipline and standards we created at Bradford City.

The challenge appealed to me. I've sat down with the board, looking at everything and feel it's ready to go back forward again.

Steve Parkin has agreed his deal: Lee Butler and Nick Allamby also coming on board.