Phil Parkinson

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Phil Parkinson

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:13 pm

Understand players found out yesterday and were in for training today! Cut short some holidays! He might look to bring over a couple of players, one if which is centre half/captain?

Anyway rumour aside its great to have a boss who knows what he is doing at this level. He's brought a full team with him as well - great.

Now get that embargo lifted...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:38 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Cut short some holidays! He might look to bring over a couple of players, one if which is centre half/captain?
Captain is 27-year-old Scouse right-back Stephen Darby, who's barely missed a game in the last four seasons; he's got a year left on his contract. LFC academy graduate, he's now played 312 games and scored 1 goal :D

By the way, I hope we have a better start than Bradford did last season: plated 4-1 at Swindon, beaten by York in the cup, drew at home with Shrewsbury, lost at home to Gillingham, drew 0-0 at Barnsley. It did get better... they got 28 points from the last 36 available...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:41 pm

wahayyy!!!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:53 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:Cut short some holidays! He might look to bring over a couple of players, one if which is centre half/captain?
Captain is 27-year-old Scouse right-back Stephen Darby, who's barely missed a game in the last four seasons; he's got a year left on his contract. LFC academy graduate, he's now played 312 games and scored 1 goal :D

By the way, I hope we have a better start than Bradford did last season: plated 4-1 at Swindon, beaten by York in the cup, drew at home with Shrewsbury, lost at home to Gillingham, drew 0-0 at Barnsley. It did get better... they got 28 points from the last 36 available...
We'd hardly notice that as a problem. We drew with Derby, lost to Burton, got plated by Boro, lost to newly promoted MK Dons, drew against Forest and Blackburn....so not dissimilar. :-)

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:00 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnsO9yP ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:03 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Understand players found out yesterday and were in for training today! Cut short some holidays! He might look to bring over a couple of players, one if which is centre half/captain?

Anyway rumour aside its great to have a boss who knows what he is doing at this level. He's brought a full team with him as well - great.

Don't be surprised if we end up signing a guy called Kyel Reid. Parky signed him at both Charlton and Bradford, and he even signed him for a third time when he brought him back on loan from Preston where he's just been released.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:11 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:Understand players found out yesterday and were in for training today! Cut short some holidays! He might look to bring over a couple of players, one if which is centre half/captain?

Don't be surprised if we end up signing a guy called Kyel Reid. Parky signed him at both Charlton and Bradford, and he even signed him for a third time when he brought him back on loan from Preston where he's just been released.
He's a winger as well, and we have none. Can't see him tolerating Passenger Walker for long, if at all.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:28 pm

Got a good dignified way about him. I thought Lennon was a good appointment though....

Agree so far with everything he says but as above it means little until we see it put into action and see how it pans out.

I hope he's right about the embargo because I agree with his assessment that we are a fair few players short as things stand.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:32 pm

Kyel Reid also seems to be out of contract. Boom!

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:41 pm

We appear to have brought the sports science/fitness coach Nick Allenby along too, who seems to be very highly rated in his field.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:00 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Got a good dignified way about him. I thought Lennon was a good appointment though....

Agree so far with everything he says but as above it means little until we see it put into action and see how it pans out.

I hope he's right about the embargo because I agree with his assessment that we are a fair few players short as things stand.
Absolutely, very dignified - but also there's an assured calmness about him that I like, he believes in discipline & hard work on the pitch and giving 100% from start to finish, the running through a brick wall mentality.

I believe that he'll do well here and is well suited, I think the fans will like him - but we need to give him time to implement his management style on a team that's been used to a 'holiday camp' leaderless regime for many years.

Also well done Mr Anderson & Deano....PP spoke well about KA, IMO its refreshing to have owners & a board who at least appear to know a thing or two about football....and who don't give in to the needy, need to know everything, juvenile & pathetic 'LOV / twitter' type BWFC fans

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:29 pm

jmjhb wrote:We appear to have brought the sports science/fitness coach Nick Allenby along too, who seems to be very highly rated in his field.
Good. By the fck we've lacked proper fitness since we gave the reins to that Coyle character. Never been recaptured either.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:51 pm

not going to pretend I know much about the guy - seems well respected from his time as a player and manager- as with every other supporter just hoping that it works out with us

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:58 pm

jmjhb wrote:We appear to have brought the sports science/fitness coach Nick Allenby along too, who seems to be very highly rated in his field.
And their goalkeeping coach.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:59 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Got a good dignified way about him. I thought Lennon was a good appointment though....

Absolutely, very dignified - but also there's an assured calmness about him that I like, he believes in discipline & hard work on the pitch and giving 100% from start to finish, the running through a brick wall mentality.

I believe that he'll do well here and is well suited, I think the fans will like him - but we need to give him time to implement his management style on a team that's been used to a 'holiday camp' leaderless regime for many years.

Also well done Mr Anderson & Deano....PP spoke well about KA, IMO its refreshing to have owners & a board who at least appear to know a thing or two about football....and who don't give in to the needy, need to know everything, juvenile & pathetic 'LOV / twitter' type BWFC fans
The acid test will be them lifitimg the embargo. If they do that then full systems ahead.

Hope they can.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:05 pm

Talking of dignified ... fair play to Bradford City's statements.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:24 pm

A couple of interesting observations from a Bradford journalist in this BN article
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... Parkinson/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We should expect 4-4-2 and clean sheets.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: The acid test will be them lifitimg the embargo. If they do that then full systems ahead.

Hope they can.

ahh - a new test! I thought their last chance passed a couple of weeks ago??

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:40 pm

He made good time on that walk from Bradford to Middlebrook.

Charming man, wish him well.

Local boy comes good?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:24 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:A couple of interesting observations from a Bradford journalist in this BN article
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... Parkinson/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We should expect 4-4-2 and clean sheets.
TBF We rarely need owt else other that goals to turn some of the nil-nils into three points. Every other game should suffice. :-)