Phil Parkinson

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Phil Parkinson

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:53 am

As per GtE's suggestion.

Welcome, Phil & team. Here's to new beginnings.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: Phil Parkinson

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:03 am

As there are now three threads I'll cede mine in favour of the original author:

If he deigns to read social media to gauge the feeling amongst supporters it might be nice to offer some positive reaction rather than trawling through endless (98) pages of dour negative criticism and Marc Iles tweets. :grin:

So welcome Phil and your support team. Here's to a season of success and a climb back up the football leagues.

So what would you like to see? For me a stronger back 5 (including goalkeeper) and an ability to switch from defence to attack without giving the opposition 5 minutes notice of our intent.

Better tactics on set pieces too. Our free kicks and corners were largely ineffective last season.

EI EI EI OH!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:07 am

Aye, good luck Phil. Make us strong physically, get rid of the weak of mind and weak of body *cough* Mark Davies *cough* and make us once again a physically intimidating and fit team able to grind out results against anyone on our day.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:21 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:As there are now three threads I'll cede mine in favour of the original author:

If he deigns to read social media to gauge the feeling amongst supporters it might be nice to offer some positive reaction rather than trawling through endless (98) pages of dour negative criticism and Marc Iles tweets. :grin:

So welcome Phil and your support team. Here's to a season of success and a climb back up the football leagues.

So what would you like to see? For me a stronger back 5 (including goalkeeper) and an ability to switch from defence to attack without giving the opposition 5 minutes notice of our intent.

Better tactics on set pieces too. Our free kicks and corners were largely ineffective last season.

EI EI EI OH!
New goalkeeping coach coming with him. Hope he can teach Amos to spot a football 25 yards away. And the midfield to stop watching the opposition take pot shots.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:08 am

Hopefully Amos has some brand new contact lenses in this season :D

Anyway, welcome Parky, looking forward to this season already!

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:12 am

Deleted mine in all!

Here's to the good times!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:12 am

The very best of luck to our new management. We're behind you. Bolton can be a wonderful club to manage and to work for - many older players of various vintages retain a great attachment to the club. May you create a new set of legends.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:21 pm

From Bolton News website , comments on Parky.
"Trusted me. I'm a Bradford City fan. Parky has worked the impossible, we were on our way to the National League when he took over. He has never had money to spend, he has worked with his hands behind his back and year on year City have massively over achieved. All of this is down to one man and the back room staff he is taking with him. We did things other fans could only dream of, the League Cup final was no accident (and we went up when that looked a lost cause) and he was asked to do another cup run (what chairman asks that?) and that year we beat Chelsea 4-2 and were within touching distance of the semi-final v Arsenal who never seem to beat us. So another miracle final could seriously have happened. We reached the play-offs last season and under Parky we are confident we would have gone up as champions because Parky is THAT good. You should be partying, because regardless of what you think of the board, Parky has worked with nothing at City. Be patient with him too guys. Rome wasn't built in a day. He's going to have to get rid of the players that aren't up for the battle and don't have that never say die attitude (sometimes you might feel underwhelmed by players coming in, but you will soon start to see why he brought them in). Occasionally he will make mistakes, but he quickly learns from them. So don't judge him by early results, he might not need a season to give you some glory, but if it takes a year, you have some great times ahead. We are gutted to lose him, and it is no exaggeration to say he is possibly the best English manager around who has out done Mourinho (and deals with difficult times much better). You will laugh at me now for saying this, but I think he is better than Mourinho. But you will find out why in time to come. Gutted to lose him, NOBODY could replace him. Even if we hired Jurgen Klopp I'd still be gutted.

Report from Bradford fan on the Bolton News website.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:30 pm

Ha, he's 30 minutes late for his press conference. Stuck in traffic they say. Though he did once agree to move to Huddersfield, press conference arranged, then didn't turn up......

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:56 pm

Welcome to the club mate.

Just beware of a bloke called Bruce on here, seems to dislike the name Parkinson :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:20 pm

Getting mildly farcical now...over an hour late for the unveiling press conference. Official reason is he's stuck in traffic, but Bradford local reporters claim deal isn't done yet with nothing actually signed.....

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:26 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Getting mildly farcical now...over an hour late for the unveiling press conference. Official reason is he's stuck in traffic, but Bradford local reporters claim deal isn't done yet with nothing actually signed.....
Do you ever take a day off - there are lanes close Westbound on M62 J25-J24 traffic is at a standstill and has been since about 10.30am

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Getting mildly farcical now...over an hour late for the unveiling press conference. Official reason is he's stuck in traffic, but Bradford local reporters claim deal isn't done yet with nothing actually signed.....
Just like the Bradford fans, clinging onto him and hoping it doesn't officially happen?

Welcome, Parky.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:27 pm

aye well - the last chance for you with this club's owners passed a week or so ago - you'd already given up on them anyway... (or so you said!)

Good Luck Parky - may the road always rise to meet you (etc.)

COYW!!! :oyea:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:23 pm

Reminds me of Alan Partridge waiting for Roger Moore to arrive from Chiswick roundabout.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:34 pm

Ha. Traffic not the issue says Parkinson. Contracts weren't done.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:41 pm

I'm sure the sky will fall in... or summat.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:42 pm

Been given assurances that embargo will be sorted. Major part of his conversations with Ken.

He says squad needs additions as "nowhere near strong enough".

Keeps mentioning character and how he needs to put character back into the team.

Confident he can attract players the squad needs. Sounds like he wants a lot of signings.

Seems to understand what he's got on his plate here.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:52 pm

Anyway, it's official, so onwards and upwards now. Good luck to the manager. COME ON YOU WHITES.. :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:15 pm

PSG??