Blades to boycott over ridiculous ticket prices!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

eighteeneightynine
Hopeful
Hopeful

Blades to boycott over ridiculous ticket prices!

Post by eighteeneightynine » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:08 pm

Just thought I would come over an declare my utter disgust and disappointment at the ticket prices for travelling fans for the opening game of the season.

In a year where premier league football fans finally win a battle and persuade the F.A to cap away ticket ticket prices at £30, Bolton Wanderers Football Club think it is acceptable to charge the same price to watch a League One match? Absolutely disgraceful pricing!

How the hell can the club justify this pricing when you can go down the road to Old trafford and watch Rooney, Martial and Ibrahimovic for the same cost?

Ridiculous pricing like this is ruining football and making it impossible for parents to take children to games on the road any more.

Anyway fellow blades are disgusted at this pricing and discussions are rightly flying around our messageboards urging our fans to boycott the game......Soo far it seems to have gathered momentum and a good few won't be attending! Campaigns are now being set up urging fans to go and watch the u21 game against local rivals Sheffield FC instead in protest!

Of course it's nothing against you guys what so ever, after all you can't help the actions of your board. But fair is fair at the end of the day and it is only right that that we return the favour when you lot come to Bramall Lane later in the season.....You guys are then poised with the same choices as us then, you can either boycott the game like I will be and many other blades with be, or alternatively you can pay way over the odds to watch League One football when you could be watching a top of the league premier league match with world class players for the same price!

It could be a costly season for you lot on the road this year because it is becoming ever more common now. We did it with Leeds not that long ago......If you lot charge extortionate prices for travelling fans at your place, then clubs are just going to return the favour by opting to grade the games in the highest price brackets and executing a right to make the game a special fixture in which the can introduce one off pricing!

Maybe you lot should have a word with your board! Gonna be an empty away stand and an expensive season for you lot on the road at this rate!

http://s24su.com/forum/index.php?thread ... ott.47758/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (main forum)

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38162204" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthr ... ?t=1473830" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2 ... ket-prices" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/2016 ... 79251.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Blades to boycott over ridiculous ticket prices!

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:33 pm

I guess we'll cope
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:35 pm

No argument from me or from any bolton fans I'm aware of. Very much the same on twitter too. I refused to go to Leeds away last season because it was £39, even though I lived there. I'm not sure we will get to have a word with the board though!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:35 pm

We've got to pay for Darren Pratley some how, plus you get to witness Goal Machine for that price ;) but aye, it's a rip off as is football in general. I started my own little boycott of football a few years ago and don't watch any more. I just piss and moan about it on here which is much better.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:38 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:We've got to pay for Darren Pratley some how, plus you get to witness Goal Machine for that price ;) but aye, it's a rip off as is football in general. I started my own little boycott of football a few years ago and don't watch any more. I just piss and moan about it on here which is much better.
:lol:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:49 pm

Is it Bolton Wanderers or Sheffield United who insist on the upper tier (more expensive) tickets being sold first?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:30 pm

This is my bug bear with category matches. Why should Sheffield Utd fans have to fork out extra each away game just because they have a large following? Mind you, it's going to be a novel experience for Bury fans to see themselves classed as category A opposition.

£30 is a feckin outrage though
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

eighteeneightynine
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by eighteeneightynine » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:47 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Is it Bolton Wanderers or Sheffield United who insist on the upper tier (more expensive) tickets being sold first?
The home team don't get a say on allocations and areas, it is always on the say of the home team or on police advice. The fact that we have an optional lower team shows that it isn't on police advice therefore it is nothing other than the board cashing in.

It's a huge shame because i've been a regular up at your place and have enjoyed a few jars with home fans over the years. I have to admit that I preferred Burnden Park because it was a proper old fashioned football ground a bit like Bramall Lane as opposed to these new soulless, modern places on retail parks in the middle of nowhere but that's a different story....Never the less though, Bolton has always been one of those on the fixture list that you don't mind going to.

At the end of the day is it about nothing more than principal and had the shoe been on the other foot I would have equally been as disgusted. We are all northern and the majority of fans from both clubs are proper working class grafters.

How the hell are we meant to promote football to the future generations if clubs are determined to price us out of being able to attend and take the kids?

It needs raising with the Football Supporters Federation away and at the end of the day we are all football fans and we all need to stand together to protect the sport for one and other and for our future generations of fans. The football league need to hurry up and follow sort with ticket price capping. It is the only way going forwards.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:55 pm

eighteeneightynine wrote:But fair is fair at the end of the day and it is only right that that we return the favour when you lot come to Bramall Lane later in the season.....
Ticket prices are too high, but if you're going to adopt that attitude then you lose the right to come on here moralising. Either you're against these extortionate prices being charged or you aren't.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:56 pm

eighteeneightynine wrote:
How the hell can the club justify this pricing when you can go down the road to Old trafford and watch Rooney, Martial and Ibrahimovic for the same cost?
why would anyone want to do that?? :conf:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:35 pm

No argument here. I won't be paying £30 to watch us play anywhere, including Bramhall Lane (plus the last time I went there you dicked us 5-0 ;) )
May the bridges I burn light your way

eighteeneightynine
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by eighteeneightynine » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:23 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
eighteeneightynine wrote:But fair is fair at the end of the day and it is only right that that we return the favour when you lot come to Bramall Lane later in the season.....
Ticket prices are too high, but if you're going to adopt that attitude then you lose the right to come on here moralising. Either you're against these extortionate prices being charged or you aren't.
In an ideal world, you lot would reduce the ticket prices accordingly in line with a League One average and it wouldn't come to the above happening....However if you lot charge us £30 then of course I expect us to do the same out of principal.

Of course I don't want us to go charging you lot £30, it is bang out of order for League One football! But equally you lot shouldn't be doing it to us.

It is about time that football fans throughout the country came together against ticket prices, shirt prices etc. We are being priced out of the game!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:30 pm

When you 'you lot' you're talking about penalising the fans who agree with you. The feck* who set those pricing won't give a shit what you lot charge us fans. I'm planning on going to your place and would be happy to highlight the discrepancy if we are charged a reasonable amount.
What does your club charge away fans?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:34 pm

Just looked it up, £25. Still too steep for lge 1 but better than ours of course.
I've been to 10-12 away games in the past 2 championship seasons and can't remember paying more than £25. Paid £20 at Birmingham and MKD. Can't remember the rest.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:38 pm

I think you should write in. Doubt any bugger will listen though.£5 difference isn't like the end of the world but point well made.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:51 pm

eighteeneightynine wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:
In an ideal world, you lot would reduce the ticket prices accordingly in line with a League One average and it wouldn't come to the above happening....However if you lot charge us £30 then of course I expect us to do the same out of principal.

Of course I don't want us to go charging you lot £30, it is bang out of order for League One football! But equally you lot shouldn't be doing it to us.

It is about time that football fans throughout the country came together against ticket prices, shirt prices etc. We are being priced out of the game!
If it's a matter of principal, surely you would want your club to charge a ticket price that is fair and reasonable? It shouldn't matter to you if others don't.

You can, quite rightly, object to the ticket prices for the game at our place and choose to boycott it. You would certainly have my support if you did that. However, it seems to me to be completely against what you stand for if you then want your club to punish other fans, who have no say in these things, by hiking their prices up out of spite.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

tankcopters n aids
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tankcopters n aids » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:01 pm

I won't be paying over £20 for a ticket in this shite league. I'd rather boo at the radio.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:12 am

tankcopters n aids wrote:I won't be paying over £20 for a ticket in this shite league. I'd rather boo at the radio.
That better not be Radio Tango you're booing at :spank:

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:46 am

I won't be going to any home games in the top category. Ridiculous. Go to more rugby league than football these days. Football died for me when we put staying in premier league above a chance to win uefa cup.

tankcopters n aids
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tankcopters n aids » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:59 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
tankcopters n aids wrote:I won't be paying over £20 for a ticket in this shite league. I'd rather boo at the radio.
That better not be Radio Tango you're booing at :spank:
Oh no, absolutely not. That would be too distasteful as I always read text commentary in a Stephen Hawking voice.