getting all giddy!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2935
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: getting all giddy!

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:29 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:I'm that giddy I'm going to the Charlton game on Saturday. Not giddy enough to start a thread mind.
I'll be darn sarf this weekend. Tempted, but not sure our hosts would be mightily impressed if I pissed off to the match. Hmmm. What to do??

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8574
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: getting all giddy!

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:30 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:I'm that giddy I'm going to the Charlton game on Saturday. Not giddy enough to start a thread mind.
I'll be darn sarf this weekend. Tempted, but not sure our hosts would be mightily impressed if I pissed off to the match. Hmmm. What to do??
Tell 'em you're taking them out for lunch and then buy them a pie at the match :)

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2935
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: getting all giddy!

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:40 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:I'm that giddy I'm going to the Charlton game on Saturday. Not giddy enough to start a thread mind.
I'll be darn sarf this weekend. Tempted, but not sure our hosts would be mightily impressed if I pissed off to the match. Hmmm. What to do??
Tell 'em you're taking them out for lunch and then buy them a pie at the match :)
:lol:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8256
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: getting all giddy!

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:01 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:I'm that giddy I'm going to the Charlton game on Saturday. Not giddy enough to start a thread mind.
I'll be darn sarf this weekend. Tempted, but not sure our hosts would be mightily impressed if I pissed off to the match. Hmmm. What to do??
Tell 'em you're taking them out for lunch and then buy them a pie at the match :)
:lol:

I'm buying tickets today. Let me know and I'll get you one. Are you in Essex?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: getting all giddy!

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:58 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:I'm that giddy I'm going to the Charlton game on Saturday. Not giddy enough to start a thread mind.
hmmm... I was all set for my third away game in 8 days.. and then the missus announces that we are going out for us tea on saturday evening with people I don't even like...

arse... :evil:
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18829
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: getting all giddy!

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:01 am

thebish wrote:I was all set for my third away game in 8 days..
Third in 15 days, shurely?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: getting all giddy!

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:02 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
thebish wrote:I was all set for my third away game in 8 days..
Third in 15 days, shurely?
that too! :D
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8256
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: getting all giddy!

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:13 am

Anyone else?

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18829
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: getting all giddy!

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:26 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:Anyone else?
Not I, bruv. I wasn't too bothered about going - been to the Valley a million times over the decades – then I realised I'm away for the weekend anyway. But have a lovely time... #COYWM

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19597
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:49 am
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England
Contact:

Re: getting all giddy!

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:57 am

thebish wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:I'm that giddy I'm going to the Charlton game on Saturday. Not giddy enough to start a thread mind.
hmmm... I was all set for my third away game in 8 days.. and then the missus announces that we are going out for us tea on saturday evening with people I don't even like...

arse... :evil:
Be objectionable !!

That'll teach her.


(Though sometimes advice isn't necessarily, is it !?)
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2239
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:27 pm
Location: Sarf East London

Re: getting all giddy!

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:06 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:Anyone else?
Not I, bruv. I wasn't too bothered about going - been to the Valley a million times over the decades – then I realised I'm away for the weekend anyway. But have a lovely time... #COYWM
I can't make it either. Not missed a game at Charlton in years, but faaaaaamily business has to take precedence this weekend. :(
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

KeyserSoze
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1778
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:57 pm

Re: getting all giddy!

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:11 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:Anyone else?
Would do usually but have a footy friendly myself at the weekend. Coywm etc
#Jesuispratley

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19597
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:49 am
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England
Contact:

Re: getting all giddy!

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:28 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:I'm sort of in the area but I've got some wedding venue visits this weekend so won't be attending.
I believe there are nice function rooms at The Valley
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8256
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: getting all giddy!

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:46 pm

So just me then? Does that mean I shoulder the blame when it goes tits up?

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18829
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: getting all giddy!

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:53 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:So just me then? Does that mean I shoulder the blame when it goes tits up?
No, that'd be Mark Davies, Gary Madine, Liam Trotter, etc

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8256
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: getting all giddy!

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:03 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:So just me then? Does that mean I shoulder the blame when it goes tits up?
No, that'd be Mark Davies, Gary Madine, Liam Trotter, etc

Ah. Good call.

HMX
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1773
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:29 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: getting all giddy!

Post by HMX » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:12 pm

Do we have a Charlton thread? (I never start them.)

Anyway, me + Devon White are in.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19597
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:49 am
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England
Contact:

Re: getting all giddy!

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:47 pm

HMX wrote:Do we have a Charlton thread? (I never start them.)
I was close to starting one with a really complex title .... but the rule of lucky pants prevented me.

I'm not being blamed for losing the run of good results.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests