Match thread Blackpool (A) LC1R - 9th August 7.45pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Match thread Blackpool (A) LC1R - 9th August 7.45pm

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:45 pm

Sold plenty of tickets for this according to the ticket office yesterday.

An unwelcome distraction or a chance to increase sharpness and tactics? We're long overdue a win there, that's for sure.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Match thread Blackpool (A) LC1R - 9th August 7.45pm

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:31 pm

After his success at Bradford I reckon Parky will be up for it. Hope so anyway, a good cup run can bring so much to a team in our league as we've seen before.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:45 pm

Post match interview from parky suggests its one for squad players. Winning yesterday takes a lot of pressure off...we can use it for the squad and fitness. In a weird way I'd rather we went for the auto windscreen-sherpa van-bacardi breezer cup as its a better chance at wembley.

For me you keep the back 4 and keeper, need to gel. Spearing and pratley almost certainly out, so Trotter with Vela, then Mark Davies behind Proctor. Tom Walker and Taylor wide? Not worh risking Clough. Whats the word on Clayton? Woolery should get some game time as well.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:32 am

Shurely Amos starts.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:48 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Shurely Amos starts.
I expect Dervite will start too, worryingly.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:03 am

Parky said there will be changes. And said likes of Buxton and Wheater need protecting. So presumably those two won't start.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:35 am

2-0. To us, obviously.

Orange wankers.
Businesswoman of the year.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:44 am

Think we could lose this. Not sure that we'll play a strong team and think our kids aren't really up to scratch physically. Frankly happy to lose this if it means three points again Saturday.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:44 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Think we could lose this. Not sure that we'll play a strong team and think our kids aren't really up to scratch physically. Frankly happy to lose this if it means three points again Saturday.
What kids? Without resorting to teenagers we can bring in 11 players who didn't start on Saturday.

There's five experienced players in Amos, Dervite (if fit), Derik, Davies, Trotter and Proctor, plus some who won't see their teens again – Finney (20), Walker (20), Clayton (21), Woolery (21) and Clough (21).

That might seem like splitting hairs – I accept they're not all established professionals – but if these hopefuls can't stake their claims in a League Cup game against a Fourth Division team while trying to impress a new gaffer, perhaps they never will. Again, I dare say some of them won't go on to play at the highest level, but they should be given the chance.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:17 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Think we could lose this. Not sure that we'll play a strong team and think our kids aren't really up to scratch physically. Frankly happy to lose this if it means three points again Saturday.
What kids? Without resorting to teenagers we can bring in 11 players who didn't start on Saturday.

There's five experienced players in Amos, Dervite (if fit), Derik, Davies, Trotter and Proctor, plus some who won't see their teens again – Finney (20), Walker (20), Clayton (21), Woolery (21) and Clough (21).

That might seem like splitting hairs – I accept they're not all established professionals – but if these hopefuls can't stake their claims in a League Cup game against a Fourth Division team while trying to impress a new gaffer, perhaps they never will. Again, I dare say some of them won't go on to play at the highest level, but they should be given the chance.
Depends how many changes I guess. I don't think we can stand too many. IMO likes of Walker, Woolery have a lot to prove. Might seem harsh and tomorrow might be an ideal platform, but to me, they look physically weak (and without the compensatory ability) to be effective in a PP team, given how he set us up on Saturday. Think early days (or doors) Allardyce.

Clough and Clayton are injured so can't see either playing and with Wilson grafting for 90 mins and Buxton already ruled out by Parky will be interesting to see who plays in the back four.

Fact he very quickly said there will be changes hints to me that we may see a few more youngsters involved than the ones who have been around the squad. We'll see tomorrow, I just think his priority is clearly going to be the league.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:44 am

They're not all six foot. *halo*

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:06 am

But what are their kids like?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:13 am

boltonboris wrote:
Do they have any? This is their cup final.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:15 am

Don't mention cup finals and f*cking Blackpool, the spawny popular Bell-crippling fairytale old-man bastards

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Do they have any? This is their cup final.
Inlaws next door neighbours lad broke into their firsts during pre-season. 17 year old called Caleb Richards. Expect him to be involved and probably score so he can take the piss
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:20 pm

I suspect the League Cup won't be a priority for Blackpool, given that another relegation would possibly see the end of the club on perhaps a permanent basis. I foresee a contest between two young and much weakened teams. Could be interesting.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:33 pm

It's not like we've played lots of Pre season games so I'd hope Madine, Taylor, Vela, Moxey & Buxton all feature to help with their sharpness. 4-4-2 with Woolery starting would be good.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

n035209
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by n035209 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:46 pm

Monday afternoon 3pm next two games.. Shambles cup.

Wembley! Wembley!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:47 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:It's not like we've played lots of Pre season games so I'd hope Madine, Taylor, Vela, Moxey & Buxton all feature to help with their sharpness. 4-4-2 with Woolery starting would be good.
PP, who wants players at peak fitness and able to run all day, has said (per BN) he'll rest Buxton and Wheater.
I have to say to the fans there will be changes on Tuesday. We might have to lose Buxton and Wheater, players who I don’t want to put at risk because they are not up to speed yet. Of course, we’ll be doing everything we can to get through and win the game but I have to protect a few of them. It doesn’t make sense to gamble at this stage.
Max Clayton’s knee was just a little swollen. Hopefully he will be alright but Matt Barrass said he’d be better served missing this weekend.
Apparently Buxton hadn't trained for 10 days, which must say something: about how PP trusts Buxton more than the other RB options, unless he really really wanted to play Wilson further forward. Can't be good news for Derik, who will hope to make his case at Blackpool.

I'd also like to see Finney play – partly to assess whether he's worth keeping around or farming out on a 'developing' loan. I guess with the, erm, Checkatrade we've got more options than in recent seasons to "trial" players – BUT the dates (Aug 29, Oct 3, Nov 7) aren't good for shipping out: that first game is against Everton U21s which will be weird anyway, and it's only a couple of days before the window shuts so we'd have to very quickly circulate the availability of any unwanted players.

Tonight seems an ideal game to try out a balance of younger players who want to make a mark and older players who aren't first choice under Phil.

All being well, I'd be intrigued to see summat like this:

....................Amos....................
Derik...Finney...Beevers...Moxey
............Trotter.....Davies...........
Woolery........Clayton........Walker
...................Proctor....................

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:49 pm

All being well, I'd be intrigued to see summat like this:

....................Amos....................
Derik...Finney...Beevers...Moxey
............Trotter.....Davies...........
Woolery........Clayton........Walker
...................Proctor....................
Think that is close if he risks Proctor, Clayton and Beevers. Could see all three left out and some real youngsters in there possibly.