planning ahead...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

planning ahead...

Post by thebish » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:19 pm

CONFIRMED: Bolton Wanderers' trip to Bury will now take place on Monday 24 October, kicking off at 7.45pm, and will be broadcast on Sky Sports.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Re: planning ahead...

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:05 pm

if any ST holders can get me a ticket for this ill be their best friend for evs!

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:14 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:if any ST holders can get me a ticket for this ill be their best friend for evs!
I don't plan on going and neither will my dad, so there's a possible two there?
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:04 pm

Bastard. Not for me now.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:59 am

Andy Waller wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:if any ST holders can get me a ticket for this ill be their best friend for evs!
I don't plan on going and neither will my dad, so there's a possible two there?
if you can get hold of two ill definitely have them mate!!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:39 am

Ridiculous isn't it? Actually works out better for me but a total piss-take. We're only 5 games in, they could have announced this when the fixtures came out. They should have have to make any decisions on moving games for TV before Xmas within two weeks of the fixtures being announced, with a similar deadline for the second half of the season. Or they should be liable to refund tickets and train tickets.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:21 am

I guess no-one had us as table-toppers (not even us). So what was simply a derby of purely local interest now has greater significance. To be honest I've long wondered about some of these 3rd division games shown live and pondered how many people other than the involved fans take any notice at all.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:41 am

Aye but there's as much chance we'll have faded and this will be a mid-table game.

I mean, we won't, because we're pissing this pub league, but you know...
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:13 pm

bobo the clown wrote:I guess no-one had us as table-toppers (not even us). So what was simply a derby of purely local interest now has greater significance. To be honest I've long wondered about some of these 3rd division games shown live and pondered how many people other than the involved fans take any notice at all.
Is there some kind of rota where part of the deal is that every club gets shown once - a kind of "tick box" thing?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:19 pm

Aanvalluh wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:I guess no-one had us as table-toppers (not even us). So what was simply a derby of purely local interest now has greater significance. To be honest I've long wondered about some of these 3rd division games shown live and pondered how many people other than the involved fans take any notice at all.
Is there some kind of rota where part of the deal is that every club gets shown once - a kind of "tick box" thing?
I doubt it, in this division. I don't think they show enough. Might be wrong though.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:30 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Aanvalluh wrote:
I doubt it, in this division. I don't think they show enough. Might be wrong though.
Watching Shrewsbury v Plymouth, or Rochdale v Swindon, or maybe Southend v Chesterfield is the stuff of madness .. or divorce ... if you have no affiliation to them, Shirley ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:55 pm

i have zero interest in any game where ive no affiliation! el classico my arse

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:15 pm

"Shrimp boats is a coming, their sails are in sight" . Anybody willing to start a thread and even more daringly predict a team-sheet for Saturday?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:37 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Aanvalluh wrote:
Watching Shrewsbury v Plymouth, or Rochdale v Swindon, or maybe Southend v Chesterfield is the stuff of madness .. or divorce ... if you have no affiliation to them, Shirley ?
The bit you bolded - I didn't mean "I don't think they show as many as they should", I meant "I don't think they show enough to get around each team at least once."

But as you mention it: personally, I don't often watch any game I don't have a stake in (ie Bolton) or I'm not covering professionally. I'll watch MotD every week but I often pay less attention to the highlights than to the post-match analysis. Maybe that's because it's my job, and a part of me rebels when I do it for pleasure. Maybe it's because I don't have sufficient interest in West Brom vs Boro. Maybe I never did. The amount of football on TV is way past my personal saturation level, but that's OK, nobody's forcing me to watch it, and its existence is a pleasant option. On the rare occasions I find myself listless in front of the TV I'll often flick a live match on for five minutes but get bored or more likely think I can do other things with that precious free time. I purposefully avoided most of the Euro 2016 final and watched a documentary instead.

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:10 pm

I don't watch live TV football (free or paid) unless it's my team or an international game of interest (San Marino away to Moldova tickles me more than Germany v France, but I'm just warped I suppose). Even Match Of The Day rarely gets watched now, only if there's some really big thing happened ( 4 - 5 or game with three sent off, something really controversial etc) or Manure get stuffed.

Mind, you get some belters live on BBC Alba. Turriff United v Hibs later this week...ace! Back to the Warp zone!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:26 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Aanvalluh wrote:
The bit you bolded - I didn't mean "I don't think they show as many as they should", I meant "I don't think they show enough to get around each team at least once."

But as you mention it: personally, I don't often watch any game I don't have a stake in (ie Bolton) or I'm not covering professionally. I'll watch MotD every week but I often pay less attention to the highlights than to the post-match analysis. Maybe that's because it's my job, and a part of me rebels when I do it for pleasure. Maybe it's because I don't have sufficient interest in West Brom vs Boro. Maybe I never did. The amount of football on TV is way past my personal saturation level, but that's OK, nobody's forcing me to watch it, and its existence is a pleasant option. On the rare occasions I find myself listless in front of the TV I'll often flick a live match on for five minutes but get bored or more likely think I can do other things with that precious free time. I purposefully avoided most of the Euro 2016 final and watched a documentary instead.
I went to watch Jools Holland et al. Watching Ruby Turner belt a couple out was far more enjoyable than watching Ronaldo prance about all tearful.

Devon White
Promising
Promising

Post by Devon White » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:25 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Aanvalluh wrote:

I'd like to watch us at Walsall next week but 'sold out'

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:11 pm

Devon White wrote:I'd like to watch us at Walsall next week but 'sold out'
Damn, really? I fancied that - I'd like to see this bag-of-shit side while they're still top of the league. :D

Asked my mate to order two tickets on Friday so hopefully he get in before we sold out.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:22 pm

Damn, really? I fancied that - I'd like to see this bag-of-shit side while they're still top of the league. :D

Asked my mate to order two tickets on Friday so hopefully he get in before we sold out.
Initial allocation gone. More released next week according to the club site. I'm in if there are.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:42 pm

LeverEnd wrote:

Initial allocation gone. More released next week according to the club site. I'm in if there are.
Cool, ta #CommenceCatHerding