planning ahead...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: planning ahead...

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:58 pm

boltonboris wrote:Not sure what we expect from a team just outside Manchester who have been in the bottom couple of divisions for all but about 4 years in the last 50.

The people of Bury, don't support Bury. Not the fault of their actual fans. More likely to see a Barcelona shirt outside Gigg Lane most days than a Bury shirt. Which is sad

They roughly have half the population of Bolton, but with absolutely nowhere near the same catchment area, nor recent success

And long may that last. :lol:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:54 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Not sure what we expect from a team just outside Manchester who have been in the bottom couple of divisions for all but about 4 years in the last 50.

The people of Bury, don't support Bury. Not the fault of their actual fans. More likely to see a Barcelona shirt outside Gigg Lane most days than a Bury shirt. Which is sad

They roughly have half the population of Bolton, but with absolutely nowhere near the same catchment area, nor recent success

They have a ten times better market and shopping centre though...... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:35 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Nailed. Bolton town centre is a total embarrassment and I think the only reason they are building a new interchange is so we can get away easier. Bury centre, last time I went it was booming. Lots of different shops, the market, the indoor mall, and not a boarded-up pub in sight, and the chuff-chuff of steam trains passing. How come??

Meanwhile, despite it being a local derby, I think one of the stands will be shut - am I correct?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:43 pm

Big rush on tickets, think if we score there will be more than one end celebrating :)

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:55 pm

Aanvalluh wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Nailed. Bolton town centre is a total embarrassment and I think the only reason they are building a new interchange is so we can get away easier. Bury centre, last time I went it was booming. Lots of different shops, the market, the indoor mall, and not a boarded-up pub in sight, and the chuff-chuff of steam trains passing. How come??

Meanwhile, despite it being a local derby, I think one of the stands will be shut - am I correct?
Because they have no fans! :lol:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:38 am

officer_dibble wrote:Big rush on tickets, think if we score there will be more than one end celebrating :)
Well yes, as we already have 2 stands I think
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:01 pm

According to "official sources" they've sold around 4300 home tickets and we have 3200 away.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:16 pm

Worthy4England wrote:According to "official sources" they've sold around 4300 home tickets and we have 3200 away.

Aye, but how many to Bury fans?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:36 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:According to "official sources" they've sold around 4300 home tickets and we have 3200 away.

Aye, but how many to Bury fans?

I'm sure both of them must have bought a ticket for this?.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:26 pm

We're at home to Scunny on 31 December. Tasty.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:16 pm

McDons trying to sell out their (30,000-seat) stadium for the game against us by... giving tickets away. "You've only come to see the Wanderers... for freeeeeee..."