MK Dons (H) 10/09/16 3pm - Match Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: MK Dons (H) 10/09/16 3pm - Match Thread

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:53 pm

COME ON YOU WHITES..........five mins added......Ameobi and.....they clear. Really trying that lad. Throw and Buxton wins another And.....and....another throw and.....Buxton and......Ameobi and.....blocked and cleared and...they have a pass or two then.....mic men chat, Ameobi goes, Buxton crosses and....can't keep it in. Now is the time lads, come on and.....Proctor and...another theow and Taylor and.....oooohhh. Taylor's shot blocked for a corner.....and.....Spearing and.....and....Thorpe and....a goal kick them. If this ends a draw I suppose we shouldn't maon (I will) they clear, Buxton and Ameobi sally and......it's 1-1....Adios....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:53 pm

Meh. Still unbeaten.
Businesswoman of the year.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:57 pm

Sounded like a fair result in the end. I'm starting to worry that PP's tactics are too cautious. We create too few chances and his first half ambitions seem to be limited to keeping it tight. Still, we're unbeaten and haven't started to play to our potential yet.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:14 pm

Point gained rather than two lost. Outstanding save from Howard.

Starting to see our deficiencies exposed.
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:23 pm

Optimistic Bob. We are getting worse by the week. Midfield was awful today. Spearing tried to get stuff going, was pushing forward too much at times to make up for the complete ineffectiveness of the other 3 tossers. That's 2 out 2 performances as a passenger by Henry. I can't find much consolation in being top because it's so early for tables and playing like this we've no chance of staying there.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:34 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Point gained rather than two left. Outstanding save from Howard.

I'm not sure about it being a point gained, more two lost even with Howard's penalty save. It was a decent 1st 30 mins and we should have gone on and attacked looking for the 2nd, but they sat back (not sure if under instruction from PP), but after the 1st 30 it was a poor performance, 2nd half was bad, ball was like a hot potato.....we just let them back into the game.

IMO There is still something badly wrong with the mentality or fitness of this side, they just look at times like they are disinterested & lethargic - I thought that our midfield today was pedestrian, Trotter & Vela were both really awful (is that a shock to anyone - both not good enough IMO), I also thought Buxton was shocking & Anderson was frustrating & greedy. Its difficult to be critical being top of the league, but this league is piss poor with little quality & it shows with us being top after drawing the last 3 games - but any confidence we had looks to have gone....something needs to improve if we are going to remain at the top because with the squad we have we should be winning at home to the likes Southend & MK Dons

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:59 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Point gained rather than two left. Outstanding save from Howard.

I'm not sure about it being a point gained, more two lost even with Howard's penalty save. It was a decent 1st 30 mins and we should have gone on and attacked looking for the 2nd, but they sat back (not sure if under instruction from PP), but after the 1st 30 it was a poor performance, 2nd half was bad, ball was like a hot potato.....we just let them back into the game.

IMO There is still something badly wrong with the mentality or fitness of this side, they just look at times like they are disinterested & lethargic - I thought that our midfield today was pedestrian, Trotter & Vela were both really awful (is that a shock to anyone - both not good enough IMO), I also thought Buxton was shocking & Anderson was frustrating & greedy. Its difficult to be critical being top of the league, but this league is piss poor with little quality & it shows with us being top after drawing the last 3 games - but any confidence we had looks to have gone....something needs to improve if we are going to remain at the top because with the squad we have we should be winning at home to the likes Southend & MK Dons
I said at half time a few looked unfit to me. Trotter looked like he could barely move at times and Proctor and Vela for me both struggled after half an hour for energy.

Parky changed the game second half to his credit putting 5 across midfield.

I don't think its doom and gloom or as bad as some are making out but clearly we are missing a few players. Madine was a miss today as much as he is maligned he has done a job this season. We also miss another central midfield player as Vela and Trotter are gash really.

Buxton exposed today I'd agree but he got no protection until Parky changed the system.

Being honest hand on heart, MK Dons look a better team than we do. I'm also not convinced that the signings are being maximised with the roles they are asked to play. None of them really fit in as yet. Might take time.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:01 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:

I said at half time a few looked unfit to me. Trotter looked like he could barely move at times and Proctor and Vela for me both struggled after half an hour for energy.

still, as you said, had he not played we'd have missed that, eh? :wink:

it'll be reet!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:02 pm

Ah well 3 points out of the last 9 and deteriorating performances, not bad for super manager of the month!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:03 pm

Hoboh wrote:Ah well 3 points out of the last 9 and deteriorating performances, not bad for super manager of the month!

you sound so thrilled! I'm happy for you! :D

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:06 pm

thebish wrote:
Hoboh wrote:Ah well 3 points out of the last 9 and deteriorating performances, not bad for super manager of the month!

you sound so thrilled! I'm happy for you! :D
I'm not but Parkinson always struck me as get a few results early on then fade type and we've had too many of them of late.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:10 pm

I'm struggling to remember any of them. "The worst start we've had since the black death" seemed to be a popular quote the last few years.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:23 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:

still, as you said, had he not played we'd have missed that, eh? :wink:

it'll be reet!
Yeah we played Trotter because we've nobody else and he would be a miss because we have a lack of central midfield players.

Definitely not doom and gloom. It is our longest unbeaten start to the season since we last won promotion.

Fact is we have to grind out results we aren't going to be good enough to win any other way. But I think we have a manager who understands that.

Still top, still unbeaten. But today we were lucky with our point in my view.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:33 pm

Fitness & energy levels looked very poor today I thought....not sure what's happened after the 1st few games playing at a higher tempo, but as BWFCI said they all looked totally fcuked after 30 mins.....

I really do dislike Vela & Trotter - both are plodders, both appear to be don't give a shit type players who never break sweat & just go through the motions - Trotter especially is the slowest, shittiest, bone idle player I've seen in a long time, he makes Trevor Morgan look like Usain Bolt....saying that Buxton can't even run, his boots must be made of lead

Something just isn't right for me.....I know it sounds daft being at the top of the league - but we are lucky to still be top after 3 draws, but I can't see it being for much longer if they play like they did today & last week, on paper the team is the best in this league by a distance but today especially 2nd half, they looked & played like they had been on the piss all week.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:37 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:Fitness & energy levels looked very poor today I thought....not sure what's happened after the 1st few games playing at a higher tempo, but as BWFCI said they all looked totally fcuked after 30 mins.....

I really do dislike Vela & Trotter - both are plodders, both appear to be don't give a shit type players who never break sweat & just go through the motions - Trotter especially is the slowest, shittiest, bone idle player I've seen in a long time, he makes Trevor Morgan look like Usain Bolt....saying that Buxton can't even run, his boots must be made of lead

Something just isn't right for me.....I know it sounds daft being at the top of the league - but we are lucky to still be top after 3 draws, but I can't see it being for much longer if they play like they did today & last week, on paper the team is the best in this league by a distance but today especially 2nd half, they looked & played like they had been on the piss all week.
Think injuries are biting and having to play half fit players. No way Proctor was properly fit today.

Agree on Vela and Trotter, they just lack energy and lead to midfield being overrun.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:00 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Think injuries are biting and having to play half fit players. No way Proctor was properly fit today.
I was about to ask, nervously, of course, does having five or six first team players injured count as a difference? If the answer's "no" I'll do fifty lines of "Must not ask silly questions"... :wink:

Oh, by the way: Any comments on the officials? The match reporters seem to have had plenty and not complimentary.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:26 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
I was about to ask, nervously, of course, does having five or six first team players injured count as a difference? If the answer's "no" I'll do fifty lines of "Must not ask silly questions"... :wink:

Oh, by the way: Any comments on the officials? The match reporters seem to have had plenty and not complimentary.
The referee was awful, truly terrible.

Proctor was fouled all game and got nothing yet all he had to do was go near a defender and ref would blow up. Having said that Proctor himself could do with appealing less and concentrating on his game more.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:37 pm

Agree with BWFCi, the referee was the worst I have ever seen, and I thought last week's ref was bad. I would love to know the stats of how many free kicks he gave MK Dons. They were diving most of the match and the ref fell for it...he was shocking

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:38 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:Fitness & energy levels looked very poor today I thought....not sure what's happened after the 1st few games playing at a higher tempo, but as BWFCI said they all looked totally fcuked after 30 mins.....

Agree on Vela and Trotter, they just lack energy and lead to midfield being overrun.
I saw Vela bust a gut to get near his man quite a few times in the first half. That's not to say that he had a good game, but he definitely put the effort in.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:42 pm

I have honestly never seen a team dive as much as MK Dons today. They were at it throughout the game. That said, we were appalling and the ref was worse. He was looking for opportunities to give fouls against us in their half.

None of ours can hold their head up after that. Trotter was bent over with his hands on his knees in the centre circle within the first half hour, blowing out of his arse. I have never seen any player so utterly clueless when he doesn't have the ball. Probably less so when he has it tbh! How the feck is he a professional footballer? The mind really does boggle!
Last edited by Burnden Paddock on Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.