MK Dons (H) 10/09/16 3pm - Match Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: MK Dons (H) 10/09/16 3pm - Match Thread

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:44 pm

twilight wrote:I would love to know the stats of how many free kicks he gave MK Dons
We gave away 17 fouls (MK: 6)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:Fitness & energy levels looked very poor today I thought....not sure what's happened after the 1st few games playing at a higher tempo, but as BWFCI said they all looked totally fcuked after 30 mins.....

I really do dislike Vela & Trotter - both are plodders, both appear to be don't give a shit type players who never break sweat & just go through the motions - Trotter especially is the slowest, shittiest, bone idle player I've seen in a long time, he makes Trevor Morgan look like Usain Bolt....saying that Buxton can't even run, his boots must be made of lead

Something just isn't right for me.....I know it sounds daft being at the top of the league - but we are lucky to still be top after 3 draws, but I can't see it being for much longer if they play like they did today & last week, on paper the team is the best in this league by a distance but today especially 2nd half, they looked & played like they had been on the piss all week.
Think injuries are biting and having to play half fit players. No way Proctor was properly fit today.

Agree on Vela and Trotter, they just lack energy and lead to midfield being overrun.
I saw Vela bust a gut to get near his man quite a few times in the first half. That's not to say that he had a good game, but he definitely put the effort in.
He tried, but he like Trotter chased shadows most of the day. And both were finished physically before half time.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:47 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:I have honestly never seen a team dive as much as MK Dons today. They were at it throughout the game. That said, we were appalling and the ref was worse. He was looking for opportunities to give fouls against us in their half.

None of ours can hold their head up after that. Trotter was bent over with his hands on his knees in the centre circle within the first half hour, blowing out of his arse. I have never seen any player so utterly clueless when he doesn't have the ball. Probably less so when he has it tbh! How the feck is he a professional footballer? The mind really does boggle!
Proctor was the same fitness wise, was bent doubled, after half an hour.

No way in a million years that Trotter or Proctor were really fit today.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:48 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
twilight wrote:I would love to know the stats of how many free kicks he gave MK Dons
We gave away 17 fouls (MK: 6)
Really? I thought he was bad, but didn't realise he was that bad. Wonder what the stats would be if all of the dives were excluded. I hope that the ref has to sit down with an assessor and watch the whole game back. I can't imagine that his marks would be very high!

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:48 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:Fitness & energy levels looked very poor today I thought....not sure what's happened after the 1st few games playing at a higher tempo, but as BWFCI said they all looked totally fcuked after 30 mins.....

I really do dislike Vela & Trotter - both are plodders, both appear to be don't give a shit type players who never break sweat & just go through the motions - Trotter especially is the slowest, shittiest, bone idle player I've seen in a long time, he makes Trevor Morgan look like Usain Bolt....saying that Buxton can't even run, his boots must be made of lead

Something just isn't right for me.....I know it sounds daft being at the top of the league - but we are lucky to still be top after 3 draws, but I can't see it being for much longer if they play like they did today & last week, on paper the team is the best in this league by a distance but today especially 2nd half, they looked & played like they had been on the piss all week.
Think injuries are biting and having to play half fit players. No way Proctor was properly fit today.

Agree on Vela and Trotter, they just lack energy and lead to midfield being overrun.
I saw Vela bust a gut to get near his man quite a few times in the first half. That's not to say that he had a good game, but he definitely put the effort in.
He tried, but he like Trotter chased shadows most of the day. And both were finished physically before half time.
I don't disagree. It was the accusation that he doesn't give a shit or break a sweat that I objected to.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:53 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I don't disagree. It was the accusation that he doesn't give a shit or break a sweat that I objected to.
Oh yeah I disagree with PT there. They just lack the engines and legs to cover the ground necessary. Trotter lacks a fair bit on top of that too.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:06 pm

One of the problems we had today was that other than Ameobi, we had nobody on the bench that was likely to change the game. Taylor is dreadful and Thorpe didn't look up to much, but tbf to him he's probably not match fit. I was also disappointed with Andrew Taylor's contribution going forward. He looked reluctant to cross the ball every time he had it in the last third. Tbf to Moxey he's not shy at getting involved in attacks, it's just defensively he's a bit shit!

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:14 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:One of the problems we had today was that other than Ameobi, we had nobody on the bench that was likely to change the game. Taylor is dreadful and Thorpe didn't look up to much, but tbf to him he's probably not match fit. I was also disappointed with Andrew Taylor's contribution going forward. He looked reluctant to cross the ball every time he had it in the last third. Tbf to Moxey he's not shy at getting involved in attacks, it's just defensively he's a bit shit!
think moxey had his best spell for us when he was paired with ream. feel sorry for him with the majority of playes hes had to pair up with down that side. given how unbalanced we are down that side, particularly with trotter there, I'd be tempted to pair up taylor and moxey

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:21 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:One of the problems we had today was that other than Ameobi, we had nobody on the bench that was likely to change the game. Taylor is dreadful and Thorpe didn't look up to much, but tbf to him he's probably not match fit. I was also disappointed with Andrew Taylor's contribution going forward. He looked reluctant to cross the ball every time he had it in the last third. Tbf to Moxey he's not shy at getting involved in attacks, it's just defensively he's a bit shit!
think moxey had his best spell for us when he was paired with ream. feel sorry for him with the majority of playes hes had to pair up with down that side. given how unbalanced we are down that side, particularly with trotter there, I'd be tempted to pair up taylor and moxey
That's probably not a bad idea. Moxey looked much better when he played in midfield around the time of the Liverpool cup game.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:34 pm

Ah right, I was thinkinh, Staffs, that you meant Chris Taylor being paired with Moxey, but you meant Andrew Taylor with Moxey? Could work I suppose...but first I'd like Buxton having somebody in front of him cos he needs protecting.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:51 pm

Thought Taylor did OK going forwards. But I agree, we are limited for options right now. I suspect in an ideal world we play Madine and Proctor up front together and batter teams for an hour before bringing the pace options on.

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:31 pm

Worst ref I can ever recall. Trotter awful. Ameobi looked good but totally unfit. Proctor looked isolated. Will need to do better

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:44 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:Worst ref I can ever recall. Trotter awful. Ameobi looked good but totally unfit. Proctor looked isolated. Will need to do better
For me Proctor drifts out to the left way too much, particularly after Anderson went off today. We were left with no spearhead to our attack when we should have been looking to play it through the middle.

popeyedoyle
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by popeyedoyle » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:30 am

I'm more worried that we aren't keeping clean sheets because they win you games. We've scored in every game this season and a few more clean sheets would have had the points total looking healthy.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:21 am

I get we drew yesterday and played half fit players (Trotter was struggling before the game with injury) but can I just add a little perspective (which none of may agree with but is the truth):

BWFC have taken 15 points from a possible 21. *It should be more but dealing with facts here
BWFC are current top of the league
BWFC have had the best start to a season that they have had since Big Sam was in charge

So we drew today and have been conceding a few soft goals but at the moment I'd take this than the absolute shower we've had to go through over the last 5-6 seasons.

Onward to Walsall now
Pfffft.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:46 am

Pfffft.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 am

TKIZ! wrote:I get we drew yesterday and played half fit players (Trotter was struggling before the game with injury) but can I just add a little perspective (which none of may agree with but is the truth):

BWFC have taken 15 points from a possible 21. *It should be more but dealing with facts here
BWFC have had the best start to a season that they have had since Big Sam was in charge

So we drew today and have been conceding a few soft goals but at the moment I'd take this than the absolute shower we've had to go through over the last 5-6 seasons.

Onward to Walsall now
Agreed. Everything is about context.

One thing to point out though is that Scunthorpe just beat Southend 4-0 at home. So whilst we've had a good start with the missing players we look currently less effective than some of our rivals.

But we can and I think will improve once the new boys settle in and Parky finds a system that suits them.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:07 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:I get we drew yesterday and played half fit players (Trotter was struggling before the game with injury) but can I just add a little perspective (which none of may agree with but is the truth):

Onward to Walsall now
Agreed. Everything is about context.

One thing to point out though is that Scunthorpe just beat Southend 4-0 at home. So whilst we've had a good start with the missing players we look currently less effective than some of our rivals.

But we can and I think will improve once the new boys settle in and Parky finds a system that suits them.
That's what it's all about, context.

At least we are still gaining points.
Pfffft.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:15 am

popeyedoyle wrote:I'm more worried that we aren't keeping clean sheets because they win you games. We've scored in every game this season and a few more clean sheets would have had the points total looking healthy.
A clean sheet will only prevent a team from losing. You can't win a game 0-0. We need to score more goals.

1 goal from from 4-5 on target average isn't going to help.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:34 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Agreed. Everything is about context. One thing to point out though is that Scunthorpe just beat Southend 4-0 at home. So whilst we've had a good start with the missing players we look currently less effective than some of our rivals.
Less affective but still top of the league. Well, that might be because half a dozen decent players are injured. Worth pointing out though that comparisons can't alway (even rarely) be used as a total yardstick, ie Team A beat Team B but lose to Team C, who then beat Team A, and so it goes on. We got off to a decent start and if it were all clear-cut we wouldn't need to play at all . It's a gamble, a competition beween teams of a certain level. Our level is, like it or not, League One and Sam Allardyce, J.J and Europe are scrapbook memories. Money being football's supreme deity and us having none might mean we'll never get back to past levels, that's Millennium football. How we look on a printed league table right against how we might look in a month is as much about others as about us. Our job is to match and beat the rest of our level. To get up there and talk about promotion is a big work in progress for months away, not a divine right.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?