Bantams @ home. 24/09/16. 15:00

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Bantams @ home. 24/09/16. 15:00

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:38 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:1-2 defeat. Sadly, I'm being dragged to a feckin wedding, which will be far more painful than watching us desperately trying to break down 11 bantams behind the ball, who will break twice and score 2.
still - better than a 0-2 defeat! huzzah!! :-)

I'm going 3-0 to the whites! :oyea:

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:54 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:1-2 defeat. Sadly, I'm being dragged to a feckin wedding, which will be far more painful than watching us desperately trying to break down 11 bantams behind the ball, who will break twice and score 2.
You're not going again??!!...well at least I'll be able to watch the match without you whinging :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:09 pm

twilight wrote:
You're not going again??!!...well at least I'll be able to watch the match without you whinging :wink:
result! :D

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:49 pm

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
twilight wrote:
Top reply !!!

:oyea:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:28 am

Tomorrow's got that big-game feel about it. Certainly plenty of noise coming out; the BN's got loads of stories.

Zach Clough “likely to start on the bench” after reporting stiff muscles after training.
Parky said, Marc Iles wrote:It’s only to be expected because he hasn’t worked with as much intensity as he has in the last four or five weeks. He is looking sharper all the time, though, and it’s a huge boost to have him out on the training ground.
Parky <hearts> Bolton fans
This is a mouth-watering game – and that’s nothing to do with me being a former Bradford manager. It’s purely because last season Bradford were a top-six team, are currently unbeaten, and we have had a good start with a touch of disappointment last week.

This week is a test of how we bounce back but also a test of the fans and whether they can also rise to the challenge. There are so many elements to make this an exciting game and I can’t wait for it. But we need our supporters to be right up for this one. I feel we’ve started to put the pride back into Bolton Wanderers.

We lost our first game last week but I have to thank the people who came down to Walsall because not only did they give us great support, the vast majority stayed behind to clap off the lads.

They’ve been great with us from day one and that’s important. I’m working hard to build my reputation with them but equally I know I have got work to do to really convince them. Football is about the long term as well as the short term. They’ll always get 100 per cent honesty and 100 per cent commitment from me.
Parky reacts to claims he only left Bradford with eight or nine professionals on the books:
There will always be certain elements who try and put their own things out there, which are not necessarily true. Stuart (McCall) has gone on record to say we left a very good group of professionals there and there were quite a few players’ contracts which had options that had not been exercised by the time I left but were ready to do so.

The squad was a good one at Bradford. In any summer it’s an exciting time for fans to see players come and go – there were 20 players who left here and we’ve brought in 12 so far. Oldham had four and brought in 20. That’s what the summer is all about. Sometimes the worst thing for a manager is to get a job and all the places are filled. You need a job where there is an opportunity to put your own mark on it and Stuart has done that very well, so credit to him. But it was a good base to build from.

You never know what kind of reception you’ll get but I have to focus on Bolton Wanderers, tactics and selection.

Basically, my record as a manager at Bradford stands up. Not only that, so does the work that myself, the staff and the players put in to turn that club around still stands up. The effort, the honesty and the commitment that people showed was incredible because it was a really hard job.

I left Bradford City in their strongest financial position since they came out of the Premier League. We built the club up to the point that when two German investors were looking for a club to buy and had many options, some couldn’t be given away, they decided to part with a large chunk of money to a club which didn’t own its own ground or training ground. What they bought was what had been built in the last five years.
McCall says Bantams fans should praise Parky
I can’t influence how supporters are going to behave. But I was up in Scotland watching them beat Leeds as a fan, watching the Arsenal game, Villa, going to Wembley when they played against Swansea, seeing them beat Chelsea.

I would be really surprised and disappointed if he gets anything other than a really good ovation from the City fans. It’s not as if he’s a player coming back and he’s going to be touching the ball all the time against us. For me it’s a no-brainer, he should be getting a respectful reception for what he did for the club. Fans have their own opinions but I totally understand why he wanted to move on.

They were in League Two for a long time, I had a little go, Peter Taylor had a go, Jacko (Peter Jackson) had a go and then Phil came along and found the recipe to get them out. They finished seventh and got a way to win. The cup run set them up for Wembley, been there before and had the momentum.

If you’re a Bradford City supporter over the last 20 years – I never thought Wolves would have been beaten, then you had the day against Liverpool, but if you were at Chelsea that day that will forever live in your memory. A lot of that was down to Phil and his staff.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:33 am

twilight wrote:
The only reason I agreed to go to the wedding was so I'd have a week off listening to the incessant whine of "Mooooooooxxxxeeeeeyyyyyy" from behind me!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:49 am

Bijou Bob wrote:
twilight wrote:
The only reason I agreed to go to the wedding was so I'd have a week off listening to the incessant whine of "Mooooooooxxxxeeeeeyyyyyy" from behind me!
8) You know you will my dulcet tones

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:53 pm

Message from Ken.

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/2016 ... 24418.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mcflykyle182
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mcflykyle182 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:23 am

This is probably the game I've wanted us to win the most all season. Just to shut the Bradford fans up and get us back to winning.

Gonna be tough I reckon. But with Spearing back I can see us dominating midfield. 2-0
''Amazing! Out of nothing Bolton are level. A quick throw, Kevin Nolan keeps play alive in the box and finds Kevin Davies on the left who lashes a shot under Oliver Kahn.''

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:48 am

FAVOUR TIME: Can anyone going to the game this afternoon pick me up a ticket to Rochdale on Tuesday night? Happy to meet at Spotland on Tuesday (if you're going) or collect from you on Monday night (if you're not). (PS: It's my birthday on Tuesday so what better place to spend it than Rochdale eh?)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:51 pm

Apologies to Radio Tango watchers, but our dog has problems right now and we have a vets appointment about 5-0. He's in some sort of pain so he needs to go. I'll throw in a pre-match COME ON YOU WHITES! :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: 2-1 to us....
..and catch what I can of the game. Hope somenbody will do a match report after the game?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:22 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Apologies to Radio Tango watchers, but our dog has problems right now and we have a vets appointment about 5-0. He's in some sort of pain so he needs to go. I'll throw in a pre-match COME ON YOU WHITES! :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: 2-1 to us....
..and catch what I can of the game. Hope somenbody will do a match report after the game?
Aw, hope your dog's ok Tango x

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:39 pm

twilight wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Apologies to Radio Tango watchers, but our dog has problems right now and we have a vets appointment about 5-0. He's in some sort of pain so he needs to go. I'll throw in a pre-match COME ON YOU WHITES! :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: 2-1 to us....
Aw, hope your dog's ok Tango x
Cheers T. Anything further I'll post in the Banter site to avoid interfering with the match.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:27 pm

Taylors cut, Spearing and Moxey in.

2-0 to Bratfud.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:35 pm

Proctor seems to be giving possession away quite a bit.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:42 pm

spearing and vela both booked already...

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:25 pm

"He must be blind" best comment this season.

In response to why the linesman didn't give a throw in.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:25 pm

1 shot on target all game,

I don't think it's working Parky.

Needs a change.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:45 pm

not offering any threat...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:46 pm

their keeper sounds shakey - but we've failed to test him much...