Bantams @ home. 24/09/16. 15:00

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1321
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:54 am

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:41 pm

Last season was a mess and our performances on the pitch were influenced by everything off it, including a very divisive manager. There was enough quality in the squad to stay up.

As for this season, we are missing Mark Davies badly. The team should probably be set up better but we are lacking a skillful, creative player in the middle and it's not like we can easily replace someone of Davies' quality. If we're to go up though, it's probably a necessity because we just lack creativity without him.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1096
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:51 pm

Re: Bantams @ home. 24/09/16. 15:00

Post by twilight » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:27 pm

Thought Beevers & Wheater were very good, solid. Spearing was also his usuall self, we missed him last week. And then there was the rest of them, which to me was like going back to last season, just that we are in a different league. Luckily for us Bradford for a lot of possession weren't that much better... This is my opinion and some on here obviously won't agree, but it was boring, utterly boring and I almost went to sleep watching it!!

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38542
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Bantams @ home. 24/09/16. 15:00

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:36 pm

Interesting comments, but what's thr truth of it all? See, I had to go out just after Clough skimmed the bar in the second half and the comments from micman and Zico were that they were watching a decent game of football in which Bradford were causing us no headaches at all and our own headaches were the ref and our inability to score.

We're currenly lying third just two points from top after nine games and a win at Rochdale on Tuesday could put us back on top (at least temporarily). Okay, it's League One, but that's where we live right now complete with our inured soldiers. Why so much complaint? Hey, I'm asking, not judging?
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: Bantams @ home. 24/09/16. 15:00

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:00 pm

twilight wrote:Thought Beevers & Wheater were very good, solid. Spearing was also his usuall self, we missed him last week. And then there was the rest of them, which to me was like going back to last season, just that we are in a different league. Luckily for us Bradford for a lot of possession weren't that much better... This is my opinion and some on here obviously won't agree, but it was boring, utterly boring and I almost went to sleep watching it!!

see - you need Bijou Bob to keep you awake! :-)
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: Bantams @ home. 24/09/16. 15:00

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:01 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Interesting comments, but what's thr truth of it all? See, I had to go out just after Clough skimmed the bar in the second half and the comments from micman and Zico were that they were watching a decent game of football in which Bradford were causing us no headaches at all and our own headaches were the ref and our inability to score.

We're currenly lying third just two points from top after nine games and a win at Rochdale on Tuesday could put us back on top (at least temporarily). Okay, it's League One, but that's where we live right now complete with our inured soldiers. Why so much complaint? Hey, I'm asking, not judging?

we can't go EVERY week saying it was the ref's fault, though....
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1096
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:51 pm

Re: Bantams @ home. 24/09/16. 15:00

Post by twilight » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:27 pm

Being truthful, I think Parkinson is too negative. After saying that he can only play who he has available, and for creativity he ain't got a lot!!
The ref was pretty fair in the first half, hardly knew he was there which is as it should be. The second half he was awful and fell for all Bradford's play acting, which was frustrating

P.s. Bish, Bijou would have been asleep as well at this match!!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19597
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:49 am
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England
Contact:

Re: Bantams @ home. 24/09/16. 15:00

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:17 pm

It was a turgid match.

Vela tried. Trotter may as well have not been there. Spearing showed bits of quality but did little with it.

I liked Ameobi ... but HOW one footed is he. Reminded me of Paolo Wanchop in that he has skill , desire and sets out with positive intent. He has NO idea what's going to happen ... so the defenders can't either.

Big lift once Clough came on. Greater desire and took the game at them more that we had till then.

The ref was pernickety and at times petty but not the reason for our faults which were primarily that we had no guile in midfield and hence to creativity ... so gave the attack v few options.

For all that Bradford offered v v little (though I liked the left winger, Marshall ....apart from diving in the box).
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8828
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Bantams @ home. 24/09/16. 15:00

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:43 am

I think I'd swap a fit Mark Davies for all 5 of our deadline day signings...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7319
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Bantams @ home. 24/09/16. 15:00

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:29 am

bobo the clown wrote:It was a turgid match.

Vela tried. Trotter may as well have not been there. Spearing showed bits of quality but did little with it.

I liked Ameobi ... but HOW one footed is he. Reminded me of Paolo Wanchop in that he has skill , desire and sets out with positive intent. He has NO idea what's going to happen ... so the defenders can't either.

Big lift once Clough came on. Greater desire and took the game at them more that we had till then.

The ref was pernickety and at times petty but not the reason for our faults which were primarily that we had no guile in midfield and hence to creativity ... so gave the attack v few options.

For all that Bradford offered v v little (though I liked the left winger, Marshall ....apart from diving in the box).
I'll forgive your character assassination of Shami for that! An excellent summary :D
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36050
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Bantams @ home. 24/09/16. 15:00

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:37 am

TANGODANCER wrote: the comments from micman and Zico
Caught about the last 20 minutes on Tower. Has Kelly any idea as to the role of the co-commentator? He just sounded like one of those pissed-up blokes that spend the second half on the concourse shouting at a television set. Fair play to you, Tango, for listening your way through that incoherent shite every week.
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: Bantams @ home. 24/09/16. 15:00

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:51 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote: the comments from micman and Zico
Caught about the last 20 minutes on Tower. Has Kelly any idea as to the role of the co-commentator? He just sounded like one of those pissed-up blokes that spend the second half on the concourse shouting at a television set. Fair play to you, Tango, for listening your way through that incoherent shite every week.
Aye - that's what he does every week - shouts at the radio!
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38542
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Bantams @ home. 24/09/16. 15:00

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:00 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote: the comments from micman and Zico
Caught about the last 20 minutes on Tower. Has Kelly any idea as to the role of the co-commentator? He just sounded like one of those pissed-up blokes that spend the second half on the concourse shouting at a television set. Fair play to you, Tango, for listening your way through that incoherent shite every week.
Tower radio is pretty bad all round. Fair do's they provide a commentary on every live game home and away (the only reason I listen) but Chris Price? is more interested in Gigg Lane than the Macron and Tony Kelly is just the comedy section. They spend half the time interupting each other with incoherant chat about scores from elsewhere, cabbages and kings and completely forgetting they're not on T.V.. Oh for the days of Graham Lovett who. despite his persistent chat about all things Bolton and district, was a Whites fan and actually commentated on the game. And then there was Dave Higson.....
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1011
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Bantams @ home. 24/09/16. 15:00

Post by Nicko58 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:29 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote: the comments from micman and Zico
Caught about the last 20 minutes on Tower. Has Kelly any idea as to the role of the co-commentator? He just sounded like one of those pissed-up blokes that spend the second half on the concourse shouting at a television set. Fair play to you, Tango, for listening your way through that incoherent shite every week.
Tower radio is pretty bad all round. Fair do's they provide a commentary on every live game home and away (the only reason I listen) but Chris Price? is more interested in Gigg Lane than the Macron and Tony Kelly is just the comedy section. They spend half the time interupting each other with incoherant chat about scores from elsewhere, cabbages and kings and completely forgetting they're not on T.V.. Oh for the days of Graham Lovett who. despite his persistent chat about all things Bolton and district, was a Whites fan and actually commentated on the game. And then there was Dave Higson.....
In fairness Tango, Tower FM are the radio station for Bolton and Bury so it's no surprise that they cover them as well as us.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: Bantams @ home. 24/09/16. 15:00

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:36 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote: the comments from micman and Zico
Caught about the last 20 minutes on Tower. Has Kelly any idea as to the role of the co-commentator? He just sounded like one of those pissed-up blokes that spend the second half on the concourse shouting at a television set. Fair play to you, Tango, for listening your way through that incoherent shite every week.
Tower radio is pretty bad all round. Fair do's they provide a commentary on every live game home and away (the only reason I listen) but Chris Price? is more interested in Gigg Lane than the Macron and Tony Kelly is just the comedy section. They spend half the time interupting each other with incoherant chat about scores from elsewhere, cabbages and kings and completely forgetting they're not on T.V.. Oh for the days of Graham Lovett who. despite his persistent chat about all things Bolton and district, was a Whites fan and actually commentated on the game. And then there was Dave Higson.....
In fairness Tango, Tower FM are the radio station for Bolton and Bury so it's no surprise that they cover them as well as us.
I imagine Bury fans say the same about updates from the Macron!
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1011
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Bantams @ home. 24/09/16. 15:00

Post by Nicko58 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:15 pm

thebish wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote: the comments from micman and Zico
Caught about the last 20 minutes on Tower. Has Kelly any idea as to the role of the co-commentator? He just sounded like one of those pissed-up blokes that spend the second half on the concourse shouting at a television set. Fair play to you, Tango, for listening your way through that incoherent shite every week.
Tower radio is pretty bad all round. Fair do's they provide a commentary on every live game home and away (the only reason I listen) but Chris Price? is more interested in Gigg Lane than the Macron and Tony Kelly is just the comedy section. They spend half the time interupting each other with incoherant chat about scores from elsewhere, cabbages and kings and completely forgetting they're not on T.V.. Oh for the days of Graham Lovett who. despite his persistent chat about all things Bolton and district, was a Whites fan and actually commentated on the game. And then there was Dave Higson.....
In fairness Tango, Tower FM are the radio station for Bolton and Bury so it's no surprise that they cover them as well as us.
I imagine Bury fans say the same about updates from the Macron!
They do. Both of them.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: Bantams @ home. 24/09/16. 15:00

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:17 pm

Nicko58 wrote: They do. Both of them.
:oyea:
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38542
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Bantams @ home. 24/09/16. 15:00

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:25 pm

Nicko58 wrote:

In fairness Tango, Tower FM are the radio station for Bolton and Bury so it's no surprise that they cover them as well as us.


They don't actually cover Bury as such, they only broadcast Bolton games with updates from Gigg Lane. Bolton and Bury share the radio station but only Bolton get the match commentaries from the Macron, broadcast from their studio in....................Wigan. (used to be in Gaskell Street Bolton, way back. ) Facts supplied courtesy of Radio Wikipedia.... :wink:
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7319
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Bantams @ home. 24/09/16. 15:00

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:35 pm

Hats off to Bradford for their away following yesterday. In my lifetime they've pretty much always been a division 3 or 4 team save for a handful of seasons in division two and 2 seasons in the prem. To bring over 4000 over and for the home crowds they get, that's damn impressive
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19597
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:49 am
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England
Contact:

Re: Bantams @ home. 24/09/16. 15:00

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:47 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Hats off to Bradford for their away following yesterday. In my lifetime they've pretty much always been a division 3 or 4 team save for a handful of seasons in division two and 2 seasons in the prem. To bring over 4000 over and for the home crowds they get, that's damn impressive
Correct.

Though, tbf, wouldn't YOU take every chance you had to leave Bradford. ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36050
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Bantams @ home. 24/09/16. 15:00

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:34 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Hats off to Bradford for their away following yesterday. In my lifetime they've pretty much always been a division 3 or 4 team save for a handful of seasons in division two and 2 seasons in the prem. To bring over 4000 over and for the home crowds they get, that's damn impressive
Was that not just so that they could give Parkinson some shit though? When we used to go to their place before they used to give us a (otherwise sparsely populated home enclosure) so as to earn some brass.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests