Bantams @ home. 24/09/16. 15:00

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Bantams @ home. 24/09/16. 15:00

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:50 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:

In fairness Tango, Tower FM are the radio station for Bolton and Bury so it's no surprise that they cover them as well as us.

They don't actually cover Bury as such, they only broadcast Bolton games with updates from Gigg Lane. Bolton and Bury share the radio station but only Bolton get the match commentaries from the Macron, broadcast from their studio in....................Wigan. (used to be in Gaskell Street Bolton, way back. ) Facts supplied courtesy of Radio Wikipedia.... :wink:
Judging from the current table, it won't be long before Bury games are broadcast, with occasional updates from the Mac. :|
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:24 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Hats off to Bradford for their away following yesterday. In my lifetime they've pretty much always been a division 3 or 4 team save for a handful of seasons in division two and 2 seasons in the prem. To bring over 4000 over and for the home crowds they get, that's damn impressive
Was that not just so that they could give Parkinson some shit though? When we used to go to their place before they used to give us a (otherwise sparsely populated home enclosure) so as to earn some brass.
Aye possibly but tbh I didn't hear them giving PP any grief. They did sing McCalls name a lot which seemed to be by way of a dig, still 4000 is impressive. Particularly as you say they never used to be that well supported last time we played them at this level
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:09 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Hats off to Bradford for their away following yesterday. In my lifetime they've pretty much always been a division 3 or 4 team save for a handful of seasons in division two and 2 seasons in the prem. To bring over 4000 over and for the home crowds they get, that's damn impressive
Was that not just so that they could give Parkinson some shit though? When we used to go to their place before they used to give us a (otherwise sparsely populated home enclosure) so as to earn some brass.
Aye possibly but tbh I didn't hear them giving PP any grief. They did sing McCalls name a lot which seemed to be by way of a dig, still 4000 is impressive. Particularly as you say they never used to be that well supported last time we played them at this level
They did sing 'you're not special any more' at him!

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:33 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Honestly where did you sit ? - the backward cnuts were giving PP grief all game - on at least 4 or 5 occasions the whole end were singing 'shut up sit down' when PP was moaning at the 4th official about their pathetic rolling around every time a Bolton players went near then, they where constantly having a go at PP.

Bradford players where the softest set of play acting c*nts I've seen at the reebok for many a year, on numerous occasions they where not even touched but rolled around like they'd been shot - probably on the instruction of McCall, who had a go at Procter in the 2nd half when he went for the ball near the technical area and nearly caught him with a high boot, McCall then snarled & went to have a go at Procter - Procter apologised but he should have twatted him - I can't stand McCall how he's even in a managerial job amazes me.

I'm assuming it was due to PP, but the Bradford fans treated the game like it was their cup final....they celebrated a 0-0 at Bolton like they had won the cup

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:08 pm

I was in the north lower. I did hear the "you're not special any more" chant but couldn't tell what they were saying :oops: . Agree with the play acting stuff though. It was almost as if McCall had said to them Parky likes his physical style so let's milk it and give this useless ref a decision to make. After Vela and Spearing getting yellows in the first half I said to BP I could see us getting one sent off
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:24 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
They did sing 'you're not special any more' at him!
They're from Bradford, so were more likely singing "your not special no more" :)

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:28 am

officer_dibble wrote:I think I'd swap a fit Mark Davies for all 5 of our deadline day signings...

Please don't let us start with this sh*te again this season.

Every year it's "Ooo, what this side really lacks is Mark Davies to come in and score four every game and set another twelve up."

He does next to nothing when he plays but because he's always bloody injured, it's all what he has the potential to do when he gets back. Again.

He's not, and never has been the answer to our midfield.

You could've got him for nowt over the summer and there was hardly a queue down the M61 was there?

We just resorted to big hoof on Saturday.

The back four + Spearing looked solid and Proctor ran his socks off, but to no avail.

Shammi and Henry looked in no man's land, like Bobo has mentioned, their number 7 (Marshall) played well, but his main strength was that he hardly went back and moved into space to provide a simple "out-ball".

I agree with most people saying we need to be a bit more forward thinking, at least leave two up or in an advanced position.

Let the opposition worry about us for a change.

the less said about Thorpe, Vela and Trotter, the better.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:24 am

Andy Waller wrote: the less said about Thorpe, Vela and Trotter, the better.
I forgot about Thorpe coming on in the last 5-10 mins - he looked completely lost and probably only touched the ball twice, but it was another defensive minded substitution from PP

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:34 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
I forgot about Thorpe coming on in the last 5-10 mins - he looked completely lost and probably only touched the ball twice, but it was another defensive minded substitution from PP
He took Trotter off because Trotter was knackered. And apparently has some sort of injury that had stopped him training all week. Wasn't a defensive move, he didn't really have options.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:15 am

Has Nolan found a club yet?? Seems to me we need someone to link the front man and midfield. If he's a free agent........
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:31 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
He took Trotter off because Trotter was knackered. And apparently has some sort of injury that had stopped him training all week. Wasn't a defensive move, he didn't really have options.
Apparently both Trotter & Vela had a virus last week & didn't train all week. Can't say I noticed any difference with Trotter how he played :?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:35 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
Apologies its my fault I've got it wrong - I just thought that Thorpe was a centre back or defensive midfielder

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:41 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
Apologies its my fault I've got it wrong - I just thought that Thorpe was a centre back or defensive midfielder
And who else would you have him bring on?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:42 am

By Christ, we're dull to watch. And getting duller by the week, which is concerning

IF we keep playing to draw, we'll soon by bottom half
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:03 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
And who else would you have him bring on?
I was half expecting him to bring on the reserve keeper....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:08 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Good side-step. Who should he have brought on?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:18 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
Alex Samizadeh....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:54 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
Alex Samizadeh....
How predictable. A play straight out of the Coyle/Lennon playbook. Perhaps you prefer losing every week, so long as we throw on an extra "attacker" whomever that should be?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:42 pm

Suppose you prefer drawing to winning, in that case?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:45 pm

boltonboris wrote:Suppose you prefer drawing to winning, in that case?
Aye, cos extra striker, irrespective of whom, always = wins.

We've seen that down the years. Throwing on more and more attacking players has never failed us, ever...oh....