Out, damned Spotland, I say. Rochdale (A) 27/9/16

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Out, damned Spotland, I say. Rochdale (A) 27/9/16

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:The idiocy is unbelievable. Beevers has been outstanding this season. Our best player by a mile so far along with Spearing.

Let's hope our best defender is injured....feck me!
Agreed.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:35 pm

Yes injuries have been a shitter recentley, but i bet rotherham would swap squads right now.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:49 pm

Can't find the bit in the "patched up" Bolton article about Wheezy, Butthead and Drinking water being injured?
Pfffft.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:38 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Yes injuries have been a shitter recentley, but i bet rotherham would swap squads right now.
Assume you mean Rochdale?

Never quite as simple as that though. They have a striker who bags roughly one in three for them. They might like many of our players but equally how much would we like Henderson?

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:01 pm

Beevers and Wheater have been good at defending, but in the modern game you have to have at least one of the back 2 who can pass and set up an attack. Beevers seems to think that passes must either be sideways or hit as hard as possible to nobody (or to touch). We won't start to be a threat with these two. Still, with such a great goal record, I'm sure tha fans will flood back to see the champaigne football

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:15 pm

Development team beat Ipswich 2-1 this evening, but no Billy Big Bollox in the squad. On the bench tomorrow, perhaps?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:35 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:Beevers and Wheater have been good at defending, but in the modern game you have to have at least one of the back 2 who can pass and set up an attack. Beevers seems to think that passes must either be sideways or hit as hard as possible to nobody (or to touch). We won't start to be a threat with these two. Still, with such a great goal record, I'm sure tha fans will flood back to see the champaigne football
This is absolute bollocks. The modern game?

How good at 'playing from the back' are Huth and Morgan? Just as an example. But we are in league one not fecking playing champions league football.

Defenders need to primarily defend and keep goals out. Beevers is our best player. I cannot believe he's playing at this level as I'm sure he could comfortably handle himself in the division above.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:03 pm

I have no issues at all with Beevers & Wheater in defence, the bigger issue is our forward or non forward thought of play. I know we have injuries but Parkinson could try and be a bit more attack minded imo especially at home

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:42 pm

Won't be able to buy on the door then? I'm working in Wakefield. Rochdale is only a 40 min jaunt from where.I'm staying
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:03 am

BWFC_Insane wrote: Our best player by a mile so far...

... along with Spearing!
!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:45 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:Beevers and Wheater have been good at defending, but in the modern game you have to have at least one of the back 2 who can pass and set up an attack. Beevers seems to think that passes must either be sideways or hit as hard as possible to nobody (or to touch). We won't start to be a threat with these two. Still, with such a great goal record, I'm sure tha fans will flood back to see the champaigne football

How good at 'playing from the back' are Huth and Morgan? Just as an example. But we are in league one not fecking playing champions league football.

Defenders need to primarily defend and keep goals out. Beevers is our best player. I cannot believe he's playing at this level as I'm sure he could comfortably handle himself in the division above.
It's quite the uncomfortable feeling when I find myself agreeing (on more than 1 occasion recently) :shock: :D

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:47 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Maybe the reason he isn't is linked to his terrible distribution. Morgan and Huth are solid defenders but they can pass to players less than 80 meters away from them (and actually reach them)

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:55 am

Little Green Man wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Henry is a doubt apparently.
As are Beevers, Buxton and Wheater according to the BN.

:roll:
Beevers, Buxton and Wheater... sounds like a shady legal or accountancy firm to me!

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:00 am

General Mannerheim wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Henry is a doubt apparently.
As are Beevers, Buxton and Wheater according to the BN.

:roll:
Beevers, Buxton and Wheater... sounds like a shady legal or accountancy firm to me!
Just don't google BBW to see if there is a firm out there....
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:02 am

jetsetwilly wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Maybe the reason he isn't is linked to his terrible distribution. Morgan and Huth are solid defenders but they can pass to players less than 80 meters away from them (and actually reach them)
If his distribution is as terrible as you say it is, I suspect it's really because of a lack of movement further forward rather than being anything to do with Beevers' ability to pass the ball. If the our midfielders aren't getting into space, who is he supposed to pass to?
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:11 am

Nicko58 wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

If his distribution is as terrible as you say it is, I suspect it's really because of a lack of movement further forward rather than being anything to do with Beevers' ability to pass the ball. If the our midfielders aren't getting into space, who is he supposed to pass to?
Bad distribution is not finding a man who's 10 yards away, not over-hitting a 60 yard ball because there's nothing else on and you've got a striker closing you down.

Our midfield is absolutely static, but what can you do with Trotter and Vela in there?
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:24 am

Andy Waller wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Bad distribution is not finding a man who's 10 yards away, not over-hitting a 60 yard ball because there's nothing else on and you've got a striker closing you down.

Our midfield is absolutely static, but what can you do with Trotter and Vela in there?
That is the point I'm trying to make. More often than not there isn't a free man ten yards away, which means there are two options - pass it sideways or go long.

There was one instance late on in the game on Saturday when Spearing came for the ball and so one of our defenders passed it to him. Spearing then looked up from the half way line, moved a yard or two forward to try and find a pass, and then turned round and passed it straight back to where it had come from. He got pelters for it from the crowd, however his body language made it clear that he was frustrated at the lack of options available to him. If Spearing is struggling with that then it's no surprise that Beevers is.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:33 am

We've let 7 goals in, in 9 games. Last season we let 81 in, in 46. I know which I'd prefer.

Sure, I'd like a great distributor of the ball in there, but I'll settle for not needing to score 2 a game, just to get 1 point, at the moment.

Some folks spend too long on Championship Manager. We're in League 1 and although the finances seem to be stabilizing, we're not wadded. We have to go with what we can afford, recognizing that we're not fcking Barcelona.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:54 am

Worthy4England wrote:We've let 7 goals in, in 9 games. Last season we let 81 in, in 46. I know which I'd prefer.

Sure, I'd like a great distributor of the ball in there, but I'll settle for not needing to score 2 a game, just to get 1 point, at the moment.

Some folks spend too long on Championship Manager. We're in League 1 and although the finances seem to be stabilizing, we're not wadded. We have to go with what we can afford, recognizing that we're not fcking Barcelona.

Bollocks. I DEMAND the 2nd coming of Bobby Moore :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:56 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:We've let 7 goals in, in 9 games. Last season we let 81 in, in 46. I know which I'd prefer.

Bollocks. I DEMAND the 2nd coming of Bobby Moore :)
Is that bubbles I see emanating from your arse? :D