Oxford (H) 1st Oct 2016 15:00

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Oxford (H) 1st Oct 2016 15:00

Post by malcd1 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:30 am

First game of the season for me and my son. I am hoping for some entertainment and the odd Bolton goal for my sons sake. He is only 8 and started watching properly in the Feedman era. He has had a lot to suffer in such a short time. Although his support has unwavered during this time, I'm not sure how long I can keep him interested (Man City are his second team although I have told him he is only allowed one in English football!).

Michael Appleton is a decent manager and will have his team organised defensively and so difficult to break down. I fear a 0-0 but have got my fingers crossed for 2-0 or even a 2-1.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:55 am

malcd1 wrote:First game of the season for me and my son. I am hoping for some entertainment and the odd Bolton goal for my sons sake. He is only 8 and started watching properly in the Feedman era. He has had a lot to suffer in such a short time. Although his support has unwavered during this time, I'm not sure how long I can keep him interested (Man City are his second team although I have told him he is only allowed one in English football!).

Michael Appleton is a decent manager and will have his team organised defensively and so difficult to break down. I fear a 0-0 but have got my fingers crossed for 2-0 or even a 2-1.
You have your work cut out Malc. My son's first game was around 2005 (aged 3) - he slept through it and now has no interest in football at all.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:19 pm

Whilst scouting our potential FA Cup opponents Chesham Utd and Staines Town

I shall have one ear on Radio Oxford..
I suspect crowd pleasing clean sheets may appear on both sides.. 0-0 at the Macaroon
And Chesham too advance
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:34 pm

I'm going to have to say 2-0 to Bolton.
Businesswoman of the year.

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:21 pm

malcd1 wrote:First game of the season for me and my son. I am hoping for some entertainment and the odd Bolton goal for my sons sake. He is only 8 and started watching properly in the Feedman era. He has had a lot to suffer in such a short time. Although his support has unwavered during this time, I'm not sure how long I can keep him interested (Man City are his second team although I have told him he is only allowed one in English football!).

Told my lad it was character building he left home at 18 and moved to the North East! He still professes to being a Bolton fan so from my point of view job done! Good luck here's hoping for some entertainment even 10 mins would be an improvement

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:23 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:I'm going to have to say 2-0 to Bolton.
I await this post every game, just so I'll know whether it's going to be a good day or not. Could you post the day before a match see we get a full good day?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:25 pm

Norpig wrote:

Told my lad it was character building he left home at 18 and moved to the North East! He still professes to being a Bolton fan so from my point of view job done! Good luck here's hoping for some entertainment even 10 mins would be an improvement
That's what the halftime challenge is there for, silly.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:39 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Norpig wrote:

That's what the halftime challenge is there for, silly.
:lol:

I've watched a lot of very forgettable football but Amir Khan and two people in massive plastic balls is pretty unforgettable in my book.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:07 pm

Howard, Vela, Wheater, Beevers, Moxey, Spearing, Trotter, A Taylor, Henry, Clough, Madine

Subs Alnwick, Wilson, Thorpe, Derik, Ameobi, Keshi, Proctor

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:21 pm

That looks pretty decent on paper ( yeah, I know). Just hope Madine can get himself into the score list. Pretty strong bench if all goes okay injury wise....Okay then, time for COME ON YOU WHITES...., see off these university student heoes. No mercy.... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:45 pm

Might be time to give Derik a show somewhere, (for Trotter, to add a bit of flair?).

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:58 pm

The visitors have removed mortar boards and gowns ( do any of them actually come from Oxford? I ask from ignorance of any of them) and are ready for an assault on the the Macron or should that be an onslaught from the Whites warriors? Anyway, the Wayne Walker warblers and co have all sung their little promotional songs and we're ready for the off and....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:04 pm

Bury play Scunthorpe, (a useful draw for us?) as Zico gets a "happy birthday" greeting in the box and then....we go.

Early sally from the visitors before Trotter steps in. So does Spearing, a bit too hard and gives away a free. And.....McGuire and...Howard does a Tyson Fury wallop but gets fouled in the bargain. Free kick us. Clough just gets beaten to the ball by the keeper but runs into his own players and goes down. Having a minute...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:11 pm

Away we go again and.....we come with Henry who gets a welcome hello and a trip off the green stuff from a defender. Free kick and.....Taylor and....cleared for a throw. A chat between micmen then .....another throw. We shove it forward at Henry and...they clear but we go back and...Moxey gets cleared as mic man says it's all a bit sloppy. Moxey, cleared and they break and.....a decent effort chip lands on top of the string. Careful lads. Vela gets us off again and.....McGuire clears. Throw them and.....now one for us and....back they come and.....a cross and.......Howard has to make a sharp save on the grass.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:20 pm

Ariel launch from them kicks off a chat amongst the micmen as the same from us produces a goal kick them. Some us and them, then Clough and Taylor go and Taylor wins a corner.....and....Henry? and.....cleared and a throw them down the pitch. Bit of possesion us, Moxey tries Madine but it's cleared for a throw. And.....the keeper is quickest to it. Voices in the mic box haven't risen above conversation level yet but we have a corner. Henry and....cleared. Disagreement about was it a throw, then McGuire visits us and ( funny how one man of the opponents gets so much air time?) Big applause round the ground for Iven Klasnic....

Now then....a couple of corners from the Oxfords then.....Howard flaps it for another (says the man) McGuire again and...Clough does well. Long ball stuff as we trot off to Gigg lane to hear about an exciting 0-0 score.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:25 pm

Too much Oxford and not much.....Hello? an hands ball claim goes nowhere before we get an offside free Kick. Ah, Madine is alive and we have a bit of possession involving Moxey and.....Moxey..before Trotter almost gives the a present. Madine is down and..gets word from the ref....and...keeper punches Henry's corner. They sally at us and.....shouldn't we be scoring by now? Howard applies a wallop that ends with the O's clearing and breaking. McGuire balloons one.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:30 pm

All very much more tea biscuits than Jaffa cakes from the sound of it, although micman thinks both sides have had good starts? We have a throw (did somebody get a picture?). Are the Oxford players all called McGuire? Clough dances at em and....micmen have a chat....Trotter goes and.......Clough almost reaches the ball but the keeper clears. Excitement at fever pitch in the box (ell, okay, a decibel more than normal, but normal service quickly resumes as an O leaves the pitch?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:37 pm

Gee, this is a bit....er, calm surely? A goal kick them and....talk of a decent crowd with about 1200 visitors. And now.....Clough and....he comes in, Henry goes, Vela, Henry crosses low and...mic men have a chat so I've no idea what happened. Vela , Taylor......ref and liner both give a goal kick from an "obvious Bolton corner" . No Shxt. COME ON LADS, get a goal at least to go in with....bit of this and that then Vela...feeds Moxey and....we lose a disputed call.....again...and we end up with Beevers get in a yellow. "Embarrasing refereeing" says out chat man as they get a free kick and.....and....it ends up with Trotter who sets us off and.........ohhhhhhhh Taylor misses and Henry goes just wide. Better?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:45 pm

Laughs at the referee in the box and......Moxet gets Henry and Clough away and....they clear to Trotter who......hits it too hard. Clint (Eastwood) takes a goal kick for the O's and Clough getting savaged .....and ignored. We go again and.....Vela, Clough, Henry, Moxey, Trotter, Taylor and......we get a corner. Spearing, no, and.....Taylor and....the cheers ring out as we get a free kick. Henry and......a goal kick. Beevers appeals a sneaky something in the box and.....micmen chat. Goal kick us and.....ariel wallop and....we get a throw and......and.....we don't get a free kick (cos it wasn't a foul). Beever, Taylor wins a free kick and.....a few scores then.....Trotter, Spearing, Wheater back, wallop from Howard and it all ends up with Clint.

Almost half-time and....Scunthorpe go 1-0 up over Bury.....visitors sally, Vela clears, Spearing sets us off and....the keeper catches it.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:50 pm

Sigh......they come and....three minutes added for us to go in one up. Come on lads. Vela goes, Clough can't quite control it and...conversation levels rise as they sally. Woman's Own knitting pattern diacussion levels resume before the O's cause a bit of a burp and Henry sells the ref one. And.... McGuire makes Howard have a double slap at on and.....oranges and lemons time. 0-0....