Oxford (H) 1st Oct 2016 15:00

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Oxford (H) 1st Oct 2016 15:00

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:07 pm

officer_dibble wrote:I didnt you daft get!

It was something I forgot to moan about above. 4 games without scoring and that cnut starts with 3 fullbacks. At home. Against Oxford. I think its worth a moan!
He played two up front. It wasn't a negative team. The tactics aren't the problem.

Players not wanting the ball, not taking responsibility, not moving off the ball is.

You can still say it's Parkinson's responsibility, but I don't care how we setup today, it is irrelevant, if the players in the side offer so little.

When we brought the attacking, pacy lads on, we looked wide open. And lost the game. If anything Parky should have accepted a 0-0 because that was the best we were ever going to get. He gambled and we lost, and deservedly so.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:09 pm

And for anyone on here still thinking Clough is The Messiah, he's not. Drag backs and attempted flicks are fine and good if you're 3 up at half time. Otherwise you just look a bit of a showboating tw4t. Or you would have if a single one had come off.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:14 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:And for anyone on here still thinking Clough is The Messiah, he's not. Drag backs and attempted flicks are fine and good if you're 3 up at half time. Otherwise you just look a bit of a showboating tw4t. Or you would have if a single one had come off.
Yeah. Clough is skilful. But I'm not having it he will score loads in this division. We aren't good enough to give him the supply he needs but also too much messing from him as you say.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:I didnt you daft get!

It was something I forgot to moan about above. 4 games without scoring and that cnut starts with 3 fullbacks. At home. Against Oxford. I think its worth a moan!
He played two up front. It wasn't a negative team. The tactics aren't the problem.

Players not wanting the ball, not taking responsibility, not moving off the ball is.

You can still say it's Parkinson's responsibility, but I don't care how we setup today, it is irrelevant, if the players in the side offer so little.

When we brought the attacking, pacy lads on, we looked wide open. And lost the game. If anything Parky should have accepted a 0-0 because that was the best we were ever going to get. He gambled and we lost, and deservedly so.
It's negative if we create nowt and subsequently don't look like scoring. Not today. Game after game after game. The players may be letting him down but ultimately the buck stops with PP
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:42 pm

Are we stuck with the loanees? I would send the lot packing. Ameobi is comical. The others just hopeless. every team has outplayed us this year we are a few points from bottom 4. Going down

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:00 pm

I've noticed game after game we are getting worse each time. I'm just not getting what PP is trying to achieve with his team. It isn't solid any more and we can't score. We pass side to side then backwards and then hoof it to errr....anybody who hopefully might be there. Madine did his best, he did head it on at times, though mostly to nobody. But I agree he made us look worse, and that was quite an achievement when he subbed the three players! I don't know what the solution is, but I am quickly losing interest with these awful games

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:07 pm

Personally I think it's attitude. Parkinson said in his interview that we started the season knowing we had a small squad and off the back of a disastrous season all grafting and working for each other with intensity.

Then we add in some wide players and attacking players supposedly good for the level, even the level above and we look a shadow.

Is it players going back to thinking we are too good and forgetting the work ethic that got us there?

Has the new arrivals disrupted the spirit in the camp? Or is it just the same pattern as we've seen year after year, a brief revival followed by a return to previous form? If the latter why under new managers, new players etc does it keep happening?

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:10 pm

norm the jedi wrote:Whilst scouting our potential FA Cup opponents Chesham Utd and Staines Town

I shall have one ear on Radio Oxford..
I suspect crowd pleasing clean sheets may appear on both sides.. 0-0 at the Macaroon
And Chesham too advance
Well Chesham Won - I dispensed with Radio Oxford fairly quickly.. writing was on the wall early.
apropo of Nowt Darren Purse and 83 year old Barry Hales are plying their trade at Chesham.. and worth the entrance money on there own..
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:23 pm

I paid a rare visit to the Macron today- just got back home.

Can somebody please explain to me what I saw? Because it looked like utter dogshit.

Thanks.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:08 pm

Really poor defending 1st goal.
2nd wtf was that back pass for?

Seriously in trouble with this squad as it stands.

Mentally weak. Slow turgid football.

Really thought we might have a fighting chance with Madine back up top but obviously not.

What a difference a month makes.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:24 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:I paid a rare visit to the Macron today- just got back home.

Can somebody please explain to me what I saw? Because it looked like utter dogshit.

Thanks.
A good friend of mine - supporter for well over 30 years - sent me this message:

"Went to the game today, went from comical to 'shake your head-I can't believe this lot' to really sad. Worst game I think I've ever seen, absolutely no idea."
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:31 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Zulus Thousand of em wrote:I paid a rare visit to the Macron today- just got back home.

Thanks.
A good friend of mine - supporter for well over 30 years - sent me this message:

"Went to the game today, went from comical to 'shake your head-I can't believe this lot' to really sad. Worst game I think I've ever seen, absolutely no idea."
Your friend called it correctly.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:35 pm

After all these years of supporting them, don't think there are any words to describe the players in that match. I was utterly dismayed and speechless. Think Bijou will vouch today there wasn't even much whinging today from me, just shaking of the head :(

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:52 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Well that was a whole new shade of shite. We were set up so narrow that we could've played on a bowling alley, still, with Henry in behind Madine and Clough at least I could see what we were trying to do which I couldn't on Tuesday. Problem is, with such a lack of service from midfield they were largely isolated. Fair play to Henry for mucking in and trying to make something happen because our only other 'tactic' was to tw*t it up to Madine.
Now then, I want to hear Parkinson's answer to this. If the problem wasn't the front three, but the service to them was, then how in the feck does he think that taking the front three off and replacing them with a poorer version (including the utterly comical Ameobi) is going to improve things? I'm all ears, Parky.
Dean Moxey's back to his shittest, I see. When he isn't throwing our throw-ins straight to their goalie he's getting mugged in possession leading to them a second goal. Questions again though - after Howard's smart save from the initial shot how come two Oxford players were falling over each other to put the rebound away without a white shirt in sight?

Truly awful, awful stuff this afternoon and fully deserving of the stick they got at full time.
The answer to this Bruce is plain and simple hard work.

They just wanted it more than us. In all honesty,Oxford weren't that good but they worked bloody hard and had a game plan.

Christ knows what ours was, I've genuinely seen more attempt to play football in a pub league.

My dad summed it up saying the opposition always seems to pass to a man on the move, whereas we pass to a static man and move steadily backwards...
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:30 am

No midfield. No drive. No ambition. No shape. No tactics. No leader. No guile. No spirit. No clue. No place in that shirt for Liam 'fecking' Trotter. No chance of staying up if we continue to play like that!

Genuinely one of the worst BWFC performances that I have ever seen and i've seen a few! That was utter, utter shite. Parky seemed to feck off pretty sharpish at the final whistle too. I can't figure out if he was embarrassed or just at a loss as to what to do/say in his post match interview. Possibly both.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:19 am

^^ FWIW, here's what PP had to say:

Speaking to bwfc.co.uk after the final whistle, here is what manager Phil Parkinson had to say...

On his side's performance...
We weren’t good enough. We’re very disappointed with the performance today. We lacked quality in terms of our final ball.

I lost track the amount of times set pieces and crosses went into the goalkeeper’s hands. We didn’t produce a final bit of quality and without the ball we were too open.

I feel that we’ve gone a team who, at the start of the season, accepted we had problems and set ourselves up to be strong and hard to beat, to bringing in that extra quality in on deadline day and going away from what we were all about during that period.

We need to get back to that because when you’re not producing in the final third, you’ve got to make sure that there is a discipline and resilience about us without the ball. Both sides of that were lacking today.

On his side's recent loss of form...
We set ourselves up at the start of the season, whatever shape we played, to have a discipline about the way we played.

Discipline can be five yards of hard work to get back into position to make sure the pitch isn’t massive when you lose the ball on the counter-attack or the switch of play.

We want to be tight and compact when we don’t have the ball but we didn’t have that today. There was too much space on the pitch for my liking.

We’ve got to keep going and accept the criticism. It is warranted from the last two games as we have not been good enough.

We need to get back to a resilient, hard-working, and hard to beat performance. When we’re not producing in the final third, we have to make sure that we are strong and not looking vulnerable.

That’s what we were earlier in the season but we’ve recently gone away from that. We need to work towards that and we’ll need to certainly be like that next week against Swindon.

On the treble substitution...
We have to be careful regarding Gary and Zach because of their injuries, but the lads who came on did not have the impact that we needed them to.

We lacked energy. I was looking for an impact and it didn’t come. That can be the difference in which team wins and loses a game.

On Gary Madine and Zach Clough...
It’s good to see Gary and Zach back. I thought they did well to be fair to them and they’ve come through the game unscathed, which is good.

On team selection for Tuesday's clash with Blackpool...
When you lose, it’s always good to have a game. Other players will get opportunities on Tuesday. We’ll be thinking long and hard about our team selection for that game.

And a final word on the defeat to Oxford...
I think there is a lot of soul-searching to be done, certainly from myself. The supporters and the Chairman have been brilliant to me since I came in.

I am in charge of the team and I feel I have let a lot of people down with that performance. I don’t think it was good enough. We need to find a way of playing and get a shape and a discipline about us that is better than it was today.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:51 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Personally I think it's attitude. Parkinson said in his interview that we started the season knowing we had a small squad and off the back of a disastrous season all grafting and working for each other with intensity.

Then we add in some wide players and attacking players supposedly good for the level, even the level above and we look a shadow.

Is it players going back to thinking we are too good and forgetting the work ethic that got us there?

Has the new arrivals disrupted the spirit in the camp? Or is it just the same pattern as we've seen year after year, a brief revival followed by a return to previous form? If the latter why under new managers, new players etc does it keep happening?
I think it's a bit off to be harking back to those first four games as though we were anything special. We won them and well done for that, but the results were papering over some very average performances, which was widely commented on at the time. Playing shit and winning is fine, but you've not got a lot to fall back on if you stop winning.

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:12 am

Despite being a season ticket holder that was my first game this season and probably my last. What I witnessed was nowt short of diabolical. I have listened to reports of how bad they have been so I decided to see for myself.

I know we had a decent start but we did that with Mark Davies in midfield, a bit of quality, he was missed yesterday. The way that team turned out made Spearing look numb, each time he got the ball there were no wide outlets to pass to, just another punt up the field in a hope someone gets on the end.

Poor poor team who didn't look like scoring as the statistics showed. Playing like that this team will not score another ten goals all season, relegation on the cards again.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:57 am

Tombwfc wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Personally I think it's attitude. Parkinson said in his interview that we started the season knowing we had a small squad and off the back of a disastrous season all grafting and working for each other with intensity.

I think it's a bit off to be harking back to those first four games as though we were anything special. We won them and well done for that, but the results were papering over some very average performances, which was widely commented on at the time. Playing shit and winning is fine, but you've not got a lot to fall back on if you stop winning.
We weren't amazing but we played with intensity and energy that is definitely missing now.

And we looked like we had found a way to compete at the very least.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:08 pm

It's very confusing were the lack of focus, energy and direction has materialised from? I know some of it can be attributed to the loss against Everton yoof. However, you would have thought that they would be over that by now and it would only be a convenient excuse on the players part?

Would a change of formation work for us? 451? Two defensive mids and three 'rotating' attacking players with Madine/Proctor as a focus work?
Would a change for Derik/Spearing in midfield work better? Having missed my first home game yesterday my feeling has been so far that Trotter has very little to offer.

Apologies but just trying to get all my thoughts out to the forum
Pfffft.