I should have told em, Oldham. Home, 15th Oct.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Re: I should have told em, Oldham. Home, 15th Oct.

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:09 pm

Wanderers: Howard; Wilson, Wheater, Beevers, A Taylor; Spearing, Thorpe, Vela; Clough, Madine, Ameobi.
Subs: Alnwick, Dervite, Proctor, Anderson, Derik, Trotter, Henry.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:55 pm

Truthfully, I wouldn't care if we were playing Mount St Joseph's Girls School on Minerva Road pitch as long as we win. 1-0 or 10-0 has ceased to matter. Oldham, ?, bring em on. Nick Smith philosophy applies the same now as it did in 1950, "It's Goals that Count", so......COME ON YOU WHITES...... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:01 pm

All Tower Radio advert section out of the way now and all the cheerful stuff like coughs colds, typhoid and malaria safely boxed off. Time for action, quick mumble about Bury and....talk of a cracker from Zico and away we go....Plenty support for the Oldham lot...apparently and....we're away.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:12 pm

Chris Taylor said to have a virus, ref is Mr Boyce? and the vistors win a corner in the first minute. Goes nowhere and battle commences. Ameaobi in from the off and....we go forth and said Ameobi curls one into the stand. The Machine tries a handball and gives a free away. Latics out to prove unafraid of the mighty Whites as we have a to and fro session before Madine wins a free near halfway. Parity resumes and then Clough goes and....Madine gets a free kick almost on the area line (well, 20 out...no, 18.5 ). And......Clough scores... :oyea:

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:13 pm

Superb.
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:13 pm

Clough curled one into the top corner and it's 1-0 the Whites..... :oyea: :oyea:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:19 pm

Ameaobi wins us a corner and we're sniffing glory.....well, something like that and.....and....Latics whack it away. Madine feeds the pack and....and...some scores and stuff then........micman lauds Clough's goal as we go forth again...Spearing, Ameobi, Wilson and.... cleared. Free kick us now and....a visit to Rochdale to hear about nothing except a few boos and....

Vela sets Taylor off and he wins a corner. Spearing and.....and......ohhhhhh keeper makes a "great" save from Wheater's header.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:20 pm

Shit, that lad. No end product.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:26 pm

Vela robs a Latic and.....and...Spearing and Taylor, Ameobi and....Vela is geting the praises and Bolton are "buzzing"..says micman. Bit of chat in the box and then Vela's in thee again. Zico spouts a bit of Aramaic (or something) then some scores, then.....a bit of a disagreement about geography and ah, the game....Anyway, a goal kick them. Madine doesn't get a free kick then....miclads have a bit more banter then....the vistors win a free kick. And....Spearing does well and sets clough off.
Throw them now and Ameobi does well as the Machine gets assaulted. Latics try a long one that goes over Howard's bar.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:35 pm

We go but they get the throw. More scores then.....then.....Ameobi loses out but Wheater gets good words for his anticipation. Now then, come on lads, another before half time would be nice....Is this really a commentary or a chat session? Voices sing out then Beevers knocks one for a throw. Zac goes and....Vela and.....anyway, it's a throw. Come on Whites....get in there. And then.....they attack, cleared and....they have a free on halfway. And.....Winchester hits one for a throw off Clough. They try a vist.....and win a corner. Hey up lads, let's not do a "it's only Oldham" and get stuck into them. We go forth, retreat and then....is it geting a bit scappy......no, we go and....Spearing bangs one at the keeper after an initial effort from Clough. Off to Rochdale...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:37 pm

Zico being humorous and not feeling sorry for anybody before.....the Latics visit again and.....ohhhh and McKay? leathers one that Howard just tips away.....we break and......Ameobi gets foiled by the keeper.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:41 pm

A chance missed as the amazing Mr Ripley saves the Latics going two down. They wallop one forth and Thorpe does well and Zac and.....the Machine hits a defender. Making em, but not taking em, it seems before Vela, Spearing and Taylor have a dab. Scores about off-planet games then we try again and the much mentioned Green and.....we go to Spotland....

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:44 pm

Prufrock wrote:Shit, that lad. No end product - BWFCI
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:45 pm

We certainly seem to be outplaying them and should be up a couple more.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:49 pm

Mean while, back at The Macron, talk of what might have been. Madine wins one and......free kick and Spearing gets a second chance and the Machine can't get a decent head on it (bit like a lot of beer these days) Zico chats about pies then.....then.....Ameobi ....causes some chatin the box and Wilson gets a double throw near their box line. And...Beevers, Thorpe and....cleared. Half time approaches with just the one advantage and....we get another free....and....Beevers, ohhh and Wilson almost gets us in bother with a bad pass but he recovers. Latic come now and.....and....anyway, we have a throw as more scores are announced elsewhere. Now then, Vela and....it goes out of play. Only one added minute and....that seems to be that....1-0 us.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:03 pm

Well, with Zac Clough aiming to defy BWFCi's claim that he has no end product....we return to the colliseum as the gladiators give the "we who are about to die, salute you" acknowlegement to the baying crowds and .....well... okay then, Part Two...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:14 pm

Bury are one down, we are one up, and the sun also rises. Latics are a little slow to return to battle, but get a cheer from their 3,000 plus travelled fans. We go....

Zico's been having a half-time chat with Jason McAteer and David Lee and the Latics have a free kick. Cleared.....Ameobi and Wilson set off but the visitors sally again. Whites defend well and a throw ensues (oer!) and then.....we have some scores and then....Wheater gets involved as the vistors attack. They sound to be having a bit too much possession? And .....what's happening? Spearing goes, goes again and Ameobi feeds Spearing again. Taylor, Thorpe, Wheater, Wilson and....a strong header from Madine doesn't trouble the keeper....apparently. And......Madine gets nutmegged then...the Latics get a free near their own box. Micmen have a chat then Vela....gives away a throw. Zico imitates a hyena then the vistors come again and.......ohhhhh...McKay leathers one just over.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:19 pm

Come on Whites, get that second goal......Wilson long throw and....ping and pong sees it back to Howard. Throw them now and....some scores and.....some more and......Ameobi goes and....and.....a cross finds no takers. Ripley goal kick, Rochdale still lead at Spotland and......meanwhile......some head tennis before Spearing Beevers and.....oh, a chat then. COME ON WHITES.....we need another goal......Spearing, Taylor and Vela wins a free as a yellow almost appears. Makay leaves the pitch then Ameobi shows great skill but Vela's cross goes out.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:25 pm

Throw us as we resume. McKay replaced by..??? a chat, then the Latics sally forth again. Throw us and.....more scores.....and....it ends with Winchester's effort well wide. Ameobi, Wilson...takes a throw and......and....in it goes, headed clear twice but it ends with Howard. Zico mumbles, Clough can't get it across, but wins a corner. And......ohh. Beever's shot is blocked and then we have to clear and start again and........and.....it's hacked clear for a throw us. And...Madine's header hits the keeper.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:31 pm

More scores of no relevence then, a chat.....then Taylor goes and.......Madine gets a shot in but not on target. Throw us, they collect and visit. The sub?? for Mckay figures then.....they keep possession and Howard saves the day after an offside is missed. Foul on Madine then......more scores then.....then....then....Wheater dragged down by his shirt but ref give it the other way as 15,000 crowd announced. Crowd vocal now and they break again at us and......Winchester sails one over from distance.