Into the Lions' Den, Millwall away, 18th Oct. Match thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Into the Lions' Den, Millwall away, 18th Oct. Match thre

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:32 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Can't recall what game it was - might have been as early as Wimbledon - that it was a stated tactical plan to get Proctor pulling wide, probably to jump (for the inevitable long-balls) against the full-backs, who are generally shorter than centre-backs. That's a tactic going back a decade or more - Allardyce did it at White Hart Lane, putting SKD on Lee Young-pyo.
Indeed. The trouble with Proctor is he's trying to hard. Just needs to settle down focus on the basics and he will be fine.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:03 am

Touble is, Proctor doesn't win much. Has fancy feet, with no end product and has no ambition to get into the box. That's why he drifts wide..Because he thinks he's something he's not
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:19 pm

boltonboris wrote:Touble is, Proctor doesn't win much. Has fancy feet, with no end product and has no ambition to get into the box. That's why he drifts wide..Because he thinks he's something he's not
Aye - thought he was useful when he came on in the first game, because he stretched the play (not that there was much between him and our defenders by that stage) - which I don't think Madine is as clever at. But. like you say, he then has pretty much zero presence in the middle...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:39 pm

From what I've seen of Proctor he's a waste of a shirt. Absolute bobbins. He can feck off and he can take that clueless c*nt from Wolves with him whilst he's at it. Shite.
May the bridges I burn light your way

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:19 pm

Well I,m as chuffed as a pig in shit! I go away for a week and we have 2 wins on the trot!! Think I should start planning my next week away!! :lol:

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:04 pm

jonnycooper wrote:Well I,m as chuffed as a pig in shit! I go away for a week and we have 2 wins on the trot!! Think I should start planning my next week away!! :lol:
And played well in both games so if you could go on holiday tomorrow and come back Tuesday it would be much appreciated.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:07 pm

jonnycooper wrote:Well I,m as chuffed as a pig in shit! I go away for a week and we have 2 wins on the trot!! Think I should start planning my next week away!! :lol:
Missed them too. Nice to come across a fellow Jonah.