F.A.Cup First Round Proper. Grimsby home 5th November....

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: F.A.Cup First Round Proper. Grimsby home 5th November...

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:24 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Apparently we dominated the first half but we've been shit since I got the stream on for the 2nd.
Getting outplayed here. Still managed a one on one though which proctor hit straight at the keeper. Howard just saved a very good chance for them.
There does seem to be a bit of a correlation between you watching the game and us getting beat LE... :-)

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:25 pm

I'll say this now.

If proctor is trying too hard then he needs to just stop. Stop full stop.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:26 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Apparently we dominated the first half but we've been shit since I got the stream on for the 2nd.
Getting outplayed here. Still managed a one on one though which proctor hit straight at the keeper. Howard just saved a very good chance for them.
There does seem to be a bit of a correlation between you watching the game and us getting beat LE... :-)
I was at the Port Vale game and didn't arrive at half time, before you ask!
Stream just died. Probably for the best.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:35 pm

The streams have died although there is still volume.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:37 pm

malcd1 wrote:The streams have died although there is still volume.
http://wtfstreamlive.in/live-soccer-stream-32/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's ok.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:37 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:in front of a 10812 crowd :)
Not quite - Attendance: 6,649 with 1,905 from Grimsby.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:40 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:in front of a 10812 crowd :)
Not quite - Attendance: 6,649 with 1,905 from Grimsby.
Correction. Today's attendance is actually 7,173! Thank you for your support. As you were... (76) 1-0 #BOLvGRI #EmiratesFACup
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:55 pm

Scunny (3-1 at Charlton) and Bradford (2-1 at home to Accy) both losing. JSL

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:57 pm

Job done. "One-niiiiil, to the Wanderers..."

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:04 pm

I've just blocked out 26th, 27th and 28th of May 2017, in my diary.

EIEIEIO.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:23 pm

I want Halifax away in the next round. They'll have to win a replay of course.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:39 pm

Sorry about disappearing today folks. It all went haywire. Saw the stream, switched off the Radio machine and first the sream died then my beloved radio packed up. Power light but no sound? Have to dig uot the instruction manual from ten years ago and try to revatalise. We only needed to score one to win but went totally to sleep second half. We get outpaced, out energised and much of the time, outplayed. Even out trusty defence seemed panicked and careless a lot of the time. Allowing a bit for lack of bodies, still not our finest display. Got the second half in various spasms by jumping about between streams but was glad when the whistly went.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:02 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Sorry about disappearing today folks. It all went haywire.
Disgraceful - sort yourself out
:spank: :spank:
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:14 pm

I was looking for our longest winning run, thinking 8 might have been about it (8's not far off - think it's second), then I found 11 in 1904/5....Keep up the good work chaps...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:46 pm

We were poor, but another win and critically with our injuries a replay avoided.

Howard motm.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:10 pm

Grimsby looked a very decent outfit, certainly in the 2nd half, and actually reminded me of Allardyce's Wanderers in that they moved it well on the deck whilst also having the option of being able to knock it up to the big lad. Based on that performance I think that they'll do well this year. We totally bossed the first half and had we had someone/anyone capable of getting of getting onto the loose ball every time their keeper parried out one of our shots then we could have gone in three or four up, but we haven't. Proctor was chiefly anonymous and when he wasn't - you wished he was. Absolute shite. The one true chance he did get onto he actually created himself, putting himself through one-on-one only to absolutely blast it straight at a keeper who was on his way down so early that he was almost horizontal. Shite.
Grimsby came out in the 2nd half and did what you'd reasonably expect of any side faced with going out of the cup - they threw absolutely everything at us and continued to do so for the remainder of the game. That said, for all Gimsby's pressure they only had one attempt on target with Bogle (I think) bringing a stunning save out of the utterly redoubtable Mark Howard, but going close with a few other attempts. Wheaters and Beevers were again absolutely immense at the back.

Grimsby fans (who made up around 30% of the attendance, were in fine voice for 90 minutes and were a credit to their club) must me bewildered as to how they didn't force the well-deserved replay.

Bolton fans who chose to stay away from a £12 game actually missed a cracking cup tie.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:41 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Grimsby looked a very decent outfit, certainly in the 2nd half, and actually reminded me of Allardyce's Wanderers in that they moved it well on the deck whilst also having the option of being able to knock it up to the big lad. Based on that performance I think that they'll do well this year. We totally bossed the first half and had we had someone/anyone capable of getting of getting onto the loose ball every time their keeper parried out one of our shots then we could have gone in three or four up, but we haven't. Proctor was chiefly anonymous and when he wasn't - you wished he was. Absolute shite. The one true chance he did get onto he actually created himself, putting himself through one-on-one only to absolutely blast it straight at a keeper who was on his way down so early that he was almost horizontal. Shite.
Grimsby came out in the 2nd half and did what you'd reasonably expect of any side faced with going out of the cup - they threw absolutely everything at us and continued to do so for the remainder of the game. That said, for all Gimsby's pressure they only had one attempt on target with Bogle (I think) bringing a stunning save out of the utterly redoubtable Mark Howard, but going close with a few other attempts. Wheaters and Beevers were again absolutely immense at the back.

Grimsby fans (who made up around 30% of the attendance, were in fine voice for 90 minutes and were a credit to their club) must me bewildered as to how they didn't force the well-deserved replay.

Bolton fans who chose to stay away from a £12 game actually missed a cracking cup tie.
Proctor is really odd. There has to be a player hidden in there because he has the raw ability. But he just always seems to mess up just when you think he's done the hard part.

It strikes me he's either trying too hard or is just mentally too weak.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: Proctor is really odd. There has to be a player hidden in there because he has the raw ability. But he just always seems to mess up just when you think he's done the hard part.

It strikes me he's either trying too hard or is just mentally too weak.
That's where I'm at. After the miss he couldn't put a foot on the ball without fecking it up and we couldn't get him off quick enough. Even got himself booked when trying to help midfield out by putting in a tackle.

Maybe he just needs a goal but I just can't see where it's going to come from.
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:47 pm

I sincerely hope we can hold on to Sammi Ameobi. He really makes a difference wherever he's involved and going off today that quite a lot of places.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:49 pm

Another point, Wigan fans slated Andrew Taylor when we signed him, said he was terrible.

All I can say he's the best full back we've had in years, really solid. Really like him. Light years ahead of Moxey.