Port out, starboard home? Landlocked Peterborough (A) 13/11

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Port out, starboard home? Landlocked Peterborough (A) 13

Post by Prufrock » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:29 pm

No, it wasn't. No centre half is stepping out there and you'd be correct to expect your keeper to save one straight down his throat
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:31 pm

We are going to be a streaky team. Parky has a history of that. Expect a few bad weeks followed by some good ones.

Once again though I think we've mainy been disrupted by injuries in recent weeks. Too many in and out in midfield and the continuity wed built up went astray.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:35 pm

Tombwfc wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:Absolutely didnnot deserve anything today. And you know what - we would have at least a point playing this badly if parkinson hadnt made such terrible decisions in the transfer window. He let two young lads go who carry more goal threat in their little fingers than the dogshit trio of procter anderson and henry.
Woolery and who else?

Anyway, I think that's a bit harsh. If you look at the goalscoring records of Anderson and particularly Henry, there's plenty to say that there are goals there. It hasn't worked out to this point, but certainly if you played them across a season, I'd bet you'd get more goals out of that pair than you would Proctor/Taylor or Woolery/whoever.

We were bollocks though, and only ever looked like getting something through Ameobi, who was then taken off.
Wilkinson. Who has scored a couple which I wager puts him above Proctor by the end of the season. Bit naughty though cos like everyone else I couldnt see him cutting it here and by nonmeans would he be the answer.

What is this goalscoring record of Anderson you speak of? Does it better Woolery netting twice at a higher level in a worse team? I'd of been calling for him to come on this afternoon and there was not one sub on the bench today I can say that of. Its a bollock bringing Anderson in - he's no better than Woolery and hes not ours. Henry we all thought we would do it, but its a goalscorer we need. Someone who can create space in the box and nick a goal when we aren't playing well. Will be the difference between us going up this year I think, cos we will struggle to get one in Jan.

Cant believe two forwards left bradford this summer and we ended up with that clown.

Still Parky has sorted a lot of problems and you can genuinely see what his gameplan is - massive improvement on the last few managers. I'm convinced a goalscorer is all we need to sort it.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:39 pm

Prufrock wrote:No, it wasn't. No centre half is stepping out there and you'd be correct to expect your keeper to save one straight down his throat
You need to see it again too. Straight down his throat? Do yourself a favour.
May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:46 pm

Chris Taylor. Signed as a set piece expert but when he comes on Clough still taking corners and free kicks 40, 50 yards out. He might not win the first but I'd back him to snaffle a half chance away. Or at least I'd back him as the most likely one of our lot to put one away. Taylors a bit shit as well really.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:55 pm

A single striker scoring goals won't sort it all. We need goals throughout the team. And really midfield looks light in goals. I think Henry is a decent player who will score but he's been outplayed by Ameobi.

Poor result today but dust down and go again.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:A single striker scoring goals won't sort it all. We need goals throughout the team. And really midfield looks light in goals. I think Henry is a decent player who will score but he's been outplayed by Ameobi.

We do need to score throughout the team. A single striker scoring goals would help too!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:31 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:A single striker scoring goals won't sort it all. We need goals throughout the team. And really midfield looks light in goals. I think Henry is a decent player who will score but he's been outplayed by Ameobi.

We do need to score throughout the team. A single striker scoring goals would help too!
Oh no doubt about it. Still think in this day and age finding one who fits into the team structure isn't that easy.

We don't create all that many chances.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:59 pm

Worthy4England wrote:That didn't take long. It wasn't a good performance today, but we've won 6 on the bounce. It was bound to come a cropper sooner or later
:pray:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:01 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:No, it wasn't. No centre half is stepping out there and you'd be correct to expect your keeper to save one straight down his throat

Aye! Was a good strike to be fair!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:20 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Aye! Was a good strike to be fair!
Savable though.

If his hand is slightly more to the left as you look at it then it would have been a worldly save.

I think the lad had the nerves today and the sun in his eyes.

Bad day at the office for the whole team.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:35 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:not that high.
You need to see it again.

That aside, that wasn't a performance by a side going up. Very poor indeed.
I watched it a number of times. Not saying it was a massive howler but a better keeper would have tipped it over. You could see from the behind the scorer angle that his hand was there but I think he just misjudged it.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:22 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:not that high.
You need to see it again.

That aside, that wasn't a performance by a side going up. Very poor indeed.
I watched it a number of times. Not saying it was a massive howler but a better keeper would have tipped it over. You could see from the behind the scorer angle that his hand was there but I think he just misjudged it.
So do I. It was practically hit straight at him. If it had been a metre either way then fair enough but it wasn't and it should really have just been a regulation push over the bar. He would probably have dealt with it with relative ease if he wasn't so match rusty.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:27 pm

Might be worth a mention, but for that foul on Howard Alnwick probably wouldn't have been on the pitch at all. Would Howard have done better? That goal, after all, was the only difference to us at least getting a point.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:40 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Might be worth a mention, but for that foul on Howard Alnwick probably wouldn't have been on the pitch at all. Would Howard have done better? That goal, after all, was the only difference to us at least getting a point.
He would in my opinion.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:20 pm

Found it interesting how the co-commentator on Sky was trying to argue that Coulthirst had done nothing wrong.

Stonewall yellow, and we're now missing our first choice keeper for what's likely to be a month or so. Dirty barsteward.

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:54 pm

Any goalkeeper should have saved that 10/10, easy save IMO. But if the sun blinded him then fair enough can't be helped.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:21 am

Spartan2 wrote:Any goalkeeper should have saved that 10/10, easy save IMO. But if the sun blinded him then fair enough can't be helped.
It was a real, chocolate handed effort. If you watch it again, it's well hit but goes through his palm rather than fingertips.

It's a 50/50 not great goalkeeping/good strike of the ball.

Beever's would've had to be Usain Bolt to get to that, the lad's first touch made the ball sit up beautifully to be hit.

The sun was shining left to right as the lad hit it so it can't have been in Alnwick's eyes.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:39 am

A better keeper saves it. That's the point.

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:18 am

I'm not sure anyone can actually say that it should have been saved, none of the TV pictures allow you to build a good 3D picture of the ball in relation to his hand.

It looks bad but only because it was close to his position, but that doesn't mean he could have reached it.