New Takeover of BWFC?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

New Takeover of BWFC?

Post by malcd1 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:28 am

Well according to an Alan Nixon exclusive it could be. No one knows how much money Ken has or if he has enough to mount a challenge to get back to the Premier League. Things have been going well both on and off the pitch this season, since the takeover, so it would be a shame but a good thing?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -the-club/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SAUDI SHARES Bolton Wanderers are attracting interest from a Saudi Arabian group over potential takeover of the club

BOLTON are attracting shock interest from a Saudi Arabian group who want to buy the League One title chasers. The Middle East investors have contacted a London-based lawyer to investigate the cost of taking over at the Macron Stadium.

Chairman Ken Anderson and shareholder Dean Holdsworth have big stakes in Wanderers and no longer get on so negotiations will be complicated.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: New Takeover of BWFC?

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:39 am

It's not a good situation when the two owneres don't "get on", so we do need some resolution (read money) in the club. The Maharajah of Macron has a ring to it.. :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:53 am

I'd like one like Citeh got, rather than one like Pompey got.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:57 am

The Oracle.

Writing in The Sun.

Must be true.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:09 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:The Oracle. Writing in The Sun. Must be true.
Bit surprised they had any page- space left from screwing up marriages and fxcking up peoples lives by insisting on publishing shxt "the people need to know" and calling it reporting.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:56 am

Good to see Deano on TV yesterday sat behind Anderson, at least he still has an interest in the club despite the supposed fallout.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:16 am

Riviman wrote:Good to see Deano on TV yesterday sat behind Anderson, at least he still has an interest in the club despite the supposed fallout.
Bet Anderson's jacket was covered in gob/nasal harvest at 2pm though...
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:50 am

I would be unhappy if the Saudi's owned our club, money or no money TBH.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:26 pm

me too
Bolton Wanderers - just another commodity to be bought and sold :cry:

Have always thought that Anderson (not so much Deano) saw the Wanderers as an opportunity to flip a quick buck

Buy us at rock bottom,,, stabilise the club then sell off to the highest bidder

The really sad thing is that if he didn't then we probably have gone under.... and all our history and heritage gone too
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:19 pm

nelson66 wrote:me too

Have always thought that Anderson (not so much Deano) saw the Wanderers as an opportunity to flip a quick buck

The really sad thing is that if he didn't then we probably have gone under.... and all our history and heritage gone too

feck it. If the Saudis want to buy us then I'm in. Sick of skimping and saving and robbing Peter to pay Paul. Get some serious Wonga in, buy shit loads of great players and poach Guardiola from City. Watch us rocket up to the premier league in two successive seasons mullering everone 5-0 and then win the league in our first season back. Bring the good times back. Balls to Sammy Lee/ Coyle/ Freedman/ Lennon and the respective horses they rode in on! I wanna go back to Madrid for European football. And none of your Atletico nonsense. This time I want the REAL deal! :oyea:

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:07 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:

feck it. If the Saudis want to buy us then I'm in. Sick of skimping and saving and robbing Peter to pay Paul. Get some serious Wonga in, buy shit loads of great players and poach Guardiola from City. Watch us rocket up to the premier league in two successive seasons mullering everone 5-0 and then win the league in our first season back. Bring the good times back. Balls to Sammy Lee/ Coyle/ Freedman/ Lennon and the respective horses they rode in on! I wanna go back to Madrid for European football. And none of your Atletico nonsense. This time I want the REAL deal! :oyea:
Enfield, Enfield, wake up! You must have been sleep walking in your sleep again and been on your computer. :wink:
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:28 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:

:pray:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:56 am

malcd1 wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Enfield, Enfield, wake up! You must have been sleep walking in your sleep again and been on your computer. :wink:

I'm serious. Sick of hand-wringing and trying to be nicey nicey. Throw some fecking money at it and 'Ride the Lightning'

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:08 am

Free beer and pies inside the ground. We should pitch for that too.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:52 am

Amazing how excited some could get at receiving blood and tainted money from a prehistoric, woman hating, murdering, culture.

Shallow Hals!

I would not loose one seconds sleep if someone nuked Riyadh.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:19 pm

Hoboh wrote:Amazing how excited some could get at receiving blood and tainted money from a prehistoric, woman hating, murdering, culture.

Shallow Hals!

Ah, so gender equality works in this instance for you?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:38 pm

Hoboh wrote:Amazing how excited some could get at receiving blood and tainted money from a prehistoric, woman hating, murdering, culture.
Wtf will BWFC do with all the blood they receive? :?
Businesswoman of the year.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:52 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Maybe it will get Trotter moving as fast as my Gran.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:02 pm

Shallow Hals!

Righty oh! (lose, btw ;) )
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:25 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:

Sell Black Puddings instead of pies. Yum.

And Hoboh I'm quite aware of the human rights record of the Saudis but the way I see it if the money's good for City and whatever our beloved government gets for selling arms to them then why can't 'little old Bolton Wanderers' have a slice?