They're not real lions, they're Dogs - Millwall (H) 19/11/16

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: They're not real lions, they're Dogs - Millwall (H) 19/1

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:07 pm

norm the jedi wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
jonnycooper wrote:Bradford losing 2-0 puts a nice little gap between us and 4th spot!!!
Two points is better then nowt or negative, but this is still turning into one of those seasons with a leading pack which is bigger than the number of automatic slots, then a mass of teams behind them from which the rest of the play-offs will be made. Before Peterborough's injury-time winner at Northampton there were only three points between 5th and 13th. It's gonna be interesting.
Right enough but we've hardly started yet there's 60% games to go yet and we're still 20 points from last seasons 5th from bottom.. A lot of shaking out to get done before we're near finished
True, but this time last year in League One there was two points between 2nd and 5th and nine points between 5th and 13th; our chasing pack is much tighter than last year. All will be revealed...

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:16 pm

1st time we've had a positive double digit goal difference since Mar 2006.

Another clean sheet that was crucial imo, Alnwick was nervous last week and with Wheater out injured it gives hope that the squad can cope if it happens again.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:17 pm

Any news on how long Wheater's out?

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:46 pm

DJBlu wrote:1st time we've had a positive double digit goal difference since Mar 2006.
Some tedious internet twunt wrote:We briefly had a positive double digit goal difference after scoring the 3rd against Port Vale.
A few hours late, but 'Wahoooooo!'

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:57 pm

Anbody who went want to give a quick summery of the game?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:38 pm

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... 0-millwall" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:39 pm

BN says Wheater could be out for a few weeks.
Parkinson revealed after the game that David Wheater could now be missing for a number of weeks with a back problem picked up late on Friday afternoon.

“We don’t know how long it will be yet,” he said. “It was a frustrating day on Friday because the bad weather meant we walked through the set plays and organisation against Millwall on the Astro-Turf and just at the end he struck one ball as he was walking off the pitch and felt some pain in his back.

“Over the next hour his whole back had seized up and by the time he left the training ground he was in absolute agony.

“Obviously it’s a concern. He’s been a big character for us and hopefully we’ll get him back sooner rather than later.”

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:13 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
DJBlu wrote:1st time we've had a positive double digit goal difference since Mar 2006.
Some tedious internet twunt wrote:We briefly had a positive double digit goal difference after scoring the 3rd against Port Vale.
A few hours late, but 'Wahoooooo!'
Twas the situation at half time against Port Vale true but it's now in the record books.

Onwards and upwards.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:16 am

Decent result. Great result infact when you consider no Wheater and Howard. I hope this isn't Wheater in and out now for the season. Spearing makes a massive difference.

Oh and you can't have this as a win for Trotter in thr side ;).

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:20 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Anbody who went want to give a quick summery of the game?
Played ok. Once we scored never looked like anything but a win. Second goal was crucial.

Vela ran his socks off and scored a wonder goal. Thorpe looked good when he came on. Not sure why he didn't start ahead of Trotter. He and Spearing look solid. Clough and Ameobi both drifted in and out the game which is why it was 2-0 and not 4 or 5. Both could have nailed Millwal with the right service.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:23 am

DJBlu wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:I really hope I'm wrong but I cant see us winning against Millwall, especially if Trotter starts - to be honest I can see another shit run coming up and can't see another win in November
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Now don't you feel like a silly so and so.

:whack:
No squire I don't feel at all silly and I'm happy to be proved wrong - I'm absolutely made up with the result as I didn't expect it, solid performance and it could have been 3 or 4, but a very important win to get us back on track.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:08 am

I'm sticking to my guns here....we still play better without Trotter in midfield. With him in the side in the 1st half, we seemed quite slow paced. Yes we were 1 nil up, but to me we didn't pass it that well. Second half we picked up the pace and this was with Thorpe in the side instead of Trotter.
Coincidence? maybe but we looked better in the second half
(maybe I just don't like Trotter :) )

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:17 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Played ok. Once we scored never looked like anything but a win. Second goal was crucial.

Vela ran his socks off and scored a wonder goal. Thorpe looked good when he came on. Not sure why he didn't start ahead of Trotter. He and Spearing look solid. Clough and Ameobi both drifted in and out the game which is why it was 2-0 and not 4 or 5. Both could have nailed Millwal with the right service.
So which is it?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:51 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

So which is it?
:lol:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:29 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

So which is it?
Should have added that second goal was crucial to avoid any nerves creeping at the end. But we were always comfortable.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:29 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

So which is it?
To be fair to BWFC_I I can understand his sentiments. It was really important that our dominance gave us the advantage and the second one gave us the the cushion to calm down a bit. Just look at what happened with Manure yesterday in the 80+oddth minute.

As anyone who hasn't seen them then these highlights are a fair reflection of the game, and as others have mentioned a 5-0 scoreline would have been a fairer result. However, we simply haven't got a forward player capable of latching on to rebounded shots, attacks the ball in the six-yard box. We don't need another Anelka, at this level another Tony Philliskisk is exactly what we need to score 20 scruffy goals a season.

Until that happens I expect us to win more than we lose, but I expect them to be by tighter margins than the stats might suggest.

May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:03 pm

Anyone got any stats?

I reckon BWFC has more 'sicknotes' than most, why?

I mean it's not like we operate at high speed and on on the edge is it.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:04 pm

Just loved the way Vela reacted and got himself up off the ground to meet the ball in his volley.He could so easily have hung back and let it bounce and done a Wigan over the bar. Instead he got above the ball and hit it without leaning back. Smart reactions and an excellent contact. Good stuff.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:08 pm

Millwall's defence was dreadful!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:54 pm

Hoboh wrote:Anyone got any stats?

I reckon BWFC has more 'sicknotes' than most, why?

I mean it's not like we operate at high speed and on on the edge is it.
See the highlights above, you alarmingly idiotic, unintelligent gentleman!
May the bridges I burn light your way