Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:18 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Kennys post match prezzer!!

I think this one is a thinly veiled dig at allardyce who apparantley had a dig at our crowd (more than his first season in charge) in his programme notes last night.
Found this in The Mirror's match report, Dibs.

In his programme notes, Allardyce had bemoaned the state of the empire he built at the Macron, saying: “I had mixed feelings going back up to Bolton as it is sad to see the club in the position it is in.

“The memories of the great days and the excellent team we had when I was manager will always be with me, but to see the stadium less than half-full with stands shut down and the club struggling financially saddened me.”

No disrespect, Big Sam, but it wasn’t exactly full to bursting in the People’s Republic of Croydon last night.

And as for struggling financially, does the term ‘balance sheet’ ring any bells? Because your wage bill at Bolton wasn’t a recipe for solvency, was it?

Ooof! Written by a chap called Mike Walters.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:15 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:Kennys post match prezzer!!

I think this one is a thinly veiled dig at allardyce who apparantley had a dig at our crowd (more than his first season in charge) in his programme notes last night.
Found this in The Mirror's match report, Dibs.

In his programme notes, Allardyce had bemoaned the state of the empire he built at the Macron, saying: “I had mixed feelings going back up to Bolton as it is sad to see the club in the position it is in.

“The memories of the great days and the excellent team we had when I was manager will always be with me, but to see the stadium less than half-full with stands shut down and the club struggling financially saddened me.”

No disrespect, Big Sam, but it wasn’t exactly full to bursting in the People’s Republic of Croydon last night.

And as for struggling financially, does the term ‘balance sheet’ ring any bells? Because your wage bill at Bolton wasn’t a recipe for solvency, was it?

Ooof! Written by a chap called Mike Walters.
Allardyce's comments were a bit stupid. To bemoan a crowd of 11,000 when palace managed less than that as a Premiership side, backfired.

Shame he can't ever just say something nice without having to try and big himself up.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:22 pm

Thanks Bruce.

I can't fathom why Allardyce ft the need for a cheap shot at one of the only clubs the failed england manager will get a good wrlcome...hell parky even laid on a pint of wine for him so I hear...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:54 pm

Because he's a cock. It was always so, even when he was our cock. Im still fond of him occasionally though.
I think his career will fizzle out in bitterness now and he'll be remembered for all the wrong reasons.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:12 am

LeverEnd wrote:I think his career will fizzle out in bitterness now and he'll be remembered for all the wrong reasons.
See Graham Taylor. Any England manager or Prime Minister will always be judged on that, with the rest merely supporting structure of the narrative arc.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:43 am

Just noticed on Sky Sports 'Paper Talk' section a quote from The Sun newspaper.
Cash-strapped Bolton could sell their Macron Stadium and hotel for £15m following an approach by a British-based group.
Know nothing about the actual story or who wrote it but it would be extremely worrying if this is true. Lets hope it is just bollocks.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:03 pm

Selling elland road was an absolute disaster for Leeds.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:34 pm

Coventry is the real reference point in terms of what disasters can happen once you sell your stadium. Essentially expensive tenancy with loss of income from stadium related activities, declining business means selling off more assets and lower and lower budget to spend on the football side. A death spiral.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:17 pm

From Iles on Twitter:
Just contacted Ken Anderson about report of a £15m ground/hotel sale at #bwfc -his response? "Absolute rubbish". Make of that what you will.
Pfffft.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:51 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:Coventry is the real reference point in terms of what disasters can happen once you sell your stadium. Essentially expensive tenancy with loss of income from stadium related activities, declining business means selling off more assets and lower and lower budget to spend on the football side. A death spiral.
A crying shame to see such a fine development so sparsely populated by Cov fans earlier in the month, yet around 3/4 full for a Wasps game.
May the bridges I burn light your way

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:01 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:Coventry is the real reference point in terms of what disasters can happen once you sell your stadium. Essentially expensive tenancy with loss of income from stadium related activities, declining business means selling off more assets and lower and lower budget to spend on the football side. A death spiral.
A crying shame to see such a fine development so sparsely populated by Cov fans earlier in the month, yet around 3/4 full for a Wasps game.
Yeah, but Wasps are successful.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:17 am

bedwetter2 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

They create more of a buzz about the place.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

palindromeofbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palindromeofbolton » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:15 am

Andy Waller wrote:
bedwetter2 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Yup. It's a real hive of activity.

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:59 am

Andy Waller wrote:
bedwetter2 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

There's no flies on you.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:30 pm

Some progress somewhere....???

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/15 ... ef=mr&lp=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:15 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Some progress somewhere....???

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/15 ... ef=mr&lp=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Seems they had little choice in the matter to be fair, play hardball with people you owe money to and you usually come unstuck eventually.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:14 pm

Hoboh wrote:

Seems they had little choice in the matter to be fair, play hardball with people you owe money to and you usually come unstuck eventually.
Says we're 'in dispute' with Heathcote's caterers too. For 'in dispute' read 'not paying the bills quite probably.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Says we're 'in dispute' with Heathcote's caterers too. For 'in dispute' read 'not paying the bills quite probably.
Ah, go on then: I'll bite.

We want our cake and eat it.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:57 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

:lol:

and so it starts. I'm still regretting setting things off with my tit-like dictator comment, although DSB was the real instigator.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:19 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

:lol:

and so it starts. I'm still regretting setting things off with my tit-like dictator comment, although DSB was the real institgator.
Fixed that for you.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!