Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:48 am

Players haven't received due payments, and that's why Proctor hasn't gone yet.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... in_unpaid/

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:08 am

Embarrassing stuff. Can't keep going on like this. Ken needs to get a handle on the basics.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:27 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:48 am
Players haven't received due payments, and that's why Proctor hasn't gone yet.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... in_unpaid/
There surely has to be some comment made from the throne of power about this? Outside media will happily feast on this as "revelations" like a pack of hyenas. Things are somewhat confusing at the house of Macron right now, to say the least.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:38 pm

If anyone deserves a promotion bonus it's Proctor and Taylor! :roll: I imagine this won't have made good reading for Will Buckley either!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:34 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:38 pm
If anyone deserves a promotion bonus it's Proctor and Taylor! :roll: I imagine this won't have made good reading for Will Buckley either!
Nixon claims £500k in promotion payments etc outstanding. The PFA have been notified; presumably our location is saved as a favourite on their Google Maps. Moxey – I know, another you might not wish to knight, but he's still owed what he's owed - has tweeted "Not just bonuses lot of us had nothing", "It's a joke mate been told it's getting 'reviewed' on Monday", "Not really funny anymore mate as it seems to happen every month". Obviously the replies to him are telling him he's shit, crap, shouldn't be paid in washers and should look forward to enjoying League 2. Sometimes I feel ashamed to be a Bolton fan, or indeed a human.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:11 pm

I've seen all the tweets involving Moxey and it's cringeworthy to say the least. I don't agree with Moxey tweeting anything that happens within the club (and his wife has joined in also...but I also don't condone what some of our fans have said back to him either, although he has left himself open to criticism rightly or wrongly.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:01 am

As I said earlier, Ken needs to step up and take this in hand, he really does..and now. . It's not only damaging to the club and players,drastic as that may be,but if mass fan disapproval takes over there's going to be some serious shxt hitting some sizeable fan blades. Get it sorted Ken, it seems to be beyond idle gossip and rumour and it won't go away if the media jackals start scenting blood and tryng to get comments from staff and players etc. This could seriously affect players desires to join Bolton. Nobody works for nothing, however "no shxt Sherlock" that might sound. Come on Ken, sort it out.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:17 am

Whilst I agree TD, and I think he will sort it Monday, bottom line is to sort it he needs to dip into his pocket and pull out £500k. It is all very well us sitting on the sidelines and demanding it is sorted but different when it is your half a million you need to stick into a club you are doing your best to turn around.

Let's face it Ken is probably rich by our standards but he's no Eddie Davies. Half a million is probably a considerable amount for him to conjour up out of thin air.

Just important for balance to remember that Ken has no ties to this club. If he wants to he can walk away tomorrow (he's only put temporary loans in) and that would leave us pretty much doomed.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:59 am

I agree. And I don't. It's not like these payments will have suddenly come to light. So you do wonder how we can re-sign players, sign new players etc. Without having the wherewithal to pay the ones on the books what they're owed.

In that sense, it shouldn't matter whether it's a player on £500 quid a week or £16,000 quid a week. Or whether they've been PoTY or stealing a living.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:17 am
Whilst I agree TD, and I think he will sort it Monday, bottom line is to sort it he needs to dip into his pocket and pull out £500k. It is all very well us sitting on the sidelines and demanding it is sorted but different when it is your half a million you need to stick into a club you are doing your best to turn around.

Let's face it Ken is probably rich by our standards but he's no Eddie Davies. Half a million is probably a considerable amount for him to conjour up out of thin air.

Just important for balance to remember that Ken has no ties to this club. If he wants to he can walk away tomorrow (he's only put temporary loans in) and that would leave us pretty much doomed.
All these things I know and agree with. It's more for the club's reputation because, if we're honest, do we really care whose money funds us as long as somebody does? I think a "Who's Who" of football owners today might read more like a page from the Financial Times rather than any sports periodical. The club, like all football clubs is a business first and foremost and a sport some way second. Oligarcs, entrepenuers, greedy agents and player who see themselves as natural born superstars have ruined football, this we all know, but to the lowly fan the town/club's reputation matters more than all of it. This is why Ken needs to say something rather than nothing even if it's only to admit we're in deep shxt and he's tryin g to sort it. . .

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:17 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:05 pm
This is why Ken needs to say something rather than nothing even if it's only to admit we're in deep shxt and he's tryin g to sort it. . .
https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2017/july/a ... -chairman/

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:28 pm

Seems sorta understandable..

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:26 pm

My issue with these statements are they all seem to be either scoring points or trying to force hands. 'Agree a deal with me or else....'

Not sure what there is to negotiate with Blumarble and sports shield. SS owe BM £5M plus interest accrued secured against club assets. Someone needs to pay it. I realise Ken will be negotiating staged payments or interest reductions but still. Doubt BM will be low balled. There is a nasty sting in the tail coming here where someone else will invest in SS, someone uncooperative with Ken. Then we shall have a real proper mess on our hands.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:37 pm

At least now this statement in its honesty has blunted the same things coming out as media revelations/accusations. Good.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:46 pm

Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:34 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Nixon claims £500k in promotion payments etc outstanding. The PFA have been notified; presumably our location is saved as a favourite on their Google Maps. Moxey – I know, another you might not wish to knight, but he's still owed what he's owed - has tweeted "Not just bonuses lot of us had nothing", "It's a joke mate been told it's getting 'reviewed' on Monday", "Not really funny anymore mate as it seems to happen every month". Obviously the replies to him are telling him he's shit, crap, shouldn't be paid in washers and should look forward to enjoying League 2. Sometimes I feel ashamed to be a Bolton fan, or indeed a human.
I know, pathetic response, the flames of which were fanned by Lee Anderson bandying salary figures around as if that justified not paying people on time. No class whatsoever.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:39 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:46 pm
Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:34 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
I know, pathetic response, the flames of which were fanned by Lee Anderson bandying salary figures around as if that justified not paying people on time. No class whatsoever.
To be fair as ridiculous as those tweets were, Moxey's contribution was unnecessary.

Balance needed. We need the Andersons. They are probably our only hope. Equally I think fawning over everything (as some are) is a bit blinkered.

I don't think Ken's done much wrong since arriving but I do think we need to see off field progress and quickly. I realise he's hamstrung until the BM issue is resolved but still.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:30 pm

feck Moxey!! bet he's have accepted a contract if we had offered him one!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:42 pm

I think Moxey is perfectly entitled to his view, and I think it is unfair for him to be criticized or have his salary details disclosed publicly by Lee Anderson. He has left the club, he has no loyalty to us anymore, and frankly, it is a joke for salaries not to be paid on time for any company. And it has been reported to have happened at least three times during the last few months that I can remember, so whilst his statement of "every month" may be hyperbole, it is frankly a joke from a an employee's / player perspective. How many of us would accept it quietly if our employers intermittently were late with our salaries?

Ken's statement was a good thing. He has inherited a mess, and appears to be trying to resolve the most important issues whilst trying to keep the club afloat, which is all one can ask. Reading between the lines I am personally not hopeful that there will be a quick and easy settlement to the Blumarble issue. Waters may be about to get choppier I feel...

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:42 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:42 pm
I think Moxey is perfectly entitled to his view, and I think it is unfair for him to be criticized or have his salary details disclosed publicly by Lee Anderson. He has left the club, he has no loyalty to us anymore, and frankly, it is a joke for salaries not to be paid on time for any company. And it has been reported to have happened at least three times during the last few months that I can remember, so whilst his statement of "every month" may be hyperbole, it is frankly a joke from a an employee's / player perspective. How many of us would accept it quietly if our employers intermittently were late with our salaries?

Ken's statement was a good thing. He has inherited a mess, and appears to be trying to resolve the most important issues whilst trying to keep the club afloat, which is all one can ask. Reading between the lines I am personally not hopeful that there will be a quick and easy settlement to the Blumarble issue. Waters may be about to get choppier I feel...
good summary of current state of affairs
12k a week seemed to be quite a conservative contract compared to some that have been handed out in the past
choppy waters - love a bit of understatement
never dull being a Wanderer
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:01 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:42 pm

I'd be quite surprised if it wasn't a Data Protection breach, just as an aside...unless there was a clause in his Contract...