Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:07 pm

Actually it's probably become so commonplace as to not be worth mentioning

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:13 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:28 pm
And the elephant in the room, Kenny?

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2017/july/a ... chairman3/
So that is another huge chunk of money Ken will need to lend the club. Whilst he tries to strike a deal with Dean Holdsworth and Blumarble.

See a lot of complaints about this, but it isn't like the club isn't paying things deliberately. They don't have the cash flow to pay these bills and are reliant on Ken. Ken only owns 57% of the club directly but is expected to pay 100% of these bill.s

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:44 pm

What I don't get is that by paying at the last possible moment surely the club incurs fines and costs. And if they can find the money just in time, why not when it's due?

Plus bwfci, has he lent the in any money long term? I read he just takes it out again asap. If so where does the cash come from to repay Ken?

Absolutely convinced that there are some very unpleasant surprises to come.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:58 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:44 pm
What I don't get is that by paying at the last possible moment surely the club incurs fines and costs. And if they can find the money just in time, why not when it's due?

Plus bwfci, has he lent the in any money long term? I read he just takes it out again asap. If so where does the cash come from to repay Ken?

Absolutely convinced that there are some very unpleasant surprises to come.
He loans the club the cash to cover the cashflow shortfall. Then takes it back as and when. Interest free he claims, and I believe so far evidence backs this up. I suspect he's not rich enough to cough up these sums at a moments notice!

His position has been that all along he's prepared to invest permanently in the club, but not whilst Blumarble have a (contested) claim against club assets. He also says that blocks him bringing in investors.

I don't honestly think many in his position would do more than he is, and most wouldn't do as much.

My view always has been that at this minute, we need Ken far, far more than he needs us.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:22 pm

No great revelation, money in the bank accrues interest, the knowlege of which gave birth to the excuses, "The cheques in the post" and "We don't seem to have had the bill; could you re-sumit" all to leave the interest ticking nicely along. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:36 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:22 pm
No great revelation, money in the bank accrues interest, the knowlege of which gave birth to the excuses, "The cheques in the post" and "We don't seem to have had the bill; could you re-sumit" all to leave the interest ticking nicely along. :wink:
Well yes for certain bills, but as I understand it with HMRC there are penalties for late payment and legal costs payable for a winding up petition, whether it's settled out of court or not.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:47 pm

This thread would be better titled 'Kenny Log-ins" :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:24 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:26 pm
Another day, another winding-up order from HMRC.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/15 ... _petition/

Oh and the club's head of finance has gone, after four months.
Settled, money paid off no doubt by Ken !
https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2017/july/club-statement2/

"Following recent reports concerning a winding up petition being served by HMRC, Bolton Wanderers can now confirm that monies owed to HMRC in relation to this have been settled.

The winding up petition will be dismissed."
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Billbob
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Billbob » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:48 pm

I totally agree with past comment Ken owns 57% and pays 100% of Bill's. I have faith in someone who is trying to be forward with the fans, compared to owners that go quiet.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:05 pm

The below is an excerpt from today's column (which can be found here).

“On Saturday, we had our toughest workout of the pre-season so far against a Fleetwood Town side whom we know performed very well last season in League One and fought all the way.

That said, it was disappointing that we didn't create many chances and couldn't maintain our unbeaten run.

However, there are a couple of more fixtures before the game against Leeds including the match against Stoke City at Macron Stadium on Saturday - our one and only pre-season friendly on home soil - where I know the players will be working hard to earn their place in the starting XI.

Tickets are still available and can be bought by CLICKING HERE.

Although the game at Highbury featured our senior players, the pre-season as a whole has given the younger players from our squad, including players who have progressed from our Academy, the opportunity to play alongside their more senior colleagues to garner some valuable experience.

There have been some notable performances which I am sure will give the manager a welcome boost and some food for thought when the Sky Bet Championship season gets underway.

Over the past two seasons, more playing time in the first team has been afforded to Academy graduates than at any other point over the previous 13 years. I see no reason why this cannot continue going forward.

It is important that a club like ours continues to develop young players and provide them with the chance to make a career out of the game.”

Communication is good but he really needs to stop with this sort of thing. Directors publicly expressing their opinions on footballing matters invariably ends badly. He entrusted Parky with the manager's job in the first place, then Parky validated that trust by winning promotion. He should therefore trust him to decide what is and what isn't our best eleven. If he absolutely must make suggestions, then he should do it privately.

Also, I'd really rather he didn't use his pulpit to detail all of the ways in which we can part with more of our hard-earned. Money is in short supply, I get that, but leave the marketing to the marketing department.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:53 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:05 pm
The below is an excerpt from today's column (which can be found here).

“On Saturday, we had our toughest workout of the pre-season so far against a Fleetwood Town side whom we know performed very well last season in League One and fought all the way.

That said, it was disappointing that we didn't create many chances and couldn't maintain our unbeaten run.

However, there are a couple of more fixtures before the game against Leeds including the match against Stoke City at Macron Stadium on Saturday - our one and only pre-season friendly on home soil - where I know the players will be working hard to earn their place in the starting XI.

Tickets are still available and can be bought by CLICKING HERE.

Although the game at Highbury featured our senior players, the pre-season as a whole has given the younger players from our squad, including players who have progressed from our Academy, the opportunity to play alongside their more senior colleagues to garner some valuable experience.

There have been some notable performances which I am sure will give the manager a welcome boost and some food for thought when the Sky Bet Championship season gets underway.

Over the past two seasons, more playing time in the first team has been afforded to Academy graduates than at any other point over the previous 13 years. I see no reason why this cannot continue going forward.

It is important that a club like ours continues to develop young players and provide them with the chance to make a career out of the game.”

Communication is good but he really needs to stop with this sort of thing. Directors publicly expressing their opinions on footballing matters invariably ends badly. He entrusted Parky with the manager's job in the first place, then Parky validated that trust by winning promotion. He should therefore trust him to decide what is and what isn't our best eleven. If he absolutely must make suggestions, then he should do it privately.

Also, I'd really rather he didn't use his pulpit to detail all of the ways in which we can part with more of our hard-earned. Money is in short supply, I get that, but leave the marketing to the marketing department.
Agreed. But from what I hear there is no issue. Parky and the Anderson's get on very well, so probably all approved.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:11 pm

I don't see anywhere Phil publicly advising Ken how to get out of the Embargo. Has Ken ever coached a football team? Leave that to Phil.

Get us out of the embargo Ken. Then Phil can integrate the best of the Academy players into the team over time as part of their development. Limited to 23 players, they have little chance being named as part of that squad. Or maybe it is that KA wants them in so that he can keep expenses down.

Who knows, but I do sense a conflict.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:23 pm

I don't mind the Academy bit; I didn't read that as Ken saying Thou Shalt Pick More Kids, just as rightful praise for the academy and its lads.

As for Fleetwood, he usually passes comments on games so maybe he felt he should say something. I'd rather he kept it upbeat - "I'm sure Phil and the coaches will be working hard" etc - but then that sounds like an ultimatum.

So in short, he shouldn't comment on team matters and he shouldn't tell us to spend money...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:40 pm

I'm finding it pretty difficult to get too excited by this set of words. He's still in the "Jury's Out" category for me, until his longer term intentions become a little clearer, but I'm not sure I'd want him hanged for this column.

He's trying to get bums on seats.
He pointed out what appears to have been true - we didn't create chances and were a bit shit on Saturday.
We've played a few young un's in pre-season and some of them have done ok, we'd like to develop them further if possible.

In terms of Phil telling Ken how to get out of an embargo, Phil works for Ken, not the other way around.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:17 pm

Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:23 pm
So in short, he shouldn't comment on team matters and he shouldn't tell us to spend money...

I'm just wary of where it all leads. If it's a benign statement along the lines of "the result at the weekend wasn't what we wanted" or "we didn't play as well as we have in recent weeks" then it's probably harmless. My worry is that once you get into the habit of publicly passing comment on things such as a lack of chances being created and the style of football, it might be awfully tempting if we go on a run of bad results to let frustrations get the better of you and say something that you regret. It's a slippery slope and I can't see any good coming out of it.

If I've read too much into what he said about the Academy then, okay, I'm happy to let that go.

He's perfectly entitled to encourage us to spend money but it's just beginning to grate with me. By all means, mention it now and again but the regularity with which he does it makes me feel as though I'm being treated more as a customer than a supporter (I realise that football's a business and that ultimately I am a customer, but still). I'm generally on his side, and appreciate the work that he's doing, but I feel that he's pushing this aspect a bit too hard. We do have a marketing department after all.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:20 pm

Ken Anderson seems to be the direct opposite of Eddie Davis in that one appears to want the limelight where the other avoided it. Being the owner does give K.A a lot of status, but it's still about Bolton Wanderers F.C and not the Anderson Media Show. Fair play to him for his involvement and what he's done, but I think he might do well to remember that not a single person at the Macron would probably give one about a wealthy financier who had nothing to do with football; the worl'd full of them. It's only his connection with the club and its welfare that makes him a person of interest. Everybody is behind him at the moment but only as a club owner and not a mogul. Let's hope the season will see him step back and let Phil and the team do the talking. It might just be that way; I sincerely hope so.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:29 pm

He did it all last season and in the end what was the issue?

Parky and the Anderson's are thick as thieves. No issue here at all.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:55 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:17 pm
Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:23 pm
I'm just wary of where it all leads. If it's a benign statement along the lines of "the result at the weekend wasn't what we wanted" or "we didn't play as well as we have in recent weeks" then it's probably harmless. My worry is that once you get into the habit of publicly passing comment on things such as a lack of chances being created and the style of football, it might be awfully tempting if we go on a run of bad results to let frustrations get the better of you and say something that you regret. It's a slippery slope and I can't see any good coming out of it.

If I've read too much into what he said about the Academy then, okay, I'm happy to let that go.

He's perfectly entitled to encourage us to spend money but it's just beginning to grate with me. By all means, mention it now and again but the regularity with which he does it makes me feel as though I'm being treated more as a customer than a supporter (I realise that football's a business and that ultimately I am a customer, but still). I'm generally on his side, and appreciate the work that he's doing, but I feel that he's pushing this aspect a bit too hard. We do have a marketing department after all.
For what it's worth, I agree with all of that.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:40 am

ICYMI, Ken sent out a missive last night:
In relation to the Bolton News article which has been published online this evening, I feel it is important that I clear up some points.

No new directive was issued to us last week and we never made an appeal to the EFL last week.

Also, I am not sure where the figure quoted of £11,500 a week for 2015/16 has originated from.

I have regular dialogue with the EFL on a number of matters but there are no plans to meet up at the present time.

I would like to reassure you all that I am continuing to work very hard to get the embargo lifted as previously stated.

As always, I will keep you fully informed on any progress via the club's channels.
Iles' rebuttal, via a series of tweets last night:
Re: Ken's column. We have not claimed the appeal was made last week.

The club also asked @TheBoltonNews to hold off on the story until Wednesday so that they could engage with the @EFL

Dialogue began with #bwfc comms dept on Monday when EFL confirmed embargo salary cap changes. Club asked me to wait until Weds. We did.

KA passed message via his comms dept at 5.30pm to say he'd be speaking with EFL tomorrow. Other #bwfc staff backed up salary cap changes.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:10 pm

Look at Marc Iles. His head must weigh fifty pounds on its own.

Imagine the size of his balls. Imagine getting into a fight with the 4ucker!
May the bridges I burn light your way