Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by nicholaldo » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:13 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:02 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:51 pm
Ken's statement is a disgrace, natch.
Disagree, KA should actually be applauded for clamping down on all of these piss taking contracts handed out by the previous regime.

Slowly but surely he's sorting them out & getting new supplier / contractor contracts on more favourable terms for the club - so in your eyes he's a disgrace for trying to get better 'value for money' contracts with contractors....he inherited a mess 'apparently' in regards to the commercial viability of some of the contracts awarded by the previous regime.

I do agree however that his statement is a little over the top....but he's on the ball & it shows that no one is going to pull the wool over his eyes & take the piss out of the club.

No, I didn't say he's a disgrace I said his statement is. He can do all of the above without indulging in petty tit-for-tat's in official club communications.

And as I posted, none of us know whether the contracts are "piss-taking" or not because we haven't seen them. Neither do we know who's in the right and who's in the wrong.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:23 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:13 pm
And as I posted, none of us know whether the contracts are "piss-taking" or not because we haven't seen them. Neither do we know who's in the right and who's in the wrong.
Surely though if the contracts were commercially favourable to the club and not 'piss taking', KA wouldn't be looking to terminate ?

Like him or not he's inherited a mess commercially and he's trying to sort them out - what about the previous regime paying almost a £1M a year in agent / consultant retainers

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:43 pm

We certainly know a bit more about what’s going on with Ken in charge! Some of his statements, particularly when you get 3 in 2 days or whatever look daft, but you can’t criticise what he has done overall - weare now operating on an even keel, in the championship and he is slowly cutting through some of gartsidees feck ups to his mates. The agent payments thing is the most interesting part of Ken’s latest rant.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:58 pm

Anderson can be both entirely right to fight Heathcotes over contractual obligations and entirely wrong to put snarky shit in an official club piece.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:05 pm

I think Heathcote started this by putting that notice up in the bar / restaurant saying cash only. Ken doesn't sit back taking that lightly.

My opinion, they are both idiots but Ken needs to be more dignified and stop getting into public slanging matches with different people. I don't mind him making a statement defending himself but he should employ a new media person to give him advice.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:29 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:05 pm
I think Heathcote started this by putting that notice up in the bar / restaurant saying cash only. Ken doesn't sit back taking that lightly.

My opinion, they are both idiots but Ken needs to be more dignified and stop getting into public slanging matches with different people. I don't mind him making a statement defending himself but he should employ a new media person to give him advice.
He'd have to pay them.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:55 pm

I'd like to see a little more mature approach to things by a club owner. Lots of things could be handled more quietly and discreetly surely? Whilst the well-being of the club is everybody's concern, we don't really need to know what colour boxers the board of directors are wearing daily. None of us would be here except for the football and Ken might give that a thought. News-hungry media have a lot to answer for in that respect and popularity seeking false-feather folk in public positions should tread a bit warily before dashing forth to comment.. "Silence is golden" and "actions speak louder than words" are still good mandates to keep in mind.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:19 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:29 pm
malcd1 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:05 pm

He'd have to pay them.

On time? Surely that is unreasonable.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:05 pm

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:33 pm

Ground is live on the BBC all afternoon. Notice one of the big macron signs is still up on the outside.

Pitch looks lovely.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:55 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:33 pm
Pitch looks lovely.
Fantastic. Had forgotten what the ground looked like full.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:44 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:33 pm
Ground is live on the BBC all afternoon. Notice one of the big macron signs is still up on the outside.
Pitch looks lovely.
Our club looks a top dollar venue. Ken must be expecting the Sheikh of Araby to pop in. Joking apart, its a beautiful stadium and the ground staff have done it proud.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Great coverage by the BBC today a great advert for the Reebok....fantastic stadium, footage at the Rugby made me very proud.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:05 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Great coverage by the BBC today a great advert for the Reebok....fantastic stadium, footage at the Rugby made me very proud.

I had similar feelings myself, particularly when they showed the drone/blimp footage. I only wish I'd have been able to get a ticket.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:29 pm

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2018/august/club-statement/

Hopefully it's now sorted, can't believe all the fuss over £5,000, thought I'd read it was £200K ?
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:47 pm

Riviman wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:29 pm

Hopefully it's now sorted, can't believe all the fuss over £5,000, thought I'd read it was £200K ?
When I read this my first instinct was that Ken was taking the mick here?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:44 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:47 pm
Riviman wrote:

Pogba has just stated he wants a 200k per week pay rise at Ship Canal Rovers or he's off. He's already on 150K pw, and meanwhile we're having club disputes about 5k. Sort of puts things in proportion don't it?
(ps, for me, he'd be driving his Ford Focus down the road before he'd finished talking. Unfortunately, it isn't for me.)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:45 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:44 am
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:47 pm
Riviman wrote:

Pogba has just stated he wants a 200k per week pay rise at Ship Canal Rovers or he's off. He's already on 150K pw, and meanwhile we're having club disputes about 5k. Sort of puts things in proportion don't it?
(ps, for me, he'd be driving his Ford Focus down the road before he'd finished talking. Unfortunately, it isn't for me.)
And the rest. Reportedly he's on nearly £300K a week.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:52 pm

Riviman wrote:

I reckon we've paid, what we believe is due, not what is actually due the comment about "hoping" that Heathcotes play ball suggests this is not by any means, the end of this embarrassing saga
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:49 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:52 pm
Riviman wrote:

I reckon we've paid, what we believe is due, not what is actually due the comment about "hoping" that Heathcotes play ball suggests this is not by any means, the end of this embarrassing saga
Just come on to type exactly that. Expect a 'this is bollocks and represents a £195K shortfall' type announcement from Heathcote sometime soon.
May the bridges I burn light your way