Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Prufrock » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:45 am

And they've previously had deadlines missed. The cnut owes them money. If Ken owed me money I'm not sure I'd be planning how I spent it until it was sitting in my account.

The only thing I'd criticise Henry for is not realising that brass-necked feck* has no shame so calling him out on Twitter is unlikely to make a difference.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:47 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:41 am
Peter Thompson wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:39 am
boltonboris wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:09 am
So we're alright with the clubs owner acting like an absolute cu*t yet again, as long as we're playing ok on the pitch?
Apparently they have now been paid as promised yesterday....but do carry on having a go at the chairman

There was absolutely no need for Henry to go public, he should have waited until after the 6th Sept payment date that was promised.
They haven't been paid.
Just going off what's being said elsewhere, as plenty are saying they have been paid ?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:52 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:47 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:41 am
Peter Thompson wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:39 am
boltonboris wrote:
So we're alright with the clubs owner acting like an absolute cu*t yet again, as long as we're playing ok on the pitch?
Apparently they have now been paid as promised yesterday....but do carry on having a go at the chairman

There was absolutely no need for Henry to go public, he should have waited until after the 6th Sept payment date that was promised.
They haven't been paid.
Just going off what's being said elsewhere, as plenty are saying they have been paid ?
Not according to Henry.
This regularly happened to others during my time at Bolton. We (the players) put pressure on the chairman internally and made him pay them. All kept in-house. Now we’re not there, he predictably does the same to us. #NoIntegrity #NoPrinciples #StillNoPayment #InNoRushHeSays

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:54 am

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:45 am
And they've previously had deadlines missed. The cnut owes them money. If Ken owed me money I'm not sure I'd be planning how I spent it until it was sitting in my account.

The only thing I'd criticise Henry for is not realising that brass-necked feck has no shame so calling him out on Twitter is unlikely to make a difference.
That's the point I'm making. This has no effect on KA. He sips another glass of champers in his Swiss penthouse and he's forgotten about a social media storm already.

Isn't deterring fans, isn't stopping players signing for us, isn't devaluing his business opportunity. He's being a shithouse because he can be.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:11 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:54 am
isn't stopping players signing for us
Except we can't know that. On the "permanent" deadline day early last month, when it was fresher in the mind, we signed zero players. On that day, Iles said that "The [unpaid wages] stuff earlier in the summer did definitely take some toll. I mentioned Gary Gardner earlier. It certainly didn't help the club's cause on that deal."

We cannot know how many other players we've approached might have had that as part of their reasoning not to join us. On a similar tack, we cannot know how many clubs have refused to do business with us because they'd be quite justified in thinking we might also stiff people on those terms too.

The squad renewal has gone well, and my hat is off to Ken and Parky for that. But to say that this shit has no effect whatsoever is, to me, naive. People in football talk. This can only be affecting our name badly.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:32 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:11 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:54 am
isn't stopping players signing for us
Except we can't know that. On the "permanent" deadline day early last month, when it was fresher in the mind, we signed zero players. On that day, Iles said that "The [unpaid wages] stuff earlier in the summer did definitely take some toll. I mentioned Gary Gardner earlier. It certainly didn't help the club's cause on that deal."

We cannot know how many other players we've approached might have had that as part of their reasoning not to join us. On a similar tack, we cannot know how many clubs have refused to do business with us because they'd be quite justified in thinking we might also stiff people on those terms too.

The squad renewal has gone well, and my hat is off to Ken and Parky for that. But to say that this shit has no effect whatsoever is, to me, naive. People in football talk. This can only be affecting our name badly.

Oh I’m sure it’s stopped some. Probably the more expensive ones who are able to turn it down and go elsewhere. So saves Ken even more money.

It’s how he thinks I imagine.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:42 pm

Lets not dress this up, it is a disgrace. We as a club are treating people unfairly, and with disrespect, people who have served our club well and deserve better. It happens consistently, both when we are clearly in real trouble financially in terms of getting through the next day/week/month, and when we have just promised pay £1m for a striker.

There is no reason why, if Ken can't get the money to people when he has said he will, he can't communicate that in advance, before people check their accounts and find promised monies not there.

Ken does great when it comes to squad strengthening on a budget, and is a total Trumpian wanker when it comes to paying his bills. What that makes him overall I am not sure. It all makes me wonder what is happening with the Blumarble loan. If we are acting like this with Henry's likely sub £50k bonus, how are we handling the £4m debt? And if I was Forest Green, I would already be lawyering up!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:38 am
boltonboris wrote:
Who is saying we're alright with it?
I misread your last line about him getting away with it.. Apologies, but in the dark realms of social media, there are plenty of examples of "he can do what he wants while we're getting results on the pitch" type responses
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:45 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:04 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:38 am
boltonboris wrote:
Who is saying we're alright with it?
I misread your last line about him getting away with it.. Apologies, but in the dark realms of social media, there are plenty of examples of "he can do what he wants while we're getting results on the pitch" type responses
Those people are idiots. It’s one thing being in dispute with caterers. And playing hardball on commercial contracts. Another not paying footballers what you previously agreed to in a contract just because they have left the club. Did Parky want Henry to go or was it just because Ken thought he wouldn’t have to pay his bonus?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:37 am

Won't be long before people want money upfront from KA before they will do anything, seen it happen with companies and it never ends well.

palindromeofbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palindromeofbolton » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:49 am

Per an Isles story this morning, former players still haven't been paid and PFA have been called in.

Again.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:16 am

palindromeofbolton wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:49 am
Per an Isles story this morning, former players still haven't been paid and PFA have been called in. Again.
"Speaking via his Twitter account, Henry defended his decision to go public.
“This regularly happened to others during my time at Bolton. We (the players) put pressure on the chairman internally and made him pay them. All kept in-house. Now we’re not there, he predictably does the same to us.”

Which was exactly the point of my original post: Can K.A not understand the word "reputation"? It isn't just about him, but the club and the town....or does none of that matter in his money dominated world? Who ( as a paid professional) is going to want to even know Bolton if all it is is a land of lies and false promises? His bulletins (good word) are going to be as jocose as Billy's Weeky Liar". Get it sorted Ken for Bolton's sake.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:40 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:16 am
palindromeofbolton wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:49 am
Per an Isles story this morning, former players still haven't been paid and PFA have been called in. Again.
"Speaking via his Twitter account, Henry defended his decision to go public.
“This regularly happened to others during my time at Bolton. We (the players) put pressure on the chairman internally and made him pay them. All kept in-house. Now we’re not there, he predictably does the same to us.”

Which was exactly the point of my original post: Can K.A not understand the word "reputation"? It isn't just about him, but the club and the town....or does none of that matter in his money dominated world? Who ( as a paid professional) is going to want to even know Bolton if all it is is a land of lies and false promises? His bulletins (good word) are going to be as jocose as Billy's Weeky Liar". Get it sorted Ken for Bolton's sake.
Like I say, from Ken's point of view, his "aim" is to sell the club for as much as he can get. Whilst spending as little of his own money in the process.

Its probably overly cynical to suggest he doesn't care at all. Clearly he wants us to do well and you can tell how much it meant to him at the end of each season. But don't forget what he's here to do.

He's built a better squad, inspite of all these issues going on since he's been here. Our reputation may well be damaged seriously. But it isn't as yet affecting Ken or his ambitions. And that is the cold, harsh reality of where we are.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:00 pm

Another chairman's column. Still no mention of The Karl Thing. But then, why would there be? It's not like having the PFA called in is anything new.

For shame.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2018/septem ... chairman3/

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:54 pm

Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:00 pm
Another chairman's column. Still no mention of The Karl Thing. But then, why would there be? It's not like having the PFA called in is anything new.

For shame.

What could he say? "Still haven't paid them".

His intent is to delay payment as long as possible. End of. If he can not to pay it at all. Wait for the club to be in surplus.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:33 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:54 pm
Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:00 pm

For shame.

What could he say? "Still haven't paid them".

His intent is to delay payment as long as possible. End of. If he can not to pay it at all. Wait for the club to be in surplus.
When he was young and idealistic, he'd use his bully-pulpit to hector the opposition.

Now he can't even be arsed to do that.

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:57 pm

Holy sh1t check the ben
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:00 pm

court papers served - up before the beak at 10am tomorrow morning

Ken offering to pay them what they loaned - but no mention of repaying the interest
what a knob jockey
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

palindromeofbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palindromeofbolton » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:03 pm

Shit. :(
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... hin-hours/
Negotiations did not run as smoothly as anticipated however, and the chairman told The Bolton News this evening: “I offered to repay the actual monies they loaned to Sports Shield BWFC but my offer was declined, unfortunately. A full statement will be made when appropriate.”
This sounds a bit to me like Ken has offered to repay the loan minus interest?!? They have presumably discussed (and agreed) terms numerous times, now - including last year when the loan was extended, so I'm frankly not sure what he's at.
And where does £500k for Doidge fit into it all?
Oh Lordy.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:09 pm

What about the bit about Blumarble having an American Billionaire lined up to buy the club....