Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:44 pm

Northampton?

Re crowds: https://www.worldfootball.net/attendanc ... 18-2019/1/

Currently averaging 14091. We averaged 15887 last season. However, we haven't played any of the teams with big away followings yet. Imho our standard home crowd is a couple of hundred down on last season, still around the 13k mark.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:06 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:49 am
I'm not saying it's not true, but has anybody produced numbers to show the decline in attendance?
Home game v Sheff Utd 3 weeks ago....attendance 14,848 with a min 2,000 Sheff Utd fans (top tier was full of Sheff U) - meaning around 12,800 Bolton fans max, I can't recall the home fans attendance in the championship being that poor for a while.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:15 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:06 pm
I'm not saying it's not true, but has anybody produced numbers to show the decline in attendance?
Home game v Sheff Utd 3 weeks ago....attendance 14,848 with a min 2,000 Sheff Utd fans (top tier was full of Sheff U) - meaning around 12,800 Bolton fans max, I can't recall the home fans attendance in the championship being that poor for a while.
With due respect, that's a small sample with a half-guessed statistic (SUFC fans) and no actual comparison to previous years.

I might request better evidence before being persuaded.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:25 pm

Sheffield United at home last year, in September. Att: 14,346.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:26 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:25 pm
Damn you and your facts!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:28 pm

bedwetter2 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:18 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:36 am
bedwetter2 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:00 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:14 am
bedwetter2 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:37 pm
Despite everything that has been said no one, having observed our play, can really say that we have been aggressive in taking on opponents particularly at home. It can't just be the manager and I doubt that it is down to all of the players. I would imagine that one or two of the more recent recruits would like to be given their heads but if they are not selected then the point is academic..
My conclusion regarding underwhelming performances is fear of failure and therefore reversion to the familiar. Which is fine if your defenders are all on song and you can nick the odd goal but we know that we shipped too many goals last season and I predict we shall do it again this season.
Maybe Sam's use of a sports psychologist should be attempted but to also include PP and the coaches in revealing their innermost motivations.

I shall leave you with what many will view as a totally inappropriate contrast. The other (lesser) wanderers down the road played Burnley last night and made 30ish strikes at Burnleys goal. How many did Bolton get on or close to target on Saturday? Yes, they have have had a large cash injection but have only just been promoted and seem to be playing without fear.

Is money everything or is attitude more important?
Please tell the class what Wolves were doing before their massive cash injection?

Don't be ridiculous. The results of our softly, softly approach for those who are not blind are obvious to see. We never win well and rely on the odd sneaked goal when we get a win. All knife-edge stuff. Which of course may be what floats your boat.

I am well aware that the gulf between Bolton and Wolves is immense in terms of resources. However, in my opinion, there is also a gulf in attitude between the two managers. From the day that Santo appeared in the pre-season (without the cash initially) they were winning. Could you also say that about Prudent Parkinson?

I'm not being critical of Parkinson (after all, that is an excommunication matter). I just wish he would have the balls to mix it up in home games, perhaps as an experiment against one team we are likely to lose to anyway. Say Middlesbrough.

I’m asking a question. You are saying it isn’t just about resources. So I’m asking. Before their massive cash injection, how were Wolves doing? Perhaps their attitude miraculously improved with the signings of 15M foreign superstars? Funny that.

Nobody is saying we have the balance right yet. Parky himself says that we didn’t make the runs in behind on Saturday that had been worked on in training. It happens. But overall we are far better with Parky than we were before he arrived. And that is not in dispute by anyone.

You will get some bad results with a cheaply assembled group of players in this league. But equally we are better than last season and I’m not sure what anyone could realistically ask beyond that?
No. The attitude at Wolves changed immediately the manager arrived and before any new players were purchased. Sure, they had the plans in place to start improving the squad but you are wrong about the timeline.

Anyway, I was reviewing Bolton and the lack of ambition in tactics. I believe the critical point will arrive when the steady decrease in footfall will become of real concern to Anderson. Average gates continue to decline and hotheads on here are saying 3 season ticket holders who do not wish to watch dross should just F.O. Sorry chaps but there will be no supporters left at all at this rate.

I have a lot of empathy for people like P.T. who wear their hearts on their sleeve and say it how they see it.
Funny how often people who "say it how they see it" means people who "say it how I see it".

It's an internet forum, I've no idea why anyone would say it anything other than how they saw it.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:32 pm

Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:15 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:
With due respect, that's a small sample with a half-guessed statistic (SUFC fans) and no actual comparison to previous years.

I might request better evidence before being persuaded.
Ok I could be wrong, but it just appears that there are more empty seats this season

If I'm wrong though I'll hold my hand up....

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:44 pm

Enoch wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:26 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:25 pm
Damn you and your facts!
14,346 was the overall attendance and the top tier (Sheff Utd) wasn't as full last season as it was the other week - I'm on about the number of home supporters attending not the overall attendances

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:09 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Yet following this defeat we took 4000 away fans up the road to sell out the away end.

Maybe the fact it was the last week in August and people are returning from Holidays, buying school uniforms etc...

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... struggles/

"the average figure is 13,697" over 44 seasons. The figure you quote is above average.

I'll take that.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:40 pm

So you say, Peter.

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:59 am

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:28 pm
bedwetter2 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:18 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:36 am
bedwetter2 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:00 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:14 am
bedwetter2 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:37 pm
Despite everything that has been said no one, having observed our play, can really say that we have been aggressive in taking on opponents particularly at home. It can't just be the manager and I doubt that it is down to all of the players. I would imagine that one or two of the more recent recruits would like to be given their heads but if they are not selected then the point is academic..
My conclusion regarding underwhelming performances is fear of failure and therefore reversion to the familiar. Which is fine if your defenders are all on song and you can nick the odd goal but we know that we shipped too many goals last season and I predict we shall do it again this season.
Maybe Sam's use of a sports psychologist should be attempted but to also include PP and the coaches in revealing their innermost motivations.

I shall leave you with what many will view as a totally inappropriate contrast. The other (lesser) wanderers down the road played Burnley last night and made 30ish strikes at Burnleys goal. How many did Bolton get on or close to target on Saturday? Yes, they have have had a large cash injection but have only just been promoted and seem to be playing without fear.

Is money everything or is attitude more important?
Please tell the class what Wolves were doing before their massive cash injection?

Don't be ridiculous. The results of our softly, softly approach for those who are not blind are obvious to see. We never win well and rely on the odd sneaked goal when we get a win. All knife-edge stuff. Which of course may be what floats your boat.

I am well aware that the gulf between Bolton and Wolves is immense in terms of resources. However, in my opinion, there is also a gulf in attitude between the two managers. From the day that Santo appeared in the pre-season (without the cash initially) they were winning. Could you also say that about Prudent Parkinson?

I'm not being critical of Parkinson (after all, that is an excommunication matter). I just wish he would have the balls to mix it up in home games, perhaps as an experiment against one team we are likely to lose to anyway. Say Middlesbrough.

I’m asking a question. You are saying it isn’t just about resources. So I’m asking. Before their massive cash injection, how were Wolves doing? Perhaps their attitude miraculously improved with the signings of 15M foreign superstars? Funny that.

Nobody is saying we have the balance right yet. Parky himself says that we didn’t make the runs in behind on Saturday that had been worked on in training. It happens. But overall we are far better with Parky than we were before he arrived. And that is not in dispute by anyone.

You will get some bad results with a cheaply assembled group of players in this league. But equally we are better than last season and I’m not sure what anyone could realistically ask beyond that?
No. The attitude at Wolves changed immediately the manager arrived and before any new players were purchased. Sure, they had the plans in place to start improving the squad but you are wrong about the timeline.

Anyway, I was reviewing Bolton and the lack of ambition in tactics. I believe the critical point will arrive when the steady decrease in footfall will become of real concern to Anderson. Average gates continue to decline and hotheads on here are saying 3 season ticket holders who do not wish to watch dross should just F.O. Sorry chaps but there will be no supporters left at all at this rate.

I have a lot of empathy for people like P.T. who wear their hearts on their sleeve and say it how they see it.
Funny how often people who "say it how they see it" means people who "say it how I see it".

It's an internet forum, I've no idea why anyone would say it anything other than how they saw it.

Mmmm. Quite a moot point coming from you. I'm not saying you are always out of step with majority opinion but I believe you have a particular viewpoint which you try to fit in as fact when it is anything but.

Just to point out I very seldom comment on a game - look it up - because unlike some, I don't have an axe to grind. Even when I do comment on the manager or individual performances it does tend to be constructive. I only want the best from the team for the supporters as I'm sure most of us do.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:28 am

BN comments are most often crass but who can argue with this:
"So no mention of any gratitude from Anderson to Davies for paying off the bulk of the debt.

Even though it was his last act & the official statement thanking Warburton & James came out just after ED had died.

He's a classy operator that Ken Anderson, isn't he?"
(C.O. LeeAndersonsMankyShirtCollection)
+1

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:46 am

It’s odd isn’t it? Anderson has spoken before about being grateful for Davies in the past, so why not now? There’s nothing to lose for Anderson in publicly acknowledging ED here, so why openly thank the other two and not Davies?

Perhaps they didn’t want it to come out, for whatever reason, which could be more to do with Eddie Davies than Anderson I suppose.

Either way, it has come out now, and once again just muddies the water and creates more confusion as to what is actually going on!

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:54 am

Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:28 am
"So no mention of any gratitude from Anderson to Davies for paying off the bulk of the debt.

Even though it was his last act & the official statement thanking Warburton & James came out just after ED had died.

+1
Has anyone considered the possibility that ED didn't want this publicising, hence no announcement or acknowledgement, so KA was only respeciting this?

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:07 am

Sure, that's fair.
Perhaps it's the deed itself that grates more.
Shall we presume that KA'd already factored in that that would be the likely outcome of his frankly astounding "oh well f#ck it, admin it is boys" statement just prior

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:09 am

dave the minion wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:54 am
Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:28 am

+1
Has anyone considered the possibility that ED didn't want this publicising, hence no announcement or acknowledgement, so KA was only respeciting this?
Given the retiring nature of Eddie Davies, this may well be a possibility. If that is the case though, are B.N being a bit thoughtless in not finding out before publishing?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:22 am

ED almost certainly wouldn’t have wanted this publicised. He’s secured it against the club in essence. Which is interesting given that would mean he or his estate could once again own the club should it not be repaid. I suspect this leaves some rather large implications now he has sadly passed away.

His family may or may not be as sympathetic to the club or KA as ED was. Ken’s grip is weakened considerably here. He has to raise cash and quickly if he wants to walk away with the profits from the club’s sale.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:43 am

Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:07 am
Sure, that's fair.
Shall we presume that KA'd already factored in that that would be the likely outcome of his frankly astounding "oh well f#ck it, admin it is boys" statement just prior
The papers filed at Companies House were dated 7th September - this implies that the funding from ED was already agreed and in place way before KA's statement about admin last Monday.

I suspect - and could be very wrong - that ED had already agreed to provide the funds to enable KA to make the offer to BluMarble. KA then put his offer - including ED's funding - to BluMarble who refused, which is why he made the statement about administration. KA then secured further funding from the guy at Prescott Business Parks at the 11th hour in order to make up the shortfall to what BluMarble were after.

All this has come from various reports so it could be completely wrong, but it does sound kind of plausible I guess....

What remains unanswered though is how the debt is now structured. Yes, we've got rid of BluMarble, but what we don't know is whether this was paid off via club funds, KA funds, or simply borrowed from Prescott Business Parks and ED and Brett Warburton, and therefore technically we still have the debt outstanding, just to different parties?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:48 am

dave the minion wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:43 am
Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:07 am
Sure, that's fair.
The papers filed at Companies House were dated 7th September - this implies that the funding from ED was already agreed and in place way before KA's statement about admin last Monday.

I suspect - and could be very wrong - that ED had already agreed to provide the funds to enable KA to make the offer to BluMarble. KA then put his offer - including ED's funding - to BluMarble who refused, which is why he made the statement about administration. KA then secured further funding from the guy at Prescott Business Parks at the 11th hour in order to make up the shortfall to what BluMarble were after.

All this has come from various reports so it could be completely wrong, but it does sound kind of plausible I guess....

What remains unanswered though is how the debt is now structured. Yes, we've got rid of BluMarble, but what we don't know is whether this was paid off via club funds, KA funds, or simply borrowed from Prescott Business Parks and ED and Brett Warburton, and therefore technically we still have the debt outstanding, just to different parties?
I’d say this is bang on the money.