Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:42 pm

Presumably we owe the money to Eddies estate. Let’s hope his family are as big Wanderers fans as Eddie was.

Another interesting chapter in Ken’s ownership. I wonder what the Davies family think of Ken?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:20 pm

On the surface it would seem the idea was to get Blu Marble off our backs regardless. They're just a blatant loan company concerned only about compound interest and with no actual interest in the club. If K.A (who owns the club for singing "Is this the way to Amarillo?" outside the stadium and using the £1 he made to go away to buy it) were actually putting his own money in I'd be far more inclined to feel good about it since he seems to be paying himself a tidy salary. All speculative of course, but does raise questions....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:24 pm

Yeah, DtM's take makes much sense.
My memory is that ED's family are not that enamoured of BWFC previously, and after this turn of events, can't imagine that situation changing (though perhaps wouldn't be surprised for them to write it off and walk away (particularly if there are any useful tax implications [& that's not meant in any way harshly - it's just a possibly practical reality]). Whatever the outcome, it's all so bloody grubby...

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:43 pm

It gets stranger and stranger.

So Ken knew he had the money (or at least the bulk of it) before he put out a statement saying we were entering administration. So why all the drama?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:46 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:43 pm

So Ken knew he had the money (or at least the bulk of it) before he put out a statement saying we were entering administration. So why all the drama?
He had to borrow more off PbP.

So I assume that was the issue. He had some of the money.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:20 pm
On the surface it would seem the idea was to get Blu Marble off our backs regardless. They're just a blatant loan company concerned only about compound interest and with no actual interest in the club. If K.A (who owns the club for singing "Is this the way to Amarillo?" outside the stadium and using the £1 he made to go away to buy it) were actually putting his own money in I'd be far more inclined to feel good about it since he seems to be paying himself a tidy salary. All speculative of course, but does raise questions....
Hate to say this, but they [Blu Marble] were the only one's with wonga available to wave around at the time. They were not, and therefore are not, the Devil Incarnate.
It seems to me that Blu Marble have put up with a lot of shit that Ken Anderson and the other wankers involved in the post ED era could have eliminated.
They are a loan company, and therefore invest on the principle they receive interest. I don't understand what people expect of a loan company... Mother Theresa, Eddie Davies style community investment, or what!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:03 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:00 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:20 pm
Hate to say this, but they [Blu Marble] were the only one's with wonga available to wave around at the time. They were not, and therefore are not, the Devil Incarnate.
It seems to me that Blu Marble have put up with a lot of shit that Ken Anderson and the other wankers involved in the post ED era could have eliminated.
They are a loan company, and therefore invest on the principle they receive interest. I don't understand what people expect of a loan company... Mother Theresa, Eddie Davies style community investment, or what!
BM clearly messed up with the legal documents surrounding the loan. They are suing their own legal team if you believe Ken but there have been several suggestions that the legality of the loan was in question.

I suspect that is where the bargaining chip came from however small. A massive game of chicken but Ken buckled first.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:46 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

So he agreed with Eddie to borrow an amount on the 7th September, that wasn't going to be enough to prevent administration on the 10th September? Eddie went to all the trouble to loan him millions of pounds, just to be a few hundred k short anyway? A few days later?

Does that make sense?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:17 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:56 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:46 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

So he agreed with Eddie to borrow an amount on the 7th September, that wasn't going to be enough to prevent administration on the 10th September? Eddie went to all the trouble to loan him millions of pounds, just to be a few hundred k short anyway? A few days later?

Does that make sense?

A million short. And who knows what was going on? No way ED would loan it him if KA was playing silly games with it.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:41 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

All the drama was probably because KA thought administration was a very likely outcome.

I suspect he thought he had enough money lined up - presumably from ED and elsewhere - to strike a deal with BluMarble to get shot of them. Appears that any negotiations - which he thought he would win - fell away on Monday evening and he didn't have enough money lined up for what BM were demanding. Maybe then he thought he would struggle to raise the additional cash and hence the administration statement. After seeing the administration statement other parties - Parky amongst them if stories are to be believed - realised the shit-storm that was about to unfold and mobilised to try to find a solution - and PBP stepped into to provide the shortfall.

All speculation of course, but not necessarily far-fetched

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:43 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:42 pm
Presumably we owe the money to Eddies estate. Let’s hope his family are as big Wanderers fans as Eddie was.

Another interesting chapter in Ken’s ownership. I wonder what the Davies family think of Ken?
Why would they think anything of him? Seems to me that the money was provided by ED in good faith to help out. From other articles I get the impression that ED and KA had a very good working relationship - no reason for anything to be thought about anyone?

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:03 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:41 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

All the drama was probably because KA thought administration was a very likely outcome.

I suspect he thought he had enough money lined up - presumably from ED and elsewhere - to strike a deal with BluMarble to get shot of them. Appears that any negotiations - which he thought he would win - fell away on Monday evening and he didn't have enough money lined up for what BM were demanding. Maybe then he thought he would struggle to raise the additional cash and hence the administration statement. After seeing the administration statement other parties - Parky amongst them if stories are to be believed - realised the shit-storm that was about to unfold and mobilised to try to find a solution - and PBP stepped into to provide the shortfall.

But we have known about the BM for over a year, and presumably were in discussions with them as the September deadline neared and passed. It is stated in the last accounts as a £4.3m debt becoming due September 2018. So if KA is getting a loan from ED on the 7th September, how can that amount not be enough to settle the debt? Why, despite KA having received the loan from ED, did it take (apparently) PP and MJ to run around Tuesday morning trying to make up a shortfall substantial enough for BM to put us into admin? Why did KA put out a statement that made (dominated even) the national press, effectively declaring we were going into admin, with 12 point penalties and long term transfer embargoes?

I am not expecting to you have the answers btw :)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:01 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:03 pm
dave the minion wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:41 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

But we have known about the BM for over a year, and presumably were in discussions with them as the September deadline neared and passed. It is stated in the last accounts as a £4.3m debt becoming due September 2018. So if KA is getting a loan from ED on the 7th September, how can that amount not be enough to settle the debt? Why, despite KA having received the loan from ED, did it take (apparently) PP and MJ to run around Tuesday morning trying to make up a shortfall substantial enough for BM to put us into admin? Why did KA put out a statement that made (dominated even) the national press, effectively declaring we were going into admin, with 12 point penalties and long term transfer embargoes?

I am not expecting to you have the answers btw :)
I suspect Ken thought he could negotiate it down. Then found out he couldn’t.

It’s clear he’s not ever going to invest his own money into us. Needs a buyer before the end of the season or I dread to think....

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:08 pm

We need a buyer before Xmas never mind the end of the season....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:10 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:08 pm
We need a buyer before Xmas never mind the end of the season....
I mean probably we can survive till the end of the season on cash flow and temporary injections from Ken assuming he’s still willing/able to do that. But survive (as a club not necessarily anymore) is all we will do. And by that I mean probably selling a couple in January too.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:12 am

Or we could sell Olkowski in January?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:09 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:12 am
Or we could sell Olkowski in January?
Not to put a downer on things Dibbs, but I doubt we'll ever get back anywhere if, every time we get a decent player, we only see them as financial assets. If admin dodgers are all Bolton now are, maybe it's time to pack it in. Right now we're struggling every which way and a massive input of money seems our only chance of ever being the Bolton Wanderers of times past. Even so, getting on a winning run and restoring some pride, confidence and attitude amongst both players and fans is essential....starting tomorrow....

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:21 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:09 pm
a massive input of money seems our only chance of ever being the Bolton Wanderers of times past.
Oh I don't know, TANGO, this looks to me a lot like the Bolton Wanderers of the past.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:24 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:21 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:09 pm
a massive input of money seems our only chance of ever being the Bolton Wanderers of times past.
Oh I don't know, TANGO, this looks to me a lot like the Bolton Wanderers of the past.
Don't look much like J.J's era or Sam's UEFA warriors.....Enoch.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:34 pm

Indeed it doesn't, looks a lot like the '80s though.