Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by jmjhb » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:34 pm

Nixon knows feck all now his shite Scottish mates aren't in place at the club

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:32 am

I think Nixon's take is probably quite close. What serious owner who is in negotiations to sell a multi-million enterprise explicitly states the (so-called) selling price to a local news reporter? Once serious negotiations start aren't there NDA's put in place? Ken is probably trying to play one off against the other so they actually offer the £30m, or closer to the £30m, he mentions in the article. Remember Ken produced a glossy brochure two years ago stating an asking price of £25m.

The term "£30m for my shares" is also interesting as are the quotes linking the debt of PBP and Brett Warburton to existing assets. Is Ken angling to get £30m without covering the £8m or so that these other creditors are owed? The estate of ED presumably has a debenture against the club for £5m also. So is he trying to get the buyers to pay £43m in total?

The one ray of hope I have, is that Ken can't continue to run things like he is without the whole thing tumbling down upon him. He will need to sell players in January to cover this seasons losses, and if he can't manage that he will carry the can in terms of publicity if the club comes near to going to administration again, plus if that happens he won't get near his selling price. He needs to get rid, he surely doesn't want to carry on being sat in this position of having no money to carry the losses of an enterprise that loses £6m per year before player sales? There is no upside whatsoever in this for him anymore. That is the only reason I can see a sale eventually happening, even if Ken doesn't get the figure he would like.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:07 am

Ken’s full of it. I don’t believe a word. BW sums it up pretty well above.

Nobody is paying 30M for us. Not a fecking chance. And Ken banding that price around tells me it’s utter nonsense.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:32 pm

I'm all for openness and keeping fans informed of club business etc, but at bit staggered that a professional businessman would disclose/discuss facts and figures involving millions the way K.A seems to be doing (I say "seems" because smoke and mirrors are not unknown here). Would you disclose the price of your house for sale to all and sundry just because you were "keeping them in the picture"? He can't feel pressurised because he's too found of just beating the auctioneers hammer on the downstroke. Maybe he hasn't even realised that the last line of poker is always to show up? I get a feeling it's all going on a bit too long to be feasible, but how can any of us know anything for sure?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:06 am

£30 million!!! The bloke is deluded if he thinks anyone would pay that for his shares and more than likely inherit hidden debt. :lol:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:14 am

Hoboh wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:06 am
£30 million!!! The bloke is deluded if he thinks anyone would pay that for his shares and more than likely inherit hidden debt. :lol:
The 30M presumably buys out all the existing debt, alongside a nice payoff for Ken.

But still the idea that someone is going to spend £30M on a loss making business with its only major asset reduced in value by an ACV is really laughable as you say.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:05 pm

Uncle Ken's bashed out another opus.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2018/octobe ... chairman9/

"As the manager said after the game we didn’t do the simple things sufficiently well inside the opening quarter of an hour and we allowed them to get an early lead which put us on the back foot. Unfortunately, this has happened too often recently and the team must start better from the outset particularly in home matches. This is where you the supporters can play a big part in getting behind the team from the outset and create an intimidating environment for the opposition. "

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:08 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:05 pm

"As the manager said after the game we didn’t do the simple things sufficiently well inside the opening quarter of an hour and we allowed them to get an early lead which put us on the back foot. Unfortunately, this has happened too often recently and the team must start better from the outset particularly in home matches. This is where you the supporters can play a big part in getting behind the team from the outset and create an intimidating environment for the opposition. "
Jeez. I am not sure that is going to go down well with those who had to sit through that last night. Hard to get the fans involved when they are just watching the opposition stroke it around, and play themselves into the game, whilst we just passively chase after them.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:41 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:08 pm

Jeez. I am not sure that is going to go down well with those who had to sit through that last night. Hard to get the fans involved when they are just watching the opposition stroke it around, and play themselves into the game, whilst we just passively chase after them.
And I'm not sure his darkly muttered "I can assure you that I will be doing everything possible and take whatever actions I think are necessary to ensure that our results improve" will help much, either. Parky-backers will see it as a threat, Parky-outers as easy words.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:43 pm

Ken's hoping supporters will suspend their critical reasoning when it comes to buying tickets and act like fans, rather than consumers. As a product, what he's offering at the moment is nothing short of sh*te. He's offering nothing in terms of reassuring us that The Tinkerman will ever pick a settled side, that things will improve or that he's even on top of the issues affecting the club both on and off the field.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:49 pm

Sounds like KA saying Parkinson will be gone on Saturday if we don't beat Hull....thank fcuk for that.

Parkinson's post match comments last night are staggering, its the same bullshit comments almost every week....if he actually believes what he says about how we play then I fear that he's even more deluded than first thought....and its no wonder we are fcuking absolutely shite, as it has been for a while its turgid, dour, non football....we play like a very poor Sunday League pub team

Yes most other teams have spent more, but surely he can get our players passing 5 yards, taking throw ins, closing down, shooting - we cant even do the basics that most pub teams can even do....also did Rotherham spend more than us ?....I doubt it but they still outplayed us like every team does....he says we got caught on the counter for Forests goals in the 2nd half, absolute bullshit - you have to actually attack to get caught on the counter, and we don't attack (one shot on target most games), we are the only team in the league that gets continually caught on the counter despite having 8 men behind the ball....he sets the team up defensively, but we simply cant defend, he even has our centre forward taking long throw in's into the box

The guy is clueless....we look & play like a pub team, we are totally disorganised, dispirited, players look unfit & not coached....the play is so slow & ponderous, the players play like they have never played or trained together before. The more telling thing for me is that even the die hard, previous Parkinson supporters have now had enough, lots of them want him out.

I really hope we win Saturday as we desperately need the 3 points....but if not at least Parkinson will be gone.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:12 pm

That is absolutely unhelpful. We know we need to be better than last night. Veiled threats and moaning at the players has never had a good reaction before.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:40 pm

To be fair to parky he usually says it how it is/was after the match. It was his comments last night that actually made me think he’s worried - oooo look at how much they have spent etc, deflecting away from one of the worst performances in recent memory.

I’m not sure what to read into Ken’s latest notes. I’m not sure I am bothered! Fact is you can’t expect fans to sit there and back the team when they average circa 25% at home in a game, and when they do get the ball it usually ends up being given away straight away before anyone has time to get excited.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:10 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:40 pm
To be fair to parky he usually says it how it is/was after the match. It was his comments last night that actually made me think he’s worried - oooo look at how much they have spent etc, deflecting away from one of the worst performances in recent memory.

I’m not sure what to read into Ken’s latest notes. I’m not sure I am bothered! Fact is you can’t expect fans to sit there and back the team when they average circa 25% at home in a game, and when they do get the ball it usually ends up being given away straight away before anyone has time to get excited.
That’s where we are. In a league where we are the small fry with the lesser players. Last night was shocking. But we dominated the game against Blackburn for example......with no end product.

We need to forget this nonsense about entertaining and be belligerent and hard to beat. We will stay up that way, and that way only.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:14 pm

"Entertainment" is relative. Blood and thunder is just as entertaining as tiki-taka for some.

Personally, I'm not asking for us to pass the opposition to death. What I - and I'm sure many others - want is more aggression, more urgency, more energy, a willingness to get forward, and an ability to get into shooting positions. I want us to be in the opposition's faces, I want drive, and I want to see some attacking intent. It's what fans go to home matches for, surely.

At the moment, if I can use one word to describe most of our home performances this season it's probably 'weak.'

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:56 pm

Jugs wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:14 pm
"Entertainment" is relative. Blood and thunder is just as entertaining as tiki-taka for some.

Personally, I'm not asking for us to pass the opposition to death. What I - and I'm sure many others - want is more aggression, more urgency, more energy, a willingness to get forward, and an ability to get into shooting positions. I want us to be in the opposition's faces, I want drive, and I want to see some attacking intent. It's what fans go to home matches for, surely.

At the moment, if I can use one word to describe most of our home performances this season it's probably 'weak.'
EXACTLY THIS :pray:

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:17 pm

Jugs wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:14 pm

Agree with the above comments. A defensive mindset as displayed by Parkinson far too often is fine if the defence is actually doing it's job. He has to go and some of his fans on here need to get real about his tactical failings.

But lets face it; this club has been alarmingly inept at appointing decent managers since the days of Allardyce. There are decent managers around, not necessarily in the limited UK genepool but slightly further afield. I can, however, confidentally predict that the club would not have the balls to appoint a foreign manager.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:02 pm

Chairman now back tracking on his comments last week....what an utter bull shitter this guy is.

He's bottled it....probably because he'd have to shell out a few quid to get shut.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:27 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:02 pm
Chairman now back tracking on his comments last week....what an utter bull shitter this guy is.

He's bottled it....probably because he'd have to shell out a few quid to get shut.
Hmm. I kinda had a hunch this would happen, think I posted as much yesterday. I guess he was hoping for a win - not just for this reason, but for the good of the club - but if we win he can puff himself up as a master motivator.

Will be intrigued to see what effect this apparent backtracking has among the vocal Parky Outers who also think Ken's the don.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2018/octobe ... hairman10/
My comments earlier last week appear to have been misconstrued and that might have put some extra pressure on the coaching staff and the players in the media. That was not my intention and is frankly not very helpful in this type of situation.

Like you all, I care deeply about this football club and want nothing but the best for it and everyone involved. The staff and players share this desire and are desperate to get back to the form of earlier in our campaign and are determined to do all they can to achieve the success we all want.

I will continue to give my full backing to Phil and his staff. We have been through difficult times before and whilst I will never abdicate my responsibility to this great club, I continue to put all my efforts in supporting the manager at this challenging time. It’s a long season and with less than a third played so far there is plenty of time to return to our early form, especially once our injured players return and are available for selection.

We ask that you stand by us all and together we will all work hard to turn the results around.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:38 pm

I'm obviously a Parky outer and I've backed KA from day one.

But I now don't & won't trust a thing he ever says....like I said he's just a bull shitter