Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:47 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:18 am
officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:46 pm
Charlies, deffo toned that down!

Anyway Ken’s back. Parkys job for life. Get behind the boys.
May as well turn the lights off & close the stadium then, because not many will put up with this shit for much longer. Rotherham who are on a similar level to us (that was hard to type & shows just how far we have fallen) beat Swansea yesterday - does anyone think Rotherham have a better squad / better players than us ?

Therefore if we don't beat Swansea next week Parkinson has to go

If Anderson doesn't have the bottle to get rid of Parkinson, the fans will do it by voting with their feet as they are currently doing - not many supporters like Parkinson, there may be a few on here but generally around the town the majority want him out....and if it carries on much longer they will eventually turn on him as they did with Megson.
Did you see the analysis that in terms of value our squad is down amongst the Blackpool and Bury’s of this world? Lowest in the championship. You are kidding yourself with ‘our squad is better than X’s’ stuff. It is in the bottom 6 in this league and we have to hope we scrape more points than three others. Whoever the manager is that is the case. We’ve chronically underfunded the team since Freedman times and it’s got worse year by year. In a league where spending has risen drastically. We are trying to compete like a league one team in this league.
What makes you think Ken even has the money to make a managerial change? Or more accurately the will to spend his own money to do so. We know he hasn’t invested a single pound of his money in the club, beyond short term loans yet he’s taken half a million out last year. He’s not spent a bean on players so why would he bother on a management team?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:37 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:34 am
P.T. ..somebody on here made the point that but for K.A (and I include Phil Parky in that) we might not be here, and that nobody is offering viable alternatives to it all. I totally agree. We may be unhappy with where and what we are right now, but that's the reality. K.A. saw us as a business opportunity and no doubt will sell to the first serious bidder, but nobody is bidding are they? We moan and gibber about losing, but nobody sensible waves white flags or gets the pitchforks and bedsheets out. It's sheer frustration and, like a I said last week, two or three wins will make a different world. Meanwhile, we make the best of it and keep the faith. How much of "round the town" are you talking? I speak to a lot of folk, nobody is happy, but neither can they offer an answer.
Almost everyone I see in the street or in pubs (family & friends)....all fans who used to go a season or so ago, I said it on here a few months ago I was in the pub one afternoon earlier in the season when we had a home game on & two of the lads I was with had ST's and they couldn't be arsed going. Its even worse now with the awful run we are on.

There are quite a few & I mean quite a few fans who I know have ST's and can't be bothered going. You have said it yourself you speak to a lot of folk and nobody is happy. It doesn't matter what the viable alternatives are at this stage....the ship is sinking rapidly, and if its your ship do you just sit back & let it sink or do you try doing something different that may just possibly with a bit of luck somehow stop the ship sinking.

Tell you what fcuk it, lets just stick our fingers in our ears, bury our heads in the sand and tell ourselves all will be ok. Leaders are there to make decisions at important times....and Anderson has totally bottled it.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:38 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:47 am
Peter Thompson wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:

May as well turn the lights off & close the stadium then, because not many will put up with this shit for much longer. Rotherham who are on a similar level to us (that was hard to type & shows just how far we have fallen) beat Swansea yesterday - does anyone think Rotherham have a better squad / better players than us ?

If Anderson doesn't have the bottle to get rid of Parkinson, the fans will do it by voting with their feet as they are currently doing - not many supporters like Parkinson, there may be a few on here but generally around the town the majority want him out....and if it carries on much longer they will eventually turn on him as they did with Megson.
Did you see the analysis that in terms of value our squad is down amongst the Blackpool and Bury’s of this world? Lowest in the championship. You are kidding yourself with ‘our squad is better than X’s’ stuff. It is in the bottom 6 in this league and we have to hope we scrape more points than three others. Whoever the manager is that is the case. We’ve chronically underfunded the team since Freedman times and it’s got worse year by year. In a league where spending has risen drastically. We are trying to compete like a league one team in this league.
What makes you think Ken even has the money to make a managerial change? Or more accurately the will to spend his own money to do so. We know he hasn’t invested a single pound of his money in the club, beyond short term loans yet he’s taken half a million out last year. He’s not spent a bean on players so why would he bother on a management team?
So is Rotherham's squad better than ours....answer the question please

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:53 pm

Anyone else heard the latest that players weren’t paid on time again? If rumors are to be believed, Ameobi was fit but said he wasn’t playing as he wasn’t paid his Oct wage whilst out injured and he still hasn’t received it... don’t shoot the messenger!

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:22 pm

From Marc Iles' twitter account: "I understand there were payment issues with a handful of senior players last week in the build-up to Aston Villa defeat. They have been cleared up - fairly swiftly it seems - but I can't imagine such things help in the build-up to such an important game."

It would seem that the rumours about Ameobi are just rumours, though.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:13 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:37 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:34 am
P.T. ..somebody on here made the point that but for K.A (and I include Phil Parky in that) we might not be here, and that nobody is offering viable alternatives to it all. I totally agree. We may be unhappy with where and what we are right now, but that's the reality. K.A. saw us as a business opportunity and no doubt will sell to the first serious bidder, but nobody is bidding are they? We moan and gibber about losing, but nobody sensible waves white flags or gets the pitchforks and bedsheets out. It's sheer frustration and, like a I said last week, two or three wins will make a different world. Meanwhile, we make the best of it and keep the faith. How much of "round the town" are you talking? I speak to a lot of folk, nobody is happy, but neither can they offer an answer.
Almost everyone I see in the street or in pubs (family & friends)....all fans who used to go a season or so ago, I said it on here a few months ago I was in the pub one afternoon earlier in the season when we had a home game on & two of the lads I was with had ST's and they couldn't be arsed going. Its even worse now with the awful run we are on.

There are quite a few & I mean quite a few fans who I know have ST's and can't be bothered going. You have said it yourself you speak to a lot of folk and nobody is happy. It doesn't matter what the viable alternatives are at this stage....the ship is sinking rapidly, and if its your ship do you just sit back & let it sink or do you try doing something different that may just possibly with a bit of luck somehow stop the ship sinking.

Tell you what fcuk it, lets just stick our fingers in our ears, bury our heads in the sand and tell ourselves all will be ok. Leaders are there to make decisions at important times....and Anderson has totally bottled it.
"It doesn't matter what the viable alternatives are"...

I see.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:21 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:38 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:47 am
Peter Thompson wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:

So is Rotherham's squad better than ours....answer the question please
It has a similar value and from the little I’ve seen of them I would say there isn’t a lot between us and them squad wise. They are a bit more pragmatic it’s all set pieces and long throws and balls into the box - something I think we should do rather than persist with trying to play as much football as we are trying to. They have a bit of quality in that Vaulks and one or two others but it’s grafting mainly (like us). It’s like the Burton thing. Ultimately I expect us and Rotherham to be very close at the end of the season as squad value would predict. Probably comes down to who keeps their key players fittest. Their fans are almost certainly far more supportive and accepting of their limitations.

In the past two games we’ve played pretty well and ultimately across the two games we created enough chances to get something out of each. Should have had at least 2 on Friday and Hull - we should have scored and at least taken a point but one goal I feel would have led to 2. The point is that Oztumer, Donaldson, Noone missed those chances and we ended up with nowt. If you want to blame Parky for signing those lads then fine. But any new manager has to work with those same players and I doubt have a magic wand to wave to make them stick the ball away.

I’d be fascinated to see what a new manager would do. It would certainly end debates like these. But Ken’s not paying. He’s not paying for anything. Seemingly including the wages - at least not on time.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:44 pm

Now I cant stand the pie eating cnuts, but Anderson is charging them £35 a ticket for our home game at the start of December.

That's £35 for a ticket behind the goal....absolutely outrageous.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:55 am

To put that in perspective - a middle-tier ticket to watch Bayern in the Bundesliga - in the Allianz Arena - is €45 face-value, and also (I think) includes public transport to the game thrown in .....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:16 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:44 pm
Now I cant stand the pie eating cnuts, but Anderson is charging them £35 a ticket for our home game at the start of December.

That's £35 for a ticket behind the goal....absolutely outrageous.
dave the minion wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:55 am
To put that in perspective - a middle-tier ticket to watch Bayern in the Bundesliga - in the Allianz Arena - is €45 face-value, and also (I think) includes public transport to the game thrown in .....
Fulham fans are understandably upset that the cheapest ticket - in their dilapidated old pre-Taylor ground - for their wooden-spooners' home game against West Ham is £55.

In March 2016, Premier League clubs voted unanimously to cap away tickets at £30. That means it's now cheaper for travelling fans to watch a match at Old Trafford or the Emirates than it is at Bolton (among others).

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:39 pm

Just happened across this. Interesting. As are the replies. (For clarity, I should point out that - at least as I read it - Ken might not be the country's 17th-highest paid club director. It's just that only 16 clubs paid their top man (and it is almost always a man) more than we paid ours.)

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:41 pm

Isn't that £525k just "consultancy fees" that were declared in the accounts? KA, his wife and son, were probably paid more in salary and commission (in LA's case)? I believe you don't have to specifically declare in the accounts salaries under £250k?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:21 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:41 pm
Isn't that £525k just "consultancy fees" that were declared in the accounts? KA, his wife and son, were probably paid more in salary and commission (in LA's case)? I believe you don't have to specifically declare in the accounts salaries under £250k?
Someone says precisely that in the replies. Figures are mentioned. I wouldn't know.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:33 pm

He's a piss taker. He's taking the fxcking piss.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:22 pm

As this is sort of the default fiscal thread, here's Stoke for a comparison. They've just published their accounts for 2017/18, during which they upped their wage bill 11% from £85m to £94m, lost £30m before tax and got relegated.

But don't feel too sad for them. Partly because they're Stoke. Partly because their chair(wo)man Denise Coates, who bankrolls the club through Bet365 making money off gamblers, was recently in the news for earning £265m last year to top up her £4bn bank balance. You never see a bookie on a bike.
(If you can't access Twitter, the thread contents are unrolled here)

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:59 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:22 pm
You never see a bookie on a bike.
That's because I'm not a bookie.

(nor an exhibitionist)

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:28 am

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... -anderson/

Ken is annoying. I wonder if he benefits more from the club dying than selling it for a realistic price? That is what is going to happen. I interpret the above article as Ken not wanting to sell for a realistic price, and potential buyers telling him to do one.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:08 am

A manager who still doesn't know what his best 11 is and can't motivate the 11 he does pick, a Chairman who seemingly lies to the fans (Claiming to have proof of funds in place from the bidding parties in October, then claims in November that he has seen no such thing) and fails to pay wages on time. We are truly screwed.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:54 am

Lizards!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:10 am

Bring back Deano!