Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:30 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:16 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:46 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:40 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:59 am
Late payment to players is annoying because of contract terms, but I can't imagine it's hurting them too much as long as it gets there eventually. Their main worry must be a bit more long term. It's the lower paid end staff and employees that need their money for Christmas, so lets hope all that's in hand.
I never understand this. Firstly our top paid player is on about 10K a week. But not all are on that much. Some on 3-4K a month. So - if they have a mortgage that costs 50% of that and bills etc on top and a lifestyle that is commensurate to their earnings...why would them being paid late be any different to you?

Its like a kid from an African village saying to you "Hey Mr TD your pension a month is more money than I'll see in my lifetime. Therefore you won't be that bothered missing a month or two".....
Don't you just love an excuse to nit-pick and find fault? ( and usually talk a load of bollox in the bargain). Read the post f.f.s. I was talking (quite explicitly) about late payment to squad players, not no-payment. How many Bolton players (you know, the ones we're talking about) exactly, do you think are paying five grand per week mortagage? Five grand per week? If I had said anything at all about their wages being paid more than a few days late I could understand your eageness to leap forth with your banner of self-righteousness and sword of "chop-your-bollox-off" indignation". Stick to lefturing the government and telling Theresa May what to do. I dont need your lectures, shove em.
My point was that people tend to live inline with their income. Their lifestyles are generally a fit for what they earn. Our top players earn £10K a week but that is just a few. Imagine likes of Dyer etc probably are 2K a week max. These players will have big houses, expensive cars and big bills. I did not say they'd be destitute. I merely pointed out it is a fallacy saying that wealthy salaried people can survive easily with late salaries. Generally it isn't any easier for them than you. (Other than they perhaps in come cases can sell possessions if they need short term cash). Some players probably are living sensibly and saving up and not utilising the majority of their income. But that doesn't mean all of them are.

Most people in the world can survive 2 weeks late. However, IF they started getting a month late then footballers in many cases just like everyone else have problems.
You cannot be serious. I've had periods in my life when I've been permanently fxcked, whether paid on time or not. But, seriously, the more financially stable I have become (code for richer: code for more income) the further out in time the crisis point becomes. Me and the missus earn £82,000 a year, not a month, or a week, and we have a sixteen month window wherein crisis would strike us down. Any footballer on the ridiculously inflated wages they earn who can't manage a couple of months of deferred income are complete tits...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:59 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:30 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Late payment to players is annoying because of contract terms, but I can't imagine it's hurting them too much as long as it gets there eventually. Their main worry must be a bit more long term. It's the lower paid end staff and employees that need their money for Christmas, so lets hope all that's in hand.
I never understand this. Firstly our top paid player is on about 10K a week. But not all are on that much. Some on 3-4K a month. So - if they have a mortgage that costs 50% of that and bills etc on top and a lifestyle that is commensurate to their earnings...why would them being paid late be any different to you?

Its like a kid from an African village saying to you "Hey Mr TD your pension a month is more money than I'll see in my lifetime. Therefore you won't be that bothered missing a month or two".....
Don't you just love an excuse to nit-pick and find fault? ( and usually talk a load of bollox in the bargain). Read the post f.f.s. I was talking (quite explicitly) about late payment to squad players, not no-payment. How many Bolton players (you know, the ones we're talking about) exactly, do you think are paying five grand per week mortagage? Five grand per week? If I had said anything at all about their wages being paid more than a few days late I could understand your eageness to leap forth with your banner of self-righteousness and sword of "chop-your-bollox-off" indignation". Stick to lefturing the government and telling Theresa May what to do. I dont need your lectures, shove em.
My point was that people tend to live inline with their income. Their lifestyles are generally a fit for what they earn. Our top players earn £10K a week but that is just a few. Imagine likes of Dyer etc probably are 2K a week max. These players will have big houses, expensive cars and big bills. I did not say they'd be destitute. I merely pointed out it is a fallacy saying that wealthy salaried people can survive easily with late salaries. Generally it isn't any easier for them than you. (Other than they perhaps in come cases can sell possessions if they need short term cash). Some players probably are living sensibly and saving up and not utilising the majority of their income. But that doesn't mean all of them are.

Most people in the world can survive 2 weeks late. However, IF they started getting a month late then footballers in many cases just like everyone else have problems.
You cannot be serious. I've had periods in my life when I've been permanently fxcked, whether paid on time or not. But, seriously, the more financially stable I have become (code for richer: code for more income) the further out in time the crisis point becomes. Me and the missus earn £82,000 a year, not a month, or a week, and we have a sixteen month window wherein crisis would strike us down. Any footballer on the ridiculously inflated wages they earn who can't manage a couple of months of deferred income are complete tits...
:mrgreen: Well.....

And yes I didn't mean they'd become homeless. I meant that it starts to become problematic.

Footballers on far higher wages than our lot are have been declared bankrupt in the past following the end of their playing careers. I'm not saying it doesn't mean they aren't complete tits....

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:49 pm

Michael Chopra and David James both earned huge money for years. It didn't take them long to crash and burn. Given that the average footballer isn't the brightest bulb in the box, I can imagine there's one or two (If not more) of our squad starting to panic just a little bit. If the wages aren't paid by Friday, the players can walk out of their contracts. For the likes of Vela, Our Polish bloke, Wheater and Beevers, that would mean a lovely signing on fee for another club right before Christmas. I'll guarantee all of their agents will be on the phone to various clubs as I type this.

Apparently Ken is funding the wages out of his own pocket and he's released a press statement to say as much. I think we're supposed to be grateful, but in't that what Chairmen are supposed to do ie Put money into the club they own??!!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:52 pm

Meanwhile, it's £15 for you to watch us against Walsall in the Cup (a fiver if you're under 18 or over 65).

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... h-walsall/

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:57 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

I wouldn't get out of bed for that pittance. 8)
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:56 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:49 pm
Apparently Ken is funding the wages out of his own pocket and he's released a press statement to say as much. I think we're supposed to be grateful, but in't that what Chairmen are supposed to do ie Put money into the club they own??!!
In a word, No. Chairmen are supposed to be the leaders of the board of directors, who themselves are stewards of the club and ensure its run in the best interests of the shareholders - its nothing to do with them to pump money into it, unless of course they choose to.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:52 am

Maybe Ken can commiserate with his opposite number on Saturday.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... i-15543564

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:25 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:52 pm
Meanwhile, it's £15 for you to watch us against Walsall in the Cup (a fiver if you're under 18 or over 65).

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... h-walsall/
I've seen people whinging about this on Twitter, but it seems pretty reasonable to me. I'm sure the crowd will still be low, but I can't see how £15 a ticket could put many off.

An eminently winnable tie anyway, so hopefully we get one of the PL big boys in round four.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:47 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:57 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

I wouldn't get out of bed for that pittance. 8)
Hahaha, :D It's mostly her that earns it, I tend to be the one who doesn't get out of bed... 8)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:42 pm

Had to happen eventually: Ken has banned Marc Iles.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17 ... n-stadium/

#pravda

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:08 pm

Very Ken Bates.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:09 pm

BEN can always send someone else.

Time for more inaccurate opinion pieces and frothing from the legions of notrights on social media then.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:12 pm

"Glendenning: Warm up, you're coming on."

These are the acts of someone nearing the end of his tether. Marc now has nothing to lose by being brutally honest and honestly brutal.

Banning someone for posting a Muppets Christmas Carol GIF: it's hardly SIX GUILTY MEN, is it?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:27 pm

Used to be a time when football folk could give it and take it without crying. All part of the great game. Ken could have laughed it off and been seen in a far better light.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:55 pm

Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:42 pm

#pravda

I'll be going to Brentford with my "Ken Out" flag. Hopefully, I will be banned for life.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:02 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:55 pm
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:42 pm

#pravda
I'll be going to Brentford with my "Ken Out" flag. Hopefully, I will be banned for life.
Probably the last time we'll go to Griffin Park anyway...

If anybody wants to start a petition, they can have the free slogan Get A Pen Out To Get A Ken Out.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:52 pm

Not being on twitter I've missed much of what has been said but I understand Iles had been sailing close to the wind and downright provocative according to some. I did like the Ken Jung Un comment though

Does anyone remember Phil Neal having a meltdown at the BEN one time? I forget what prompted it but there were briefly threats of legal action being thrown around.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:58 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:55 pm
Any excuse to avoid buying a round! .... #Royal Oak #The Griffin #The Princess Royal.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:11 pm

Fxcking joke.
I'm now talking Anderson. Parkinson. Iles. Supporters Trust. The fxcking team.
Are there any grownups out there?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:29 pm

I was thinking this might happen when I was trying to recall what other teams in crisis have done that’s embarrassing. What else is left? Suing the fans message board hasn’t been done yet...