Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Jugs » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:10 pm
Jugs wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:06 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:59 pm
Jugs wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:53 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:22 pm
Jugs wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:15 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:54 pm
Jugs wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:51 pm
Parky could bring us a bit of cheer by setting his teams up to attack and go for it at home. But it's negative off the pitch and on it. Bollocks, all of it.
Just like Lennon did in similar circumstances with a more expensive squad....

We're doing better than that, far better. He's worked wonders in a complete mess. The man deserves nothing but respect.
He's done some good stuff, and credit where it's due. But in terms of the football, he brings zero cheer at the moment. It's dire and you can't blame that on the stuff that goes on behind closed doors. That's his tactics and mindset. We're not good to talk about and we're not good to watch, and it doesn't have to be that way.
You very much can. If you think that hasn't had a huge impact on morale and spirit - then think again.
Nah man. That's not the reason Alnwick takes an eternity to take his goal kicks, or why Magennis takes long throw ins, or why why start with 1 upfront v Walsall. It's down to the manager's tactics and mindset.
Which are designed to get the best out of an average (being generous) group of players. The lack of spirit and morale that dogged the season is clearly not down to them not wanting to play for Parky......

You can argue all you want but the tame surrender of a better squad under Lennon shows Parky's value - that under even worse circumstances we're not as bad.
Mate, I'm not comparing him with what went before. We know how bad that was. But the complete lack of urgency and aggression from PP's teams at home is sapping all motivation from fans to go to the games.

Everything was going fairly swell by the time QPR came to town in September, and PP chose to go defensive. That was nothing to do with Ken or the perceived limited ability of our squad to attack - that was PP's mindset. It's the way he is.
Nah - everything was going well up until the administration debacle in the international break. Watch back to see the drop of in committment from before and after. See the way players fought back from 2 down at Preston. Compare that to afterwards.

The tactics and selections didn't change. The spirit went. Players weren't being paid.
You mean like in the Sheffield United game (we were overran by a better team but there was no commitment from the players) or the Bristol City game (which, let's be fair, we should have lost)?

And you're right, the tactics and selection didn't change, and won't ever change. We were lucky to get away with the 3 pts v Reading, too. PP is just a negative manager who produces dross football that turns fans off. Doesn't matter how things are going on off the park - ask Bradford fans that. This is who he is.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:53 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:44 pm

Seriously, the only good thing about our club is Parky. The man should be considered a club legend. Just wait till you hear the full story. Its shocking.
Are you willing to expand on that statement?

I think I'm past being shocked after the last 24 hours.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:09 pm

Why the feck does everything have to be so binary? Surely it’s fairly obvious to everyone that in purely football, tactical terms he’s relatively limited, has done ok since he arrived, but at times this season has struggled.

At the same time he’s kept his composure during some pretty appalling times for the club, and seems to have maintained a reasonable level of morale among players who haven’t been paid on time. He brought unity in summer when the players went on strike.

Parky can’t be judged on the same terms as other managers, either previous ones at our club, or elsewhere. Better tacticians may well have completely lost the dressing room with all that’s been going on. They may have just jumped ship at the first opportunity.

With what’s happening off the pitch I’ll give him credit that we’re not an absolute shit show on it, and are just about competing (hull aside).

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:10 pm

What came first, the chicken or the egg? Or in this case the Registration Embargo or the Doidge Move back to FGR?
Aren't the EFL's rules as equally to blame as Ken's unpaid debts?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:15 pm

jimbo wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:09 pm
Why the feck does everything have to be so binary? Surely it’s fairly obvious to everyone that in purely football, tactical terms he’s relatively limited, has done ok since he arrived, but at times this season has struggled.

At the same time he’s kept his composure during some pretty appalling times for the club, and seems to have maintained a reasonable level of morale among players who haven’t been paid on time. He brought unity in summer when the players went on strike.

Parky can’t be judged on the same terms as other managers, either previous ones at our club, or elsewhere. Better tacticians may well have completely lost the dressing room with all that’s been going on. They may have just jumped ship at the first opportunity.

With what’s happening off the pitch I’ll give him credit that we’re not an absolute shit show on it, and are just about competing (hull aside).
Possibly it's a reaction to certain inflated statements? Such as "He's a Miracle Worker, a fxcking Legend, better than Jesus Christ on Toast"... tends to set the teeth on edge and creates an equal and opposite negativity to counterbalance the pomposity and farcical undeserved positivity. Hence ye olde worlde binarynessnous.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:32 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:53 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:44 pm

Seriously, the only good thing about our club is Parky. The man should be considered a club legend. Just wait till you hear the full story. Its shocking.
Are you willing to expand on that statement?

I think I'm past being shocked after the last 24 hours.
Aye, put up or shut up!
We all know there is some bad shit going down, nowt can surprise us now.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:25 pm

Ken’s back! BOOM
It’s all fake newzzz

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:28 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:45 pm
Boycott home games; picket away games until the Andersons leave our club.
Interesting idea, but what do you mean by "picket" away games? I'd like us to go to away games, get behind the team, love the badge, and vocally tell the chairman where to go. Doing that in the ground at home gives him cash, doing it away doesn't, while still supporting the team we love and making the protests we sadly need to.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:30 pm

I do agree with Ken on one thing
Neil Bonnar is a late night piss head who should put the phone down after 9pm

His response to FGR is interesting

But let’s face it he is having a Trump style war with the BN and in a tat for tat with a club in a town of circa 6,000 population over a transfer that very much isn’t happening, which is definitely our fault one way or t’other.

I think he may be skirting the real issues!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:35 pm

Heeeeeeeere'sKenny:

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/januar ... -chairman/

"NOTHING TO SEE HERE"

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:11 pm

I'm not sure even Ken will swallow that. Written, or edited around 10pm tonight. No mention of Forest Green until the last few paragraphs. No response to the non payment of Doiges wages. No reference to the allegations of money owed to Norwich but hey, he managed to get a couple of digs in at the local rag and journos.

He comes across as an unreliable bully and a poor man's Donald Trump
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:18 am

I was expecting a more vociferous response from Anderson. Quite toned down for him.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:41 am

I am glad King Kenny has put out a statement, its put my mind at ease.
I thought he was an out and out charlatan and compulsive liar but it turns out that in this whole sorry saga he is the only one that can be relied on to be truthful.
Shame on you Dale Vince, EFL, Bonnar and Iles.

Just off to visit father Christmas see how he us coping after the Christmas rush.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:55 am

A lot of writing which says nothing at all. What are the sayings.."Actions speak louder than words" ?. "Honesty is the best policy" etc,etc...If ever either was needed it's surely now.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:29 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:55 am
A lot of writing which says nothing at all. What are the sayings.."Actions speak louder than words" ?. "Honesty is the best policy" etc,etc...If ever either was needed it's surely now.
Reality is that he can't be completely honest. But he's spinning everything like Donald Trump. His attacks on the Bolton News in that article - insinuating that Neil Bonnar is a drunk - are absolutely disgusting.

I don't like Bonnar (I don't think many do) - bloke is smug, conceited and a City fan. He's irked many local sports. But still the chairman of a football club writing absolute vitriol like that on the official site about ultimately, a harmless local journalist is absolutely unforgivable.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:48 pm

Ken Anderson or Dale Vince. I know who I believe.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:29 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:55 am
Reality is that he can't be completely honest. But he's spinning everything like Donald Trump. His attacks on the Bolton News in that article - insinuating that Neil Bonnar is a drunk - are absolutely disgusting.

I don't like Bonnar (I don't think many do) - bloke is smug, conceited and a City fan. He's irked many local sports. But still the chairman of a football club writing absolute vitriol like that on the official site about ultimately, a harmless local journalist is absolutely unforgivable.

Calling him out for ranting on the internet late at night...... By ranting on the internet late at night
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:17 pm

BEN have an interesting statement from the house of lords indeed!!!

Come on Anderson respond to that.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:38 pm

knobpolisher wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:17 pm

He probably won't, partly because there's nowt new in it, KP. I was hoping for parliamentary privilege to sidestep libel and bring some new revelations/accusations, but it's "just" - albeit still unusual - two local peers releasing a statement (it wasn't, I don't think, in the House of Lords).

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17 ... aronesses/
"Through decades of following Bolton Wanderers, with season tickets first at Burnden Park and throughout the years at our fantastic new stadium, we have seen many ups and downs in the club’s fortunes, both on and off the pitch. But the events of the last few weeks and months have, for the first time, moved us to speak publicly about our grave concern over the way Bolton Wanderers – our beloved football club – is being run.

"We have spent months listening to empty promises from the Chairman and his excuses as to why wages and bonuses have not been paid on time. We have seen Marc Iles, the esteemed journalist from the Bolton News, having his credentials withdrawn after asking legitimate questions about the way the club is being run. And in the last few days we have heard reports of shameful behaviour in transfer dealings with other clubs.

"We can no longer stand idly by and watch our club being treated like this. The staff deserve better, the players deserve better and most important the fans deserve better. Every football club deserves to be run by someone who sees themselves more of a custodian than a 'secured lender'. Bolton Wanderers belongs to the community and its loyal and devoted fans are embarrassed by the way it is being run and genuinely worried about what the future holds for our once proud football club.

"We grew up watching Bolton Wanderers, and we brought our children up watching Bolton Wanderers. We have cheered, cried, shouted, frozen for decades and we want our football club to survive to allow future generations of Wanderers fans to enjoy the ups and downs of following such a wonderful club. If things continue as they are, we are seriously worried that this may not be the case."

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:51 pm

knobpolisher wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:17 pm

Baronesses - they're always pissed.