Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:17 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:59 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:54 am
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:51 am
Training ground locked. 1st team had a day off anyway but staff told not to bother coming in because there's no food.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... -shortage/
A weird feeling of helplessness as it feels like it is all sliding away....not sure what any of us can do...
As far as I can possibly imagine there's nowt we humble forum-dwellers can do except hope, drink, pray, whatever gets you through the day.

Nixon says there's also fuel shortages (Iles notes that Lostock runs on a diesel generator). It's like the three-day week. Training by candlelight. What a shambles.
I've been a Bolton lad and Whites supporter longer than most, not a boast, just an age related fact. Like all else in life there have been good times and bad times a-plenty, but this is almost beyond belief. In an era when footballers live in mansions, drive top range cars and live off the fat of the land, Bolton staff are told not to turn up because there's no food (ie, unpaid suppliers) and no fuel to run generators, how low have we sunk? As a business we have obviously been run by totally inneficient financial management. Bill Ridding, Nat and co must be the reason it's raining so hard because they're weeping in shame .
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:34 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:17 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Training ground locked. 1st team had a day off anyway but staff told not to bother coming in because there's no food.

A weird feeling of helplessness as it feels like it is all sliding away....not sure what any of us can do...
As far as I can possibly imagine there's nowt we humble forum-dwellers can do except hope, drink, pray, whatever gets you through the day.

Nixon says there's also fuel shortages (Iles notes that Lostock runs on a diesel generator). It's like the three-day week. Training by candlelight. What a shambles.
I've been a Bolton lad and Whites supporter longer than most, not a boast, just an age related fact. Like all else in life there have been good times and bad times a-plenty, but this is almost beyond belief. In an era when footballers live in mansions, drive top range cars and live off the fat of the land, Bolton staff are told not to turn up because there's no food (ie, unpaid suppliers) and no fuel to run generators, how low have we sunk? As a business we have obviously been run by totally inneficient financial management. Bill Ridding, Nat and co must be the reason it's raining so hard because they're weeping in shame .
I don't believe Ken is "inefficient".......

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:45 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:34 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:17 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I don't believe Ken is "inefficient".......
Quite frankly, I don't actually give one as to what you believe.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:56 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:45 pm

Quite frankly, I don't actually give one as to what you believe.
Bit uncalled for - we are all BWFC fans here.

Do you think Ken - a hard nosed businessman - is incompetent or perhaps has ridden the club for as much as he can squeeze out?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:13 pm

Let's try to keep it civil, folks, while understanding we're all jumpy.

Alan Nixon tweets "The players pay for their own food. Around £200 a month. In advance. So..."

Judging by his other tweets, he's deeply concerned about the club's ability to keep going.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:40 pm

To be fair it looks like it’s end game now.

End to the purgatory at least.

Even if hyperbolic headlines and whipping the masses up on twitter have been proven right I’m not convinced they have helped. But there you go - it’s undeniable we all want the same thing - no club, no Bolton (evening) news when all’s said and done.

Fingers crossed.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:25 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:40 pm

Even if hyperbolic headlines and whipping the masses up on twitter have been proven right I’m not convinced they have helped. But there you go - it’s undeniable we all want the same thing - no club, no Bolton (evening) news when all’s said and done.

Fingers crossed.
By the by, and just for the record - for most newspaper stories, writers don't come up with the headlines. They're produced by editors and sub-editors, increasingly with search-engine optimisation for Google-juicing. And yes, they can be clickbaity – but in this instance that blame can't be laid on Marc.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:07 pm

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:13 pm

Not my usual modus operandum. Apologies. I'm sick to the teeth of negativity. It's still all about a game of football at the end of the day......or should be.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:11 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:07 pm
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:13 pm

Not my usual modus operandum. Apologies. I'm sick to the teeth of negativity. It's still all about a game of fotball at the end of the day......or should be.
You're a gentleman, Tango, and beloved by all.

As I say, many of us may be a bit jumpy and deeply concerned for our club. Hopefully we can get through it like grown-ups and we'll be back on the football, listening to Radio Tango and bemoaning the manager/ref/striker/commentator/pies as soon as possible. Wouldn't that be nice?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:24 pm

:mrgreen:
It's a government dry run for 29th March...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:20 pm

Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:25 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:40 pm

Fingers crossed.
By the by, and just for the record - for most newspaper stories, writers don't come up with the headlines. They're produced by editors and sub-editors, increasingly with search-engine optimisation for Google-juicing. And yes, they can be clickbaity – but in this instance that blame can't be laid on Marc.
Fair points.
He’s a decent bloke at the end of the day and is reporting what in his eyes is right for his friends at the club - plenty who are on a small wage I am sure.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:16 pm

18 August, Anderson was proclaiming we were hoping to make a small profit this FY. There's something seriously amiss with his adding up to go from there to where we are today. And now he owns most of the assets. Very worrying.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:51 pm

I don't for one bit believe that money isn't available to pay players/staff. Ken just won't pay them. He wants the new owners to do so that he can walk away with as much as he can in his pocket. He is accountable to no one, owns the club and will do whatever he wants because he can.

I have never believed in the past that persons who wanted to buy the club failed his financial due diligence and that he wanted to leave the club in good hands rhetoric. They (Prospective owners) just would not be taken as fools and pay over what he wanted from them.

Ken has no interest in BWFC, its supporters, staff or players. From his actions, his only interest is to "milk it" for as much as he can.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:54 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:16 pm
18 August, Anderson was proclaiming we were hoping to make a small profit this FY. There's something seriously amiss with his adding up to go from there to where we are today. And now he owns most of the assets. Very worrying.
Excellent point. He was making out like we could just about self sustain and whilst we’d be paupers in the division we could get by. However that was before the blumarble drama and the loan from ED to KA. I wonder if he thought BM could be deferred again and the Davies loan means now he is potentially in hock for a lot of money. Yes he’s secured it against the club but perhaps he worries whether that can ever be realised?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:16 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:54 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Excellent point. He was making out like we could just about self sustain and whilst we’d be paupers in the division we could get by. However that was before the blumarble drama and the loan from ED to KA. I wonder if he thought BM could be deferred again and the Davies loan means now he is potentially in hock for a lot of money. Yes he’s secured it against the club but perhaps he worries whether that can ever be realised?
When he made that statement, Blumarble was due within the month. Either way, he knows there's £5m to pay someone at some point. I'd be surprised if ED loan was less preferential than Blumarble, so surely the Club position would've improved... It all sounds piss poor to me, and there's one person I'd be really surprised to see lose out in all of this... Accounts were due end of this month too... Jsl.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:52 pm

Dibble's at the door, rattling a bucket.
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17 ... wanderers/
(Not our Dibble. The Dibble.)

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:00 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
KA is on record, and all the evidence also points to that the club on it's current wage bill runs at a £5m-£6m loss each season. We made a "small profit" last season because Madine brought in around £6.25m. Therefore it does make sense based on what has happened this season so far i.e. no transfer fees received, and signings made in the summer that appeared to keep costs similar to last season, that we have run out of money at this time.

I am also trying very hard, without success, not to put together these points:

1.) KA presumably has complete access to the club's bank accounts accounts.
2.) KA's recent history, what he was banned from a company director for in 2005-2013, was transferring funds from business entering liquidation into his own accounts.
3.) And this might be good news, direct debits are not being taken from supporters, suggesting the club's accounts have been frozen.

Also, KA was not the one at the last minute desperately trying to prevent administration in September, when from what I can tell from the information out there, £5m had been loaned from ED to KA's Inner Circle account in order to pay off Blumarble, but KA had not yet loaned that money to the club.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:28 pm

Last August they talked about (promised) FGR £1 million for Doidge as well...

The common thread being Ken’s a lying fcker!!

I’ll shake some buckets at work. Might nominate us for the Friday dress down money.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:33 am

We were mentioned on BBC breakfast news this morning, as a footnote in the sports section presented by Sally Nugent. Around 6.20/ 6.25

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:31 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:16 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:54 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
When he made that statement, Blumarble was due within the month. Either way, he knows there's £5m to pay someone at some point. I'd be surprised if ED loan was less preferential than Blumarble, so surely the Club position would've improved... It all sounds piss poor to me, and there's one person I'd be really surprised to see lose out in all of this... Accounts were due end of this month too... Jsl.
Agree entirely. I don’t for one second think Ken will allow himself to lose from this at all. It’s been clear for a long time to me that he expected to have sold the lot well before now.