Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:03 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:58 pm
We, as a group of players, feel extremely let down by Ken Anderson once again.

We were promised on Friday that our wages and the staff wages would be paid to us by today (Monday). Unfortunately, that hasn’t happened. With no idea of when our wages will be paid our only option is to ask the PFA to take it up with the EFL and start proceedings on our behalf.

Hopefully the issue gets resolved very soon so we can all move forward as a group and put all our focus into winning games of football and staying in the league.
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... ate-wages/

Interesting:

"A four-strong consortium led by Parminder Basran and Sharon Brittan is looking to buy Wanderers and have indicated they would pay the outstanding wages - but Anderson has dug his heels in."
More media innit? The reality football ownership show brought to you by KA.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:54 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:53 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:57 pm

I'm saying that Ken is no doubt playing a game of brinksmanship. But we know a deal was agreed (announced by Ken and retweeted by Basran) and then suddenly during due diligence Basran "pulled back"....
Due diligence was always likely to cause a re-negotiation. But we were at a point on Friday, after the period of d/d where a deal was supposedly agreed. Now it seems it isn't. Given there are no supporting facts, would a sensible person think:

1.) A consortium who have been reported to be talking to the club for months, who KA announced a deal in principle with, and then has entered into a period of exclusivity with, having previously refused to enter negotiations with "tyre-kickers" who don't provide proof of funds, have suddenly not got the money? Did they bet it all on Millwall winning at the weekend or something? Or

2.) KA, someone who fails to pay a high percentage of his bills, who is on record as treating negotiations like a poker game, who almost put in admin in September, who has a history of dishonesty, has fecked around on the deal at the last minute?
Or 3.) Basran has lowered the bid price after seeing the books and KA is on the blower to anybody else with a vague interest to inflate the price again
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:05 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:54 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I'm saying that Ken is no doubt playing a game of brinksmanship. But we know a deal was agreed (announced by Ken and retweeted by Basran) and then suddenly during due diligence Basran "pulled back"....
Due diligence was always likely to cause a re-negotiation. But we were at a point on Friday, after the period of d/d where a deal was supposedly agreed. Now it seems it isn't. Given there are no supporting facts, would a sensible person think:

1.) A consortium who have been reported to be talking to the club for months, who KA announced a deal in principle with, and then has entered into a period of exclusivity with, having previously refused to enter negotiations with "tyre-kickers" who don't provide proof of funds, have suddenly not got the money? Did they bet it all on Millwall winning at the weekend or something? Or

2.) KA, someone who fails to pay a high percentage of his bills, who is on record as treating negotiations like a poker game, who almost put in admin in September, who has a history of dishonesty, has fecked around on the deal at the last minute?
Or 3.) Basran has lowered the bid price after seeing the books and KA is on the blower to anybody else with a vague interest to inflate the price again
Aye, possibly. Iles questions the existence of the exclusivity arrangement.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:21 pm

A Nixon 'Exclusive', which seems to be regurgitated from Marc Iles story at lunchtime.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... 1552325355
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:25 pm

EFL murmur ineffectually, as is their style. https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... -over-pay/

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:48 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Ken also is at risk of losing his stake. Kenyon as about to buy Newcastle then his investors wouldn’t raise required amount. It does happen. I’m not saying Ken isn’t messing, I’m sure he is. But something suspicious in all of this. What can Ken ask for? He hasn’t a huge position of strength. The fact he let it be publicly known he’d pay players on Monday makes me concerned since a savvy operator doesn’t do that unless they think a deal is done....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:03 pm

Club statement.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... d-pay-row/

“We are disappointed that the players have taken this course of action; however we will continue to have ongoing dialogue with them.

“The takeover process is progressing and all parties are working hard to reach a speedy completion. We hope to make a further statement prior to Tuesday’s game.

“Once finalised all outstanding salaries will be paid as a matter of urgency.”

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:21 pm

I am very encouraged that the Basran/Brittan group haven't walked away already, whilst at the same time there must be a huge danger they do that, and leave Ken (again) screwed with zero options, only this time along with all of us.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:53 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:03 pm
Club statement.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... d-pay-row/

“We are disappointed that the players have taken this course of action
They've (he's) got some bloody front coming out with that. I don't think anyone could blame the players if they chose to strike tomorrow.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:04 pm

On behalf of myself, Ken pay up you c**t.

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:59 pm

Got to say, and without trying to promote other sites, there's a belter of a thread on Wways regarding the takeover with claims and counterclaims by two recently registered posters....
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:35 pm

chester white wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:59 pm
Got to say, and without trying to promote other sites, there's a belter of a thread on Wways regarding the takeover with claims and counterclaims by two recently registered posters....

Well, I feel dirty for doing it, but I took a look at that site (forgive me). As Chezzy says, there's a pair on there bickering away, revealing stuff that no one else has mentioned previously. If it's to be believed, the sticking point seems to be the bonuses payable to Ken should we ever see the good times again. The Basran "insider" also claims he's bringing 10 years' funding and a substantial transfer kitty.

At one point, the Ken "insider" says -
"Ok, well for the record I have no negative agenda against Mr Basran" and then goes on to set out his negative agenda - "I like many others have concerns regarding his funding/backers and experience, not to mention the undeclared links to Brett Warburton and a player representation agency." Which, to me, does sound a little Anderson-esque.

Oh, and they seem to tolerate racists on Wways.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:04 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:35 pm

If it's to be believed, the sticking point seems to be the bonuses payable to Ken should we ever see the good times again. The Basran "insider" also claims he's bringing 10 years' funding and a substantial transfer kitty.
Am I to take it that after all the false promise (lies?) court actions and non payments we are supposed to pay K.A bonuses if we climb out of the hole he's left us in...really?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:17 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:04 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:

If it's to be believed, the sticking point seems to be the bonuses payable to Ken should we ever see the good times again. The Basran "insider" also claims he's bringing 10 years' funding and a substantial transfer kitty.
Am I to take it that after all the false promise (lies?) court actions and non payments we are supposed to pay K.A bonuses if we climb out of the hole he's left us in...really?

I think Ken would argue that, were it not for his intervention, there would be no club and, as a consequence, no opportunity for someone to make money in future years. So, he wants his reward for this sefless act of generosity.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:18 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
chester white wrote:

Oh, and they seem to tolerate racists on Wways.
Wait. What? :shock: :oops: :evil:
FS. Not ok...

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:27 pm

chester white wrote:
I saw that thread. Someone needs to challenge that Howard geezer on the numbers and "facts" he is giving out. They are often incorrect, or lacking in evidence. I couldn't stay reading it for long, because he seems to convinced all participants in the conversation that he is some financial guru. If it was an exercise in disinformation it was certainly compelling.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:30 pm

chester white wrote:
Either a cracking wind up or one of those things you read about at other clubs with ‘wacky’ owners and think f*ck me I’m glad that’s not us...

Interesting nonetheless - and certainly plenty of stuff that seems to make sense, if unchecked as per BW above. Funny place the internet.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:39 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:30 pm
Funny place the internet.
:D It's hilarious.

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:04 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:27 pm
chester white wrote:
I saw that thread. Someone needs to challenge that Howard geezer on the numbers and "facts" he is giving out. They are often incorrect, or lacking in evidence. I couldn't stay reading it for long, because he seems to convinced all participants in the conversation that he is some financial guru. If it was an exercise in disinformation it was certainly compelling.
A lot of it goes over my heard unfortunately, especially the stuff that Howard geezer ( :laugh: ) has been putting on. However having spoken to a close friends who's employment puts him close the ongoings at BWFC, he provided a very similar account to that provided by the 'John Galt' account. That being, Ken constantly moving the goal posts and trying to make as much out of the deal as possible, hence the delays.

I hope it does all come out in the end, whether he's fleeced us or not, so a line can be drawn under it.
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:51 pm

chester white wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:04 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:27 pm
chester white wrote:
A lot of it goes over my heard unfortunately, especially the stuff that Howard geezer ( :laugh: ) has been putting on. However having spoken to a close friends who's employment puts him close the ongoings at BWFC, he provided a very similar account to that provided by the 'John Galt' account. That being, Ken constantly moving the goal posts and trying to make as much out of the deal as possible, hence the delays.

I hope it does all come out in the end, whether he's fleeced us or not, so a line can be drawn under it.
I don't doubt for a second that Ken is moving the goalposts.

Why was there so much focus on the wealth of Parminder Basran when even public reporting before today suggested Sharon Brittan and Jeff Thomas were involved in the consortium, and today Iles' reporting stated the consortium consisted of four people?

I would like to see evidence of his assertion that we have £28.9m of debt (£12,9m unsecured), and that KA owes Moonshift £8m, or is it £11m? None of that is reflected in the last accounts, which granted were the 2017 accounts, given that this year's are late, but also not from any reporting I can find or am aware of. Moonshift (estate of ED), loaned KA (Inner Circle) £5m in September to pay off Blumarble. Howard is suggesting there is another £3m, or £6m on top of that from somewhere. No one would agree to an interest rate like that! Maybe Howard has inside info, but if he is going to start banding these figures about he should at least provide some links as to where they came from.

And somewhere he states that £30m has always been the price involved in a takeover, hence relating that to covering the £28.9m debt. But that is not the case. KA issued a prospectus two years ago suggesting a £25m price. The price the Basran/Brittan consortium are said to be paying has been recently reported at £27m, and that was when we were in a better position to stay up. Ken mentioned £30m earlier this season, when he said two parties, one from the USA, and one from the Middle East were interested, but that seemed speculative at the time, and designed to get one of the parties to pay an inflated price. None of those parties seemed to generate a serious interest.

All his other assertions are presented without any evidence, expected to be taken as stated, and are seemingly accepted as such. But the premise for all his statements i.e. the level of our debt, the price likely to be being paid, and the wealth of the Basran group has not been proven, and is quite possibly incorrect. He uses the supposed lack of wealth to state, again without evidence, that KA has had to refuse the deal today because Basran didn't have the money. This is contrary to Iles' reporting today, and again just not supported by any evidence.

All imho of course :)