Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:13 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:07 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:34 pm
Fecking brilliant. So we don't think it is the unnamed person we thought it might have been. That's helpful :-)
...and that's why it doesn't help to reveal your thoughts, as honestly as you may have held them... :D

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:26 pm

So who the fxck is it then? :conf:
I think I'll be posting in two weeks' time that the judge will be giving another extension...
(If we get liquidated it will be after the season ends. Anybody foolish enough not to realise the EFL will be petitioning judges through private letters need their bumps felt. HMRC are Very Aggressive petitioners... The EFL will be saying "FFS, this hits us too hard, delay it...").
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:20 pm

In who's interest is it to actually get rid of us apart from possibly the Forest Green Rovers chairman? What a cock-up money has made of football.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:46 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:20 pm
In who's interest is it to actually get rid of us apart from possibly the Forest Green Rovers chairman? What a cock-up money has made of football.
It's not fair that we make payment commitments as a Club that we then don't meet. Behind this business there are people owed money. I'm not just one about the big players who might be better placed to ride out the storm, there's folks such as Heatcotes who need to pay the people who work for them at Bolton etc. Can't be allowed to continue like that.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:50 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:46 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
It's not fair that we make payment commitments as a Club that we then don't meet. Behind this business there are people owed money. I'm not just one about the big players who might be better placed to ride out the storm, there's folks such as Heatcotes who need to pay the people who work for them at Bolton etc. Can't be allowed to continue like that.
We will be allowed to continue to fxck up the small people, while delaying the damage done to the big people though.
That happens to be the nature of power.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:57 pm

Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:16 pm
malcd1 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:09 pm
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:02 pm
malcd1 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:54 pm
He must be a foreign club owner then if he has a major stake in another profession football team.
As in "owner of a foreign club" (sounds like a late-period Yes song) rather than "a foreign owner of a club in England"

But it depends how you define a "major" shareholder - might not be "majority" - could be some clever wordplay there. These things are often limited. Back around the turn of the century when broadcast companies were forbidden from owning clubs, many scaled down to 19.99999%. Premier League's fit & proper persons test only applies to those over 30% holdings. Not quite sure what EFL threshold is. IIRC Trevor Hemmings had small slices of Blackpool and Bolton at same time as Preston.

And of course he (or she?) could divest this major holding elsewhere...

Would he / she be able to own 94.5% of Bolton and a 15% in say Preston though?
Hello mate - "not more than 10%". See post above (written before I saw yours).

Cheers DSB.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bible scholars will note that it's not money that is the root of all evil, but the love of money.

Some folks love it too much. Others can't handle it.

Forest Green are perfectly within their rights. Let's workshop this. Imagine not all our players are shite. Now imagine some Champions League club came along and took our best player - let's call him Zach Holding. They promise to pay us. Then they don't. They've had our best player for the first half of the season, while we've had to get by without him and without getting any money to replace him. Now further imagine that due to a complicated League rule, we'd had to pay him his wages - the Champions League club said they'd pay some or all of them, but they haven't, and if we hadn't paid him then our local hero would have been unpaid for six months. Like us.

Would we complain? Sure as shit we would. And quite rightly too.

Would we ask for our money back? You'd hope so.

Would we want to see the Champions League club go out of business? Probably not, but some of us might.

Does Vince Vegan want us to go bust? No. But he wants the best for his club, he sees we might be going bust and he's trying to make sure FGR aren't left unremunerated. And quite possibly sees an opportunity to add weight to the evidence to get rid of Ken.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:05 pm

Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:00 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Bible scholars will note that it's not money that is the root of all evil, but the love of money.

Some folks love it too much. Others can't handle it.

Forest Green are perfectly within their rights. Let's workshop this. Imagine not all our players are shite. Now imagine some Champions League club came along and took our best player - let's call him Zach Holding. They promise to pay us. Then they don't. They've had our best player for the first half of the season, while we've had to get by without him and without getting any money to replace him. Now further imagine that due to a complicated League rule, we'd had to pay him his wages - the Champions League club said they'd pay some or all of them, but they haven't, and if we hadn't paid him then our local hero would have been unpaid for six months. Like us.

Would we complain? Sure as shit we would. And quite rightly too.

Would we ask for our money back? You'd hope so.

Would we want to see the Champions League club go out of business? Probably not, but some of us might.

Does Vince Vegan want us to go bust? No. But he wants the best for his club, he sees we might be going bust and he's trying to make sure FGR aren't left unremunerated. And quite possibly sees an opportunity to add weight to the evidence to get rid of Ken.
And is he any more likely to get what he thinks is his money by joining in a very aggressive petition on the back of HMCR?
Is he fxck! He's just maximising his ad revenue at our expense ..
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:06 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:26 pm
I think I'll be posting in two weeks' time that the judge will be giving another extension...
(If we get liquidated it will be after the season ends. Anybody foolish enough not to realise the EFL will be petitioning judges through private letters need their bumps felt. HMRC are Very Aggressive petitioners... The EFL will be saying "FFS, this hits us too hard, delay it...").
How about Jim Ratcliffe? Comes from Manchester, owns Lausanne FC and has tried to buy Chelsea from the Russian without success. Perhaps he has concluded that if he cannot buy a profitable Premiership club because owners do not wish to part with cash cows, then a much cheaper (relatively) alternative is to get a club like Bolton motoring again.

Perhaps.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:13 pm

bedwetter2 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:06 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
How about Jim Ratcliffe? Comes from Manchester, owns Lausanne FC and has tried to buy Chelsea from the Russian without success. Perhaps he has concluded that if he cannot buy a profitable Premiership club because owners do not wish to part with cash cows, then a much cheaper (relatively) alternative is to get a club like Bolton motoring again.

Perhaps.
Well there are three flaws with that speculation.
First and foremost, he's not shy in coming forward.
Secondly, I think even Iles would have heard of him.
Thirdly, with that amount of dosh available, Basran wouldn't have had a look in.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:26 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:05 pm
And is he any more likely to get what he thinks is his money by joining in a very aggressive petition on the back of HMCR?
If he were maximising revenue at our expense, who in their right minds could blame him?

Considering our owner's behaviour, I find this outrage at others more unpalatable than any vegan burger.

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:33 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:13 pm
bedwetter2 wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Perhaps.
Thirdly, with that amount of dosh available, Basran wouldn't have had a look in.
Yes, you are probably correct unless it really is a spur of the moment thing. Remember non disclosure agreements would prohibit the two parties from blabbing until a deal is concluded. Anyway, as I am not party to a NDA I can officially disclose as a senior representative of Bedwetter2 Consultants that I don't have a clue but reserve the right to speculate and lets face it, Britains richest man owning our little club would be magnificent.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:41 pm

bedwetter2 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:33 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:13 pm
bedwetter2 wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Perhaps.
Yes, you are probably correct unless it really is a spur of the moment thing. Remember non disclosure agreements would prohibit the two parties from blabbing until a deal is concluded. Anyway, as I am not party to a NDA I can officially disclose as a senior representative of Bedwetter2 Consultants that I don't have a clue but reserve the right to speculate and lets face it, Britains richest man owning our little club would be magnificent.
Fairy 'nuff. I feel you will be disappointed.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:46 pm

Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:26 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
If he were maximising revenue at our expense, who in their right minds could blame him?
Me for one
He could have put forward his own complaint to the courts of his own making in the last two months.
He's an equally shifty cxnt as Our Ken. And if I'm forced to be tribal in some fxcking war, then Dale the Vegan Vince can fxck right off. Thanks.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:48 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:41 pm
bedwetter2 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:33 pm
Britains richest man owning our little club would be magnificent.
Fairy 'nuff. I feel you will be disappointed.
To be honest, Spotty and Wetty - while it would obviously be nice if it were he, it would be just as confusing as exciting. Bloke's bought the best bike team and tried for one of the best football clubs; if he then zoomed downmarket for us, what might that say of his mindset?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:49 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:46 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Me for one
He could have put forward his own complaint to the courts of his own making in the last two months.
He's an equally shifty cxnt as Our Ken. And if I'm forced to be tribal in some fxcking war, then Dale the Vegan Vince can fxck right off. Thanks.
Each to their own. But if Ken's the alternative on a split plebiscite, I'd vote Vince every single time. So might the players. And the pie-makers. And the stewards. And the hotel staff. And the police. And the council. And the St John's. And...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:55 pm

Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:49 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Me for one
Each to their own. But if Ken's the alternative on a split plebiscite, I'd vote Vince every single time. So might the players. And the pie-makers. And the stewards. And the hotel staff. And the police. And the council. And the St John's. And...
But we don't have to. Do we. This is where tribalism gets ridiculous. Ken and Vince are pricks. Do I need to have to decide who is the biggest?
I'm also pretty fxcking sure that the players, the hotel staff, the police and every other Fxcker has an alternative to what every other Fxcker thinks you HAVE TO DO.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:58 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:55 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Me for one
But we don't have to. Do we. This is where tribalism gets ridiculous. Ken and Vince are pricks. Do I need to have to decide who is the biggest?
I'm also pretty fxcking sure that the players, the hotel staff, the police and every other Fxcker has an alternative to what every other Fxcker thinks you HAVE TO DO.
I take it you're abstaining. :D

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:00 pm

Take the pie makers...
Who forced them to make pies and sell them at a loss. Where do you decide a loss occurs. When do you decide that losses are more then you can bear...
Ken Is Not The Wicked Witch of the West!
It's not fiction. The piemakers could have stopped selling pies in the Macron months ago and diversified their sales elsewhere (but obviously not to Forest Green Rovers...)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:01 pm

Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:58 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:55 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Me for one
I take it you're abstaining. :D
Yes. :D
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください