Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:54 pm

Presumably at such point the overdue accounts will be released?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:03 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:30 pm
FWIW I think Ken’s going full bore Owen and Karl Oyston now...people need to be minded what they post.
Everybody at all times need to be minded what they post.
Doesn't mean you can't say what you think. You just need to be aware that sometimes what you think might not be legal...... :lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:07 pm

Jakerbeef wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:29 pm
Just this one. And I forget this password half the time.
You're obviously not Sluffy then.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:20 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:03 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:30 pm
FWIW I think Ken’s going full bore Owen and Karl Oyston now...people need to be minded what they post.
Everybody at all times need to be minded what they post.
Doesn't mean you can't say what you think. You just need to be aware that sometimes what you think might not be legal...... :lol:
Pretty much this. BBC presenter Rory Cellan-Jones once noted that he wouldn't tweet anything he wouldn't say on air; it's a reasonable thing to have in mind.

Libel is defined as damaging a person's reputation and is usually judged as to whether the alleged libel would reduce the complainant in the eyes of an "average" or typical person. It would be difficult, for example, to libel Myra Hindley. But the duty of proof falls on the defendant not the plaintiff, and there have been things said on here which I wouldn't type.

Also worth noting that TW (or WW, etc), as the forum, would be potentially imperilled by libel. Certainly, if any complaints are made, the thing to do is to take down any questionable material within a decent timeframe - 24hrs, by rule of thumb - to show willing... unless you're happy going to court against a millionaire who, as I say, doesn't have to prove anything.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:23 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:20 pm
Libel is defined as damaging a person's reputation and is usually judged as to whether the alleged libel would reduce the complainant in the eyes of an "average" or typical person. It would be difficult, for example, to libel Myra Hindley. But the duty of proof falls on the defendant not the plaintiff, and there have been things said on here which I wouldn't type.

Also worth noting that TW (or WW, etc), as the forum, would be potentially imperilled by libel. Certainly, if any complaints are made, the thing to do is to take down any questionable material within a decent timeframe - 24hrs, by rule of thumb - to show willing... unless you're happy going to court against a millionaire who, as I say, doesn't have to prove anything.
I think you have up to 5 days to decide whether you stick or twist on removal (rather than just 24 hours), due to the transitory nature of the participants.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:26 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:23 pm
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:20 pm

I think you have up to 5 days to decide whether you stick or twist on removal (rather than just 24 hours), due to the transitory nature of the participants.
Fair enough. I wouldn't hang about, though. Libel is often on the judge's caprice, so I'd play nice.

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:47 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:07 pm
Jakerbeef wrote:
I might not be referring to Sluffy here, but there are some proper specimens on that site. :D A lot of wood for the trees going on.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:10 pm

I'd still nut him if I ever came across him
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:29 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jakerbeef wrote:
Sluffy? Now there's a name from the depths. Is he still.....being Sluffy?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:43 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:29 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jakerbeef wrote:
Sluffy? Now there's a name from the depths. Is he still.....being Sluffy?
As I was traveling back through the interminable Howard posts on that other place, he regularly popped up. He seemed to be a Ken fan. One of a kind. So, I suppose, yup. Personally speaking I never did get why so many had it in for him... (No. I'm not related :lol: ).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:45 pm

Given she's dead, I can confirm it would be very difficult indeed to libel Myra Hindley :D!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:46 pm

It always seemed a Nonsense to me to punish a club for having a shit owner.
It's like the government saying "if your high street shops are losing money, we'll take your shops away". Right, that'll help!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:47 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:45 pm
Given she's dead, I can confirm it would be very difficult indeed to libel Myra Hindley :D!
I could give it a fxcking good go. The spastic faced cxnt.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:55 pm

That is interesting, and certainly a positive for where we are potentially heading.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:00 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Ha! Well, quite. I was trying to think of an unquestionable baddie and reached back through time.
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:46 pm
It's like the government saying "if your high street shops are losing money, we'll take your shops away". Right, that'll help!
I agree, but as is so often the case with the League, it's the law of unintended consequences.

About a decade ago there was a lot of complaints that clubs were briefly dipping into admin to junk their debts and start again at an unfair advantage; Leicester were a much-cited case. (I don't think they ever did pay up the final instalment for the stadium they on the title in.)

So the League decided admin brought an automatic points deduction (not always 12, IIRC, to start with) to take effect that season. So clubs started buggering about with that - I think Boston went into admin during a game they were about to get relegated in; Ken Bates' Leeds went into admin on the last weekend of the season. So then came the "fourth Thursday in March" rule. And here we are.

This EFL ruling for Blackpool is interestingly transigent, considering the Birmingham thing. I'm not saying right or wrong, but obviously they're examining on case merit rather than just generally Acting Hard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:08 pm

Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:00 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Ha! Well, quite. I was trying to think of an unquestionable baddie and reached back through time.
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:46 pm
I agree, but as is so often the case with the League, it's the law of unintended consequences.

About a decade ago there was a lot of complaints that clubs were briefly dipping into admin to junk their debts and start again at an unfair advantage; Leicester were a much-cited case. (I don't think they ever did pay up the final instalment for the stadium they on the title in.)

So the League decided admin brought an automatic points deduction (not always 12, IIRC, to start with) to take effect that season. So clubs started buggering about with that - I think Boston went into admin during a game they were about to get relegated in; Ken Bates' Leeds went into admin on the last weekend of the season. So then came the "fourth Thursday in March" rule. And here we are.

This EFL ruling for Blackpool is interestingly transigent, considering the Birmingham thing. I'm not saying right or wrong, but obviously they're examining on case merit rather than just generally Acting Hard.
And I agree, that this is a good development. One that potentially gives us a bit of a lifeline. I understand why the punishment originated too. The problem was that it was so easy to get around through other loopholes that it left the truly incontinent to piss their pants whilst others swapped nappies at an ever increasing rate.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:12 pm

Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:00 pm

The key might be in the wording;

" so as not to have an advantage over well run clubs"

The EFL have finally realised that there are no well run clubs. Just clubs with differing size of debts :)
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:33 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:58 am
lionofvienna wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:06 am
WW seem to have now restricted the site to members only
I am a member and know my username but have forgotten my password and the email address i used to create the account.
The thread on there about KA's attempts to sell the club were sometimes entertaining and occasionally informative
As a chartered accountant for over 50 years I learned to read most with a pinch of salt
A bit cheeky but does anyone have a contact I could email to get my account restored
Thanks
I'm still registered. DM me your username and email and I'll ask on your behalf.
You have a message

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:37 pm

Parky saying the chief scout hasn't been paid for 3 (?) months and can no longer afford to put fuel in his car. The downward spiral continues
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"