Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by jmjhb » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:12 am

This is just Anderson deflecting the blame. Still all on him

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:34 am

You would have thought, given Bassini's courting of the press and his love of displaying "facts" that it would be fairly easy for him to evidence the million pound transaction...

This is going to be more entertainment than the football... Unfortunately at our expense.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:44 am

Bassini clearly is just a Walter Mitty.

We are now well and truly fecked.

The final indignation for me personally was that they took money from my account yesterday, then told us that today's game's off on the same day.
c*nts won't be doing that again. Cancelled the DD last night. That's me out.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:28 pm

I relinquished my DD a few months ago. I did get phone calls and a letter but, I simply ignored them

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:43 pm

quite a well written statement from the club for a change - clearly written by the lawyers though...

One party - or I guess possibly both - is clearly lying through their teeth, and I have no idea which side to believe to be honest?

Bassini on the Sky interview seemed to be shitting himself like a school boy up for a bollocking from the Head Master - be intrrtesting to see what body language experts thought of his performance. There's a lot of accusations in this morning's club statements that go against Basssini's view, and I would have thought would have to be largely true to not have the club exposed for libel.

Either way we are clearly screwed though - might be easier and better for all if the course just step in a put us to sleep and put us all out of our misery....

piesrus
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by piesrus » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:51 pm

Statement is from Anderson; of that I have no doubt. It should be taken with an enormous pinch of salt.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:17 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:43 pm
quite a well written statement from the club for a change - clearly written by the lawyers though...

One party - or I guess possibly both - is clearly lying through their teeth, and I have no idea which side to believe to be honest?

Bassini on the Sky interview seemed to be shitting himself like a school boy up for a bollocking from the Head Master - be intrrtesting to see what body language experts thought of his performance. There's a lot of accusations in this morning's club statements that go against Basssini's view, and I would have thought would have to be largely true to not have the club exposed for libel.

Either way we are clearly screwed though - might be easier and better for all if the course just step in a put us to sleep and put us all out of our misery....
The thing is Anderson is doing what he always does. Blame someone else. That instantly raises a red flag with me. Bassini has a screw loose but to me sounded like he genuinely believed the nonsense he was coming out with.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:20 pm

piesrus wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:51 pm
Statement is from Anderson; of that I have no doubt. It should be taken with an enormous pinch of salt.
On behalf of Anderson, and no doubt at the order of Anderson, yes. Written by Anderson - I think not given the factual tone and compared to previous inane ramblings...

I know what you mean about take it with a pinch of salt, but there's a lot in there that could be grounds for legal action if bullshit - read to me very much like a lawyer's paraphrasing of an angry man's rant.....

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:22 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:17 pm
dave the minion wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:43 pm

The thing is Anderson is doing what he always does. Blame someone else. That instantly raises a red flag with me. Bassini has a screw loose but to me sounded like he genuinely believed the nonsense he was coming out with.
Bassini was shitting himself and stuttered incoherently through the interview I thought. Maybe he talks like that anyway, but I thought he looked like a rabbit in the headlights and was panicking with every answer he gave.

On the other hand, if what I thought was the case, why agree to the interview in the first place I suppose?

Irrespective of who's right and who's wrong, whole thing is a massive shower of shit unfortunately.....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:26 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:12 am
This is just Anderson deflecting the blame. Still all on him
I totally agree ( can't be denied) K.A. is the fox in the chicken coop for his arrogance and chance-gambling, but the whole thing is a shining example of a supermarket shelf stacker (said with no lack of respect for such, just an example) buying a Porsche or like supercar, signing the papers and then realising he has not the faintest chance of ever being able to afford to use or maintain it. His only option after the initial madness is to try and sell and then be left scrambling to pay off the difference without going bankrupt. Is Bassini also just another shelf stacker?

Thus again with Real differences being a single person victim against the livings of hundreds. In Bolton's case, the damage was done long before the gambling man got anywhere near it. Bad management and Porsche dreaming on a Fiat Uno bank account was never going to work. Why a shrewd businessman like Eddie Davies allowed things to get to this stage is baffling both on his own behalf and the club's. Phil Gartside (also, like Eddie, sadly deceased and not speaking ill of the dead) must have seen the direction we were heading in yet it was allowed to carry on? Sam (Oliver Twist) Allardyce was still asking for more as we drained steadily away, but at least we had the Premier League money. Where we are now hasn't happened overnight. The baffling thing is why the suits (owners, directors, bean counters and target setters and shareholders) seemed to think it would all be right on washday and the worker ants would just keep on working. Looks like they were all badly wrong. Spartacus will be a lone warrior against all the "not my fault" gladiators scuttling away. Meanwhile, the club, players and spectators are the real victims while the Neros trot off to fiddle elsewhere whilst other targets burn.

K.A has really shown his true colours and they ain't white.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:33 pm

Since Ken regularly called out potential buyers as tyre kickers, having seen Bassini on the box yesterday, what persuaded him that this was a serious businessman?

For all the mud slinging now, surely, ultimately, the buck stops with a guy who's now dead?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:31 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:34 am
You would have thought, given Bassini's courting of the press and his love of displaying "facts" that it would be fairly easy for him to evidence the million pound transaction...

This is going to be more entertainment than the football... Unfortunately at our expense.
He did have a fax in his pocket tbf!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:44 pm

Close of play Monday. Another 48 hours.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:49 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:44 pm

And then Ken will "have to consider exercising the alternative options available to me." In other words, begin the process for administration or liquidation.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:52 pm

So previously numerous interested parties were apparently not allowed to enter negotiations due to not having supplied proof of funds or being "tyre-kickers".

Bassini not only got past the initial steps but has been sold a 94.5% shareholding two weeks after entering negotiations where he has failed to provide any funding and constantly switched lawyers and was seemingly so difficult to deal with.

I wonder why?

Martin_Cruise
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Martin_Cruise » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:58 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:49 pm

And then Ken will "have to consider exercising the alternative options available to me." In other words, begin the process for administration or liquidation.
Me me me, what a selfish tvvat.No apology for the Brentford match being cancelled or people not being paid.
It seems the staff won't be paid on the 30th meaning the council/police might not allow a match to be played even if the under 18s were prepared to turn out v Brentford.

piesrus
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by piesrus » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:07 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:49 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:44 pm

Or sell to someone else .... hopefully.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:09 pm

It'll be admin, when the Basran consortium (ft. Michael James) will pick us up for next to nowt, if rumours are to be believed

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:13 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:33 pm
For all the mud slinging now, surely, ultimately, the buck stops with a guy who's now dead?

Sadly, indeed it must. Both of them.

BWFC was a basket case long before Our Ken wheeled his barrow through the front door.