Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu May 09, 2019 2:03 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:14 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:24 am
This is... interesting. Ken's now claiming he's filed for admin, which (as I understand it) gives him a bit more control but costs him more. There's notably careful delineation between BWFC and Burnden Leisure, although perhaps accidentally careful, considering they can't even spell "Fildraw" correctly. (The club, not Domingos. Although come to think of it, 'Domingos' sounds a bit like a terrible 70s nightclub.)

I'd be very intrigued to hear what sharper minds than mine think of this. At moments like these I'm glad Worthy's back aboard.

But it feels ominously like manoeuvring.
No, I think you are right: Domingo's definitely sounds like a terrible 70s nightclub. You don't need Worthy to confirm this.

Tony Domingos is my nod to Steve Coogan's ficticious Portuguese 80s style crooner Tony Ferrino.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Super Dave
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Super Dave » Thu May 09, 2019 2:08 pm

Leeds fan here in peace.....

First off, I've got no axe to grind with Bolton and think it's terrible what has happened to you over the last few years. Facing bankruptcy and relegation while a bloke called Ken calls the shots from his villa abroad is something we know all too well. I sincerely hope that what comes next isn't what happened to us - we were asset stripped and our future incomes mortgaged all to pay some offshore company "management fees" and it was over a decade before we got a decent owner and our finances were unravelled.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu May 09, 2019 2:50 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:53 am
officer_dibble wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:45 am
“Flidraw” - wtf?

Sounds like a battle of sorts now - is there some way there is ambiguity as to who can pocket what funds from a sale in admin? The three way split won’t help.

I’d give more than a penny for Michael James thoughts on Ken the c**t.
How much more? £45m or so?
A tenner more than I’d currently give the supporters trust I think!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu May 09, 2019 2:53 pm

Super Dave wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:08 pm

First off, I've got no axe to grind with Bolton and think it's terrible what has happened to you over the last few years. Facing bankruptcy and relegation while a bloke called Ken calls the shots from his villa abroad is something we know all too well. I sincerely hope that what comes next isn't what happened to us - we were asset stripped and our future incomes mortgaged all to pay some offshore company "management fees" and it was over a decade before we got a decent owner and our finances were unravelled.
Funnily enough I have been comparing our Ken to your Ken for a while. The way they control the club, the banning of local media and ever increasing mental ness behind statements on the website is eerily familiar. Live and work in the Leeds area and know lots of their fans (most of them reasonable!) so I’m rooting for you in the play offs which I may well be unique for on here.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Thu May 09, 2019 3:12 pm

Super Dave wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:08 pm

I sincerely hope that what comes next isn't what happened to us - we were asset stripped and our future incomes mortgaged all to pay some offshore company "management fees" and it was over a decade before we got a decent owner and our finances were unravelled.
Thank Super Dave, appreciate yr comments.

I think this was very much where we were heading w. the Bassini mob (some rando nutter fronting some mystery offshore consortium).

While we are _a long_ way from any kind of security, him being out the frame certainly feels like, at least temporarily, some kind of reprieve (though of course the above is pretty much what's been happening the last 3 years anyhow).

Our loathing of this "waste of blood" Ken knows no bounds (you probably feel similar about yr own but ours is a little rawer right now :shock: )

Be great to just be back into thinking about football again, which has really been a sideshow most of this year (although just had a vicious flashback to the pastings you lot meted out to us this last season - shudder).

We're still here though, the fight goes on...

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu May 09, 2019 3:58 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:24 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:16 pm
In a message very likely written by Ken, on the subject of Ken, but purporting not be from Ken (club statement as opposed to kolumn), Ken (first mover, cares about long term supporters / loyal staff #puke) is portrayed in a better light than EDT (issued demand notice).

I hear:

"Just in case it wasn't clear, I am still here and am still driving the bus".
I think you are getting overly paranoid.
Are you following me?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu May 09, 2019 4:34 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 3:58 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
In a message very likely written by Ken, on the subject of Ken, but purporting not be from Ken (club statement as opposed to kolumn), Ken (first mover, cares about long term supporters / loyal staff #puke) is portrayed in a better light than EDT (issued demand notice).

I hear:

Are you following me?
Damn. I thought I'd stuck to the shadows...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 09, 2019 4:43 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 4:34 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

I hear:

Are you following me?
Bruce Welch was furious...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 09, 2019 11:46 pm

Today's cunning question around the latest statement from me, is why the c**t put in notice of intent in his capacity of qualifying charge holder rather than as director of the sinking ship?

Wouldn't be to try and direct the proceedings in a manner that was to his benefit as someone owed money rather than as the person responsible for securing the future of the business? Surely not. Tw@t.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri May 10, 2019 8:17 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:46 pm
Today's cunning question around the latest statement from me, is why the c**t put in notice of intent in his capacity of qualifying charge holder rather than as director of the sinking ship?

Wouldn't be to try and direct the proceedings in a manner that was to his benefit as someone owed money rather than as the person responsible for securing the future of the business? Surely not. Tw@t.

I think you will find that Caring Ken "was left with no alternative to put us in administration to preserve the football club and all of its proud history". He clearly did it for the good of BWFC and for no other reason.

I feel really sorry as Caring Ken's good name "has been dragged through the media in such tawdry manner". It was clearly all gong so well untill Bassini came on the scene and ruined everything. It's all Laurance's fault and and not Ken's obviously.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Super Dave
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Super Dave » Fri May 10, 2019 8:33 am

Worthy4England wrote:

If I remember correctly, just before Ken Bates took Leeds into admin a large amount was "borrowed" by the club from what turned out to be a Ken Bates glove puppet which made him not only the owner but also a major creditor and therefore able to vote for a CVA which paid no one any amount of money of consequence, earning the wrath of the tax man and shafting dozens of small local companies. This also meant that he could carry on running the club but dump most of the debt. Because of this the EFL docked us 10 points for the end of one season and 15 for the next and was why the EFL changed the phoenix rules. Is any of this sounding familiar yet?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 10, 2019 8:44 am

Worthy4England wrote:

Seen on twitter that with a live WUP only a qualifying charge holder can place the business into admin....whether true or not I do not know....but might explain that wording?

Either way - this is the man who needed to pay back £5M to bluemarble, ED lent him the money then he pretended we were going into admin because the money wasn't there. The bloke's as dodgy as they come.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 10, 2019 10:17 am

Super Dave wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:33 am
Worthy4England wrote:

If I remember correctly, just before Ken Bates took Leeds into admin a large amount was "borrowed" by the club from what turned out to be a Ken Bates glove puppet which made him not only the owner but also a major creditor and therefore able to vote for a CVA which paid no one any amount of money of consequence, earning the wrath of the tax man and shafting dozens of small local companies. This also meant that he could carry on running the club but dump most of the debt. Because of this the EFL docked us 10 points for the end of one season and 15 for the next and was why the EFL changed the phoenix rules. Is any of this sounding familiar yet?
Didn't know about the borrowing/lending shenanigans but I did remember the suspect timing of going into admin - wasn't it the day before the final game? And the week after, Boston (going out of the League) filed for admin *during the last game*. No wonder the League changed the rules.

Heh, looking it up now and even the reports of going into admin say "Ken Bates will buy back the club immediately". Some neck.

Meanwhile, former Port Vale owner Norman Smurthwaite said to be interested:

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/f ... rs-2852326

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri May 10, 2019 10:35 am

Blimey! Football clubs on their uppers appear to be a magnet for egotistical fkwits.
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 10, 2019 10:49 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:35 am
Blimey! Football clubs on their uppers appear to be a magnet for egotistical fkwits.
Tis usually thus.

I found that font extremely hard to read...

(Cheers, Super Dave)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 10, 2019 11:22 am

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri May 10, 2019 11:44 am

Thu May 09, 2019 4:43 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 4:34 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

I hear:

Are you following me?
Bruce Welch was furious...
Jeez... :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri May 10, 2019 11:49 am

Fri May 10, 2019 11:22 am

Wherever they are from, it's a long way to travel just to kick some tyres.
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri May 10, 2019 11:52 am

Fri May 10, 2019 10:49 am
TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:35 am
Tis usually thus.

I found that font extremely hard to read...

(Cheers, Super Dave)
That's fxcking terrible
The font, that is.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください