Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:36 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:59 am
...who knows what is in that man's brain.
Au contraire - I think we know exactly what's going on in his brain...

Guy's a sociopath.

Doesn't give a rats arse about us, the club, history etc. He'll take infamy over saviour any day.
This is all about his ego and his wallet. Forget everything else.

My hunch is liquidation will be started and we'll have 7 days to save the club. Or not. Though I'll go with a deal being then done, hopefully one that leaves KA shafted, but I bet he wont be - there'll be some sickening sweetener in there for the f~*ker, and we'll all be expected to be grateful. Bar steward will be able to retire off of us.

I'm starting to hate my football atm - this sucks more than anything previous, ever. Gonna be a long road back...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:48 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:03 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:Not only does it sound like Deano didn't have the cash, it also sounds like he borrowed his share at pay day loan rates, secured against the stadium. Whilst we owe Deano gratitude for having the desire to step in when he did, we probably dodged a bullet when his backers pulled out; Reid as manager, Nolan hauling himself around central midfield, and impending financial doom...
This absolutely....

But I do think that its time for the fans to be appreciative of KA and what he's done & is doing for the club - we need to move on from Holdsworth and get fully behind KA.
Bet someone has a :oops: over this early post :lol:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:53 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:18 am
Lots of speculation from seemingly informed people about the £8M - but then that adds a problem it means Basran needs £8M and the same people saying that is what KA owes say Basran doesn't have £8M....so if you believe one.....
Like I said yesterday, there's a difference between having the money and being prepared to hand it over. Maybe Basran doesn't want to pay a fiver for his £2.50 Dover sole, and is waiting for fishmonger Ken to blink.

To put it another way: this is the longest post-meal bill division in restaurant history. Ken's put a tenner down on the table knowing full well he had a starter and two drinks too. Basran's got his calculator out, Ken's in the bog wondering whether to sprint out of the door.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:00 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:53 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:18 am
Lots of speculation from seemingly informed people about the £8M - but then that adds a problem it means Basran needs £8M and the same people saying that is what KA owes say Basran doesn't have £8M....so if you believe one.....
Like I said yesterday, there's a difference between having the money and being prepared to hand it over. Maybe Basran doesn't want to pay a fiver for his £2.50 Dover sole, and is waiting for fishmonger Ken to blink.

To put it another way: this is the longest post-meal bill division in restaurant history. Ken's put a tenner down on the table knowing full well he had a starter and two drinks too. Basran's got his calculator out, Ken's in the bog wondering whether to sprint out of the door.
Like I say if you believe the £8M rumour then you also have to believe that the same source states that Basran hasn't got the money, went away to find it and hasn't come back yet. That they wanted to stagger payments with other creditors and all but moonshift agreed to that. Basran having the money right now would be surprising given what we know about the wealth of known backers and the fact that the source claims the cheapest way to do the deal was buy the debt outright. Talk is that buying from admin will be much more expensive because of new EFL rules on admin settlements....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:13 am

From what I've seen, admin may not be an option if there's nobody to pay the considerable bills (or prove they've got the wherewithal to keep the corpse twitching for three months). In that case we're looking at liquidation, at which point nobody's buying even a League One club. It's a bit Fork Handles if Basran's bunch wanted a northern Premier League club and ended up with a Northern Premier League one. Although presumably he could afford that.

If we're liquidated, surely Ken (secured creditor or not) gets a smaller bunce than Basran might offer today/tomorrow. But I may be wrong.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:15 am

Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:13 am
From what I've seen, admin may not be an option if there's nobody to pay the considerable bills (or prove they've got the wherewithal to keep the corpse twitching for three months). In that case we're looking at liquidation, at which point nobody's buying even a League One club. It's a bit Fork Handles if Basran's bunch wanted a northern Premier League club and ended up with a Northern Premier League one. Although presumably he could afford that.

If we're liquidated, surely Ken (secured creditor or not) gets a smaller bunce than Basran might offer today/tomorrow. But I may be wrong.
If Basran hasn't got the money the issue might be simply that he cannot come to agreement with creditors and pass the EFL tests.....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:28 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:15 am

If Basran hasn't got the money the issue might be simply that he cannot come to agreement with creditors and pass the EFL tests.....
I think it's a little alarmist to suddenly decide Basran's a pauper. Them as has money, generally don't burn it fast.

If Ken wants to avoid admin/liquidation (because he wants more bunce), and Basran wants to avoid admin (because he can't afford three months' wages), then they'll find an agreement.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:35 am

Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:28 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:15 am

I think it's a little alarmist to suddenly decide Basran's a pauper. Them as has money, generally don't burn it fast.

If Ken wants to avoid admin/liquidation (because he wants more bunce), and Basran wants to avoid admin (because he can't afford three months' wages), then they'll find an agreement.
Not saying its the case, merely that seemingly informed voices reckon that is the situation. Whether they are right or not, we'll find out.

Same informed voices saying admin not an option so takeover or liquidation.....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:43 am

Indeed. Nixon seems confident Bas has the cash, he's just outpokering Ken. But if we hop straight over admin to liquidation then at some point he has to play his hand too.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:47 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:35 am

Pardon my naivety, but if the Basran character can't afford three months wages, then what is he doing buying a football club with it's balls tied to a daisy and is he the answer to our prayers? Just asking like..??
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:50 am

Enoch wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:39 am
TonyDomingos wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:58 am
We've had enough of the cowboys; time for an Indian.

Brill.

Though you might have done batter!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:52 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:47 am
DSB not BWFCi wrote:
Pardon my naivety, but if the Basran character can't afford three months wages, then what is he doing buying a football club with it's balls tied to a daisy and is he the answer to our prayers? Just asking like..??
I wondered if anybody would ask that :D

I don't believe he can't afford it.

But even if that were true, we're at the same stage as March 2016: searching for someone, anyone, who can take over. Otherwise it's the end. Three days is better than no days.

I also think it'll be easier to find investors once Ken's out of the picture - but first things first.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:54 am

The cost of admin is not just 3 months running costs - its also paying off secured creditors and at least 25% of unsecured creditors according to EFL rules. This is substantially above £10M.....And potentially more expensive than the deal Basran was trying to do....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:58 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:54 am
The cost of admin is not just 3 months running costs - its also paying off secured creditors and at least 25% of unsecured creditors according to EFL rules. This is substantially above £10M.....And potentially more expensive than the deal Basran was trying to do....
...so he'll want to come back to the table before the court time. What's less clear is whether Ken will. Depends how much he can make. I remain far from convinced that he'll let us liquidate, even if his intervention comes through greed rather than concern.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:00 pm

Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:58 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:54 am
...so he'll want to come back to the table before the court time. What's less clear is whether Ken will. Depends how much he can make. I remain far from convinced that he'll let us liquidate, even if his intervention comes through greed rather than concern.
He might. IF he can. We're listening to one argument of "if Basran had the money he'd have done a deal with moonshift direct" vs Nixon maintaining he has the cash. We can only hope Nixon is right. But he doesn't appear to have much evidence beyond the usual journalistic resort of "he's been here a long time he must have enough backing".....

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:06 pm

I see Sky Sports are running with the 'breaking news' that the takeover is off :roll:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:10 pm

if Basran's bunch wanted a northern Premier League club and ended up with a Northern Premier League one.
Bravo sir! Making me laugh on another worrying day :D
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:34 pm

Looks like we might get lunch before the winder is heard - not before 11:30 tomorrow....The condemned man ate a hearty meal...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:36 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:06 pm
I see Sky Sports are running with the 'breaking news' that the takeover is off :roll:
Elsewhere in that organisation, Ken plays his usual card: :roll:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:41 pm

Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:36 pm
jmjhb wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:06 pm
Elsewhere in that organisation, Ken plays his usual card: :roll:
Perhaps he intends to pay the bill? :shock: