Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:43 pm

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/2016 ... 99718.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Blimey!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:12 pm

But there is not, I repeat not, any boardroom feud. In fact nothing could be further from the truth. Lol.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:14 pm

It'll all end in tears, mark my words!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:15 pm

Did we need that update?

I like the open approach, but this verges on unnecessary airing of dirty laundry in public.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:40 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Did we need that update?

I like the open approach, but this verges on unnecessary airing of dirty laundry in public.
Do you not think this is way through the other side of "verging to wash our dirty laundry?" It reads to me like an "I want to be quite clear, despite what someone else might be saying that the situation is as follows...."

The Blumarble thing...I keep coming back to this being part of a "problem" although I'm not quite sure why. If it's nowt to do with the Club, why is it listed on Companies House as being a Charge against Burnden Leisure. I know the facility is provided to Sports Shield from the document, but if it's registered as a Charge against Burnden Leisure then surely that's a Charge against the Club not Sports Shield....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:39 pm

Worthy4England wrote:

Do you not think this is way through the other side of "verging to wash our dirty laundry?" It reads to me like an "I want to be quite clear, despite what someone else might be saying that the situation is as follows...."

The Blumarble thing...I keep coming back to this being part of a "problem" although I'm not quite sure why. If it's nowt to do with the Club, why is it listed on Companies House as being a Charge against Burnden Leisure. I know the facility is provided to Sports Shield from the document, but if it's registered as a Charge against Burnden Leisure then surely that's a Charge against the Club not Sports Shield....
Yea. The loan is to sports shield, but the assets are that of Burnden leisure. So like you I'm not really sure what Ken means. I wonder if Deano has to pay some sort of money to Blumarble, to get out of this. Like an early repayment fee on the mortgage. Sommat like that. Before Ken can refinance the deal elsewhere as he mentions. That is just a guess though.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:07 pm

Well done yet again KA....

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:24 pm

Personally I like the clarity, and I appreciate this update. Given we are entering into the JTW there are bound to be lots of questions involving money and the running of the club. Given the precarious and complex nature of our finances, and the unclear situation at the top of the club, and recent conflicting statements, not to mention still not meeting our statutory obligations, imho we definitely needed some clarity. And supporters simply have a right to know this stuff. This involves the viability of the club!!

It is very interesting to me that the Blumarble loan is to Sports Shield, and the DH part of the buyout was a Sports Shield loan to BWFC. Is it both loans that are secured against the stadium? Anyway I am thankful for this update. I am very confused about why we apparently haven't paid the Ameobi loan fee that we negotiated, but then we aren't allowed to pay loan fees under the embargo?? :conf:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:40 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

Personally I like the clarity, and I appreciate this update. Given we are entering into the JTW there are bound to be lots of questions involving money and the running of the club. Given the precarious and complex nature of our finances, and the unclear situation at the top of the club, and recent conflicting statements, not to mention still not meeting our statutory obligations, imho we definitely needed some clarity. And supporters simply have a right to know this stuff. This involves the viability of the club!!

It is very interesting to me that the Blumarble loan is to Sports Shield, and the DH part of the buyout was a Sports Shield loan to BWFC. Is it both loans that are secured against the stadium? Anyway I am thankful for this update. I am very confused about why we apparently haven't paid the Ameobi loan fee that we negotiated, but then we aren't allowed to pay loan fees under the embargo?? :conf:
I think we are getting half a story re Ameobi. Hope this is just Ken's masterful negotiation tactics at play.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:43 pm

Yes, I think so. OK, maybe not "need", but I for one appreciate the transparency. How much of that was there under PG & ED?

If we have dirty laundry to air, then I'd rather it be aired, personally.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:54 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Yes, I think so. OK, maybe not "need", but I for one appreciate the transparency. How much of that was there under PG & ED?

I'd rather we crack on with the Persil, personally. I appreciate the openness, but I strongly suspect that the major players are currently spinning to protect their own images as much as the club's. Will Ken be so willingly open when it doesn't suit him? As usual, we'll see in time.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:37 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I'd rather we crack on with the Persil, personally. I appreciate the openness, but I strongly suspect that the major players are currently spinning to protect their own images as much as the club's. Will Ken be so willingly open when it doesn't suit him? As usual, we'll see in time.
That's where I landed too... :-)

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:03 pm

how much of a cvnt does Deano look!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:10 am

I'm all for transparency when it comes to things like the Macron deal being sorted, changes to the board and even the fact we'll be getting even shitter beer. It's only when the rest of his statements read like 3am Facebook posts passive aggressively aimed at an ex missus that I begin to doubt that this is all for the benefit of the club.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:43 am

plymouth wanderer wrote:how much of a cvnt does Deano look!
Its certainly making him look like a complete amateur....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:45 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Agree with the transparency being good. It is the latter points that I feel aren't a good use of the club website. Trying to score points against Deano.

EDIT: And I'm not saying KA isn't right. It may be that without him we'd be royally screwed. Just that it isn't all that professional, putting that sort of thing out through an "official" channel. IMO.

But it is nice to get regular updates. So I guess we can't have it both ways entirely.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:10 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Agree with the transparency being good. It is the latter points that I feel aren't a good use of the club website. Trying to score points against Deano.

EDIT: And I'm not saying KA isn't right. It may be that without him we'd be royally screwed. Just that it isn't all that professional, putting that sort of thing out through an "official" channel. IMO.

But it is nice to get regular updates. So I guess we can't have it both ways entirely.
But in fairness, he is responding to questions asked.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:17 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Bit like Jeremy Corbyn. :wink:

I don't doubt that, but I guess he affords himself the luxury of being selective about which he answers. I think he's done a good job so far. But the big questions about viability going forwards, how we will fund things, where the money is going to come from, why he needs to buy out Deano, who do we owe money to still, etc etc are unanswered. Not that I blame him, just that imo there is a balance to these things and how the get presented.

I guess right now the biggest question is "have we paid all we owe for Ameobi, and if not, why not?"

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:56 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Bit like Jeremy Corbyn. :wink:

I don't doubt that, but I guess he affords himself the luxury of being selective about which he answers. I think he's done a good job so far. But the big questions about viability going forwards, how we will fund things, where the money is going to come from, why he needs to buy out Deano, who do we owe money to still, etc etc are unanswered. Not that I blame him, just that imo there is a balance to these things and how the get presented.

I guess right now the biggest question is "have we paid all we owe for Ameobi, and if not, why not?"
Surely this is blatently obvious - it's quite clear that Holdsworth isn't prepared to put any of his own money into the club and you can't have 2 major shareholders of which only one is willing to put the required cash into the club and the other won't put a penny in.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:47 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Surely this is blatently obvious - it's quite clear that Holdsworth isn't prepared to put any of his own money into the club and you can't have 2 major shareholders of which only one is willing to put the required cash into the club and the other won't put a penny in.
I mean, it isn't blatant. One can speculate. But given Ken's said he won't be financing the club himself (aside from short term wages etc) and intends to bring in investment, would be good to know why he and Dean cannot both be involved in that...I mean again I can guess....but there are multiple guesses.