Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:00 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:59 pm
I see that the c*nt's walked away with £240K. Then there's the small matter of the £5m he borrowed from ED which the EDT have waived. Absolute c*nt.
£7.5M Bruce. The cheeky bastard.
Indeed. I just couldn't figure out if the additional £2.5m will have gone to specifically pay summat rather than Cunto Kenny having benefited.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:09 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I see that the c*nt's walked away with £240K. Then there's the small matter of the £5m he borrowed from ED which the EDT have waived. Absolute c*nt.
I'm in no way defending Anderson, but he's walked away with £240k not £7.5M, as most of the £7.5M he borrowed off EDT went to paying off the Bluemarble loan and the rest 'apparently' went into to running of the club. I may be wrong but I assume that its also saved FV £7.5M as its not as if FV have paid KA £7.5M & he's kept it and not paid it back to EDT.
Last edited by Bertie Wooster on Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:16 pm

did he use the £5m to pay off bluemarble ?
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:18 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:16 pm
did he use the £5m to pay off bluemarble ?
Yes that was my understanding, I've just edited the previous post

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:47 pm

K.A's financial dealings or position are of no interest to me and he's gone now..What I'll always remember is that he left players unpaid and on strike, and staff and creditors unpaid and brought the club to the brink of extinction and knew exactly what he was doing. That and the recently revealed attempts to thwart deals except to his own advantage as revealed by the administrators, show what he is as a man.

Your F.U attitude, Mr Anderton, to Bolton Wanderers is hereby returned with every bit as much interest as you screwed out of it all. Don't ever darken our doors again.

We can now again say with confidence, COME ON YOU WHITES[/b]... :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:24 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:09 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I'm in no way defending Anderson, but he's walked away with £240k not £7.5M, as most of the £7.5M he borrowed off EDT went to paying off the Bluemarble loan and the rest 'apparently' went into to running of the club. I may be wrong but I assume that its also saved FV £7.5M as its not as if FV have paid KA £7.5M & he's kept it and not paid it back to EDT.
So, basically EDT (rather than Mike James) shook their piggy bank to find the necessary coppers that FV didn't have...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:32 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:24 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
So, basically EDT (rather than Mike James) shook their piggy bank to find the necessary coppers that FV didn't have...
Yes it looks like it doesn't it, however I've no doubt that Michael James also ended up putting more in than he had anticipating - I wonder how much Nick Mason has contributed through Sharon Brittan ?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:55 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:32 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:24 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Yes it looks like it doesn't it, however I've no doubt that Michael James also ended up putting more in than he had anticipating - I wonder how much Nick Mason has contributed through Sharon Brittan ?
Don't know.
Is he, Nick Mason, formally part of FV(W)L, either as a director or in any other named capacity?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:56 pm

And how much of his loan from Eddie was siphoned off away from the club in fees etc? I doubt we'll ever find out given the complete lack of transparency in such matters.

And Tango, I get what you're saying about looking forward, but wouldn't you raise a glass if he was successfully prosecuted for something?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:01 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:56 pm
And how much of his loan from Eddie was siphoned off away from the club in fees etc? I doubt we'll ever find out given the complete lack of transparency in such matters.

And Tango, I get what you're saying about looking forward, but wouldn't you raise a glass if he was successfully prosecuted for something?
Like Day turns into Dale, I think Anderson gets unfairly traduced for stuff that wasn't necessarily of his making.
I get the relief that we've been saved. I don't get the venom towards somebody who actually kept us going for two interim years - or, rather, I do get the venom, especially about the wages, but I feel it is overhyped and unecessarily exaggerated venom.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:09 pm

LeverEnd wrote:

Unlikely to happen L.E, he's too street-smart for that. For me, as far as he's concerned now it's "Who?"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:17 pm

Who fecking cares. The c*nt is gone, we live on, time to talk about fecking football.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:18 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:01 pm
LeverEnd wrote:

Like Day turns into Dale, I think Anderson gets unfairly traduced for stuff that wasn't necessarily of his making.
I get the relief that we've been saved. I don't get the venom towards somebody who actually kept us going for two interim years - or, rather, I do get the venom, especially about the wages, but I feel it is overhyped and unecessarily exaggerated venom.
He kept us going. By failing to deliver on his promised investment, selling players until there were none left to fund losses and then ultimately just not paying anyone. He has chances to sell us but his own personal greed got in the way. He put a quid in and has walked away with far far too much.

The man them behaved appallingly and played on the good nature of others to make ridiculous demands during the administration process.

He has received a fraction a tiny minuscule fraction of the venom he deserves.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:31 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:18 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:

He kept us going. By failing to deliver on his promised investment, selling players until there were none left to fund losses and then ultimately just not paying anyone. He has chances to sell us but his own personal greed got in the way. He put a quid in and has walked away with far far too much.

The man them behaved appallingly and played on the good nature of others to make ridiculous demands during the administration process.

I agree. I see the Insolvency Practitioners association is investigating Bury and Dale. Let's hope Appleton sets them on Ken as well.
I'm happy to see us saved, course I am, but I rankles to see that c*nt walk away Scot free and richer.

Joggers Nipple
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Joggers Nipple » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:18 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:

This ^

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:13 pm

Can I be a little excited that Nick Mason (drummer of Pink Floyd) is in some way associated with BWFC? 😁

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:59 pm

The whole Anderson thing does tend to beg the question that, given his past history with football (supposedly factual and well documented) , he surely cant think he'll ever be able to be involved with any other football clubs ever again? I'm sure he'll rise again somewhere, but it surely will be a task?

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:09 am

It was clearly an opportunistic smash and grab operation on KA's part. Clearly no thought given to his future reputation, just grab as much as possible.

One point we should remember, he never got full control until September 2017. That is when he officially and finally elbowed out Deano. By September 2018 he was trying to put us in administration, by late August 2019, he was within hours of securing our liquidation. During that time we owed money to everybody we could owe money to, and our debt had gone from around £20m to around £40m, before the administrators started to deal with poor creditors who had to accept a fraction of what they were owed.

I think there is grounds there for recrimination and hopefully future investigation.

But luckily we survived and can move on. Sharon is already bringing in the cakes!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:49 pm

Is this statement doing the rounds legit then?

Doesn’t feel right, I was expecting one of his ear and peace mad bastard chairman’s notes...written by lawyers I reckon.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:59 am

Mmm-hmm. (Great typo.)

"Inner Circle Investments, Co. formerly owned by Ken Anderson, who Bolton fans think of so highly & now owned by Laurence Bassini, banned from football for 3 yrs & linked with Birmingham, settle mortgage with BVI based Moonshit Investments. All above board obvs"