Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:26 pm

The perfectionist in me demands a correctly titled thread for a saga that, I suspect, has a few more twists and turns in it yet.

How soon until the new investment arrives?

Will it buy us that elusive goal scoring centre forward?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by enrdentw » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:04 am

I live and work in Switzerland and when I found out that KA has a residence here I was interested to find out a little more about where....

And for anyone who is slightly interested;

Here it is; http://booking.gstaad.ch/gstfewo/en/acc ... ac2c0d8d/q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can't imagine he owns the whole chalet (est value 12million CHF approx. 10million GBP - one 4 bed flat within the chalet would be worth 2.8mil CHF).

It's very near Gstaad which is also a ski resort and a hotbed for the rich and famous. The Inner Circle business is actually registered at that address (according to Companies House).

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:11 am

Yup, to all of the above. I looked when he was "linked" with Club at registered office (chalet). I doubt he's personally short of a few Bob. Ploughing in the millions and being prepared to write it off, not at all convinced.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:09 am

gone up in my estimation. not many places on the globe id rather reside than Gstaad!!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:42 am

Swiss Toni appears to have paid the players' wages from his own pocket and postponed today's meeting with the FL.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... _steps_in/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:48 am

TonyDomingos wrote:Swiss Toni appears to have paid the players' wages from his own pocket and postponed today's meeting with the FL.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... _steps_in/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Excellent well done KA....yet again !

Sounds like Holdsworth didn't put a penny in of his own cash initially and still wasn't prepared to put any in now. He was bailed out by Ken at the initial take over when his 'so called' other investors backed out at the last minute, and Ken's had to sort out the mess again now.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:29 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:Swiss Toni appears to have paid the players' wages from his own pocket and postponed today's meeting with the FL.

Excellent well done KA....yet again !

Sounds like Holdsworth didn't put a penny in of his own cash initially and still wasn't prepared to put any in now. He was bailed out by Ken at the initial take over when his 'so called' other investors backed out at the last minute, and Ken's had to sort out the mess again now.
Interesting isn't it. The dramatis personae seemed to be:

Deano, a dreamer with good intentions but no cash; thought he had rich friends but they ran off
Ken, a charmer who may or may not be in it for the long term and seems to have access to genuine money

Neither is perfect and it wouldn't astonish me if the Ken thing turned sour but football's a brutal world and it's not the first team Deano's missed an open goal.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:35 am

Not only does it sound like Deano didn't have the cash, it also sounds like he borrowed his share at pay day loan rates, secured against the stadium. Whilst we owe Deano gratitude for having the desire to step in when he did, we probably dodged a bullet when his backers pulled out; Reid as manager, Nolan hauling himself around central midfield, and impending financial doom...

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:03 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:Not only does it sound like Deano didn't have the cash, it also sounds like he borrowed his share at pay day loan rates, secured against the stadium. Whilst we owe Deano gratitude for having the desire to step in when he did, we probably dodged a bullet when his backers pulled out; Reid as manager, Nolan hauling himself around central midfield, and impending financial doom...
This absolutely....

But I do think that its time for the fans to be appreciative of KA and what he's done & is doing for the club - we need to move on from Holdsworth and get fully behind KA.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:25 pm

Deano seemed to want to do the deal whatever. When his two backers pulled out, it seems like he just wanted to proceed any way he could. Which for us is just as well. But it has created a problem in that the loan he used is secured against the club's assets. And also has to agree to any change in share ownership. Which COULD still be a problem here if KA's reported dislike of the blumarble loan is true. Blumarble may fancy halting the deal to allow themselves to gain a controlling stake in the club. Hopefully not.

Also I do feel people need to somewhat change their thinking. It seems to me on here it is either a "pauper trying to buy a club he can't afford to run" or a "rich man prepared to invest". Neither is sustainable. What we need is someone who can raise cash in the short term to get us through to a point that the club can be run sustainably. Ken is not going to be paying out month on month (nor will any investors backing him) and that is not the end game. We might in the future be able to attract a rich sugar daddy, but right now its about nurdling along until we cut costs further and become self sustaining and hopefully being able to maintain on field progress too.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:00 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:right now its about nurdling along until we cut costs further and become self sustaining and hopefully being able to maintain on field progress too.
...which is obviously much easier typed than ticked off. According to Anderson (per BN) our projected annual operating loss has almost halved from "around £18.5m" to "somewhere between £9-10m" – or £750k-£833k per month. Given the 50% savings must have already eliminated much of the low-hanging financial fruit, how do we shave and save such an amount?

Player wages would be the obvious thing, and there are several players out of contract in June, some of whose salaries were leaked earlier this year. They include Spearing (£18kpw), Davies (18), Trotter (11), Dervite (9), Moxey (8.5), Madine (8), Wilson, Clayton, Buxton and Wheater. Losing the wages in brackets would save us £70,500 a week, or around £300,000 a month - not even half of our losses. Wilson and Clayton weren’t mentioned in the wages leak while Buxton and Wheater were (re-)signed by Ken’n’Parky, so you’d imagine (and in the latter cases expect) that their wages aren’t very high – which is all well and good, but wouldn’t really help us cut losses by not renewing them.

Even if we managed to palm off Darren Pratley (£14kpw to 2018) and Ben Amos (£16kpw to 2019) to some suckers, we’d still only be saving a total of £100,000 a week, around £430,000 a month, still just about half of our overspend. And we’d be left with a first-team squad consisting of Howard, Alnwick, Beevers, Derik, Vela, Chris Taylor, Jamie Proctor, Zach Clough and Conor Wilkinson.

I don't know what the answer is, but it seems we're still living way beyond our means. And it worries me that promotion, while all pleasant on the pitch, might be seen as a pecuniary panacea, a golden ticket out of debt. Far from it: competing in the Championship, against teams including those still engorged by the Premier League money-teat and those who are speculating wildly to get some of that action, requires investment way above our subsistence level - and, I suspect, Ken's. I still think his idea is to sell the club at a profit, looking as healthy as possible, preferably in the second tier. It's about as good as we can manage. It's far from the worst of our possible futures.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:45 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:Not only does it sound like Deano didn't have the cash, it also sounds like he borrowed his share at pay day loan rates, secured against the stadium. Whilst we owe Deano gratitude for having the desire to step in when he did, we probably dodged a bullet when his backers pulled out; Reid as manager, Nolan hauling himself around central midfield, and impending financial doom...
This absolutely....

But I do think that its time for the fans to be appreciative of KA and what he's done & is doing for the club - we need to move on from Holdsworth and get fully behind KA.
That Blumarble Loan. The Facility Agreement was with Sports Shield BWFC Ltd (which is bugger all to do with Anderson - Officers (1) Dean Holdsworth). The Loan was underwritten by Burnden Leisure which of course the Club is party to...

The article from Iles is worrying. We either need cost out or Anderson is Santa and will foot the excess.

Appreciative of where we are, yes. But as we've found out, it's not where you start...it's where you finish.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:22 pm

What the feck are we spending it on then?! Seems like we could get rid of the entire playing staff and still be making a loss.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:44 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:DSB put it better than I could. As much as I'd love us to be 'self-sustainable', and I've even said it myself in the past, being realistic we're probably not and I don't think it's a problem limited to just our club. I think that it's a wider problem in football, and how the business plans and finances currently do not function without significant investment from one or more owners or some form of prize income. I'm really curious if the bubble will eventually pop.
As long as their is a holy grail, people will never stop chasing it
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:46 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:
Prufrock wrote:What the feck are we spending it on then?! Seems like we could get rid of the entire playing staff and still be making a loss.
Players, coaching staff, backroom staff, non-coaching staff (e.g. admin, club store), maintenance fees, agent fees, loan repayments, bonuses, infrastructure investment, possibly rent (do we own the land that the stadium and training ground is on?) just off the top of my head. There's probably other areas that I've not thought of.

This article seems to indicate that neglecting transfer costs, only half of EPL clubs just about keep their head above water. Accounting for transfer fees, most clubs across all tiers seem to lose money.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26365955" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We also apparently owe Macron £150k... Assume it's a rebate/commission for the merchandise or we actually buy the merchandise off them at cost price and keep the profit, but feck me I've never heard of that before.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:54 pm

We owe Macron £150k in total. We owe somebody or somebodies (excluding players) £400k we can't afford, every single month. Hmmm.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:28 pm

Prufrock wrote:What the feck are we spending it on then?! Seems like we could get rid of the entire playing staff and still be making a loss.

KA did say that he has reduced losses from £18.5m pa, to £9m - £10m, "and we are still bringing that down". So he seems to be referring to the calendar year 2016, which includes the mess that he inherited at the start of the year and half the year with last seasons wage bill. Maybe if we had a full year at the current costs losses would be a lot less than £9m. Otherwise, it does seem to be the case that the operation is loss making without players and that is pretty startling. I remember from previous accounts when we were in the Prem our turnover never did support paying for the cost of the stadium, general costs, as well as a competitive Prem squad. We still have a pretty fancy set up at the Reebok, and a costly academy at Lostock, which costs way more than your average League1 set up with four basic stands in a small ground and no big academy facility. I doubt we are getting full value for the executive capacity we have at the Reebok. Basically, without the Prem money it seems we need a benefactor to survive which is pretty grim considering we are a long way from getting back there.

According to Iles twitter it is looking like Blumarble have agreed the KA takeover. So we can relax for a few months at least...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:29 am

That macron thing is odd! Why would we owe our sponsor?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:45 am

officer_dibble wrote:That macron thing is odd! Why would we owe our sponsor?
I wouldn't put anything past the old regime, what with their questionable decisions and deals.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:39 am

I'm wondering if we borrowed some money from macron to be honest. Having a stadium of a club who can't pay its wages being a bit of a PR disaster type deal.