Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:59 am

officer_dibble wrote:I'm wondering if we borrowed some money from macron to be honest. Having a stadium of a club who can't pay its wages being a bit of a PR disaster type deal.
We bought the shirts off them. Their sponsorship money is paid in installments.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:06 pm

They'll have the shirt off your back!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:50 am

throwawayboltonian wrote:I'm only in my late 20s
What the fck are you doing on here? Come back in 10 years! :lol:
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:11 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
throwawayboltonian wrote:I'm only in my late 20s
What the fck are you doing on here? Come back in 10 years! :lol:
Yeah we'll still need whipper snappers to abuse then.

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:07 pm

I presume the Macron money is them providing shirts to sell. The club sells the shirts then pays Macron.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:18 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:I presume the Macron money is them providing shirts to sell. The club sells the shirts then pays Macron.
Macron pay to sponsor us. They pay X amount in instalments. The club pays Macron to make our shirts.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:I presume the Macron money is them providing shirts to sell. The club sells the shirts then pays Macron.
Macron pay to sponsor us. They pay X amount in instalments. The club pays Macron to make our shirts.
And it sounds like that's not been happening.
May the bridges I burn light your way

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:45 am

I'm shocked that the EFL approved the takeover given that we were reportedly debt free and now look to have £30m of debt again. Can't see how we will ever break even. Depressing future

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:30 am

It's not like it's gone from £0 to £30,000,000 - half of that was owed to Eddie Davies all along. But this kind of misreading comes along whenever the Supporters' Trust start rattling their stick against the fence, as they are doing again (see BN).

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:17 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:It's not like it's gone from £0 to £30,000,000 - half of that was owed to Eddie Davies all along. But this kind of misreading comes along whenever the Supporters' Trust start rattling their stick against the fence, as they are doing again (see BN).
And another large chunk was borrowed by sports shield to fund buying the club. I mean clearly that was far from ideal, and KA is trying to renegotiate that loan, but what was the alternative?

Also the rest of the debt is the BN's "guesstimate" as to how much we lose a month. So whether that is actual debt, who knows, and where it is borrowed from again, we don't know.

Lot of words get bandied about like "sustainable". And ultimately I don't think anyone should want a football club run "sustainably" if that means running without outside investment. How many are by that definition, sustainable? I'd say very few. It is all about the risk of that investment and the end game. There was no end game with Eddie, as the value of the club declined rapidly as investment ran out.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:20 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:It's not like it's gone from £0 to £30,000,000 - half of that was owed to Eddie Davies all along. But this kind of misreading comes along whenever the Supporters' Trust start rattling their stick against the fence, as they are doing again (see BN).
The ST are a joke....these self elected morons running the ST have zero credibility & can't possibly be Bolton supporters, BWFC fans wouldn't be trying to do all they can to destabilise the club like these clowns are doing with this statement and previous ones just because KA wont give them a private meeting.

Someone with access to the media / BN should put out a statement that the majority of BWFC supporters do not agree with the ST ,and that they are not representative of the Bolton supporters.

Like 100's of other BWFC fans months ago I cancelled membership because they do not represent the Bolton fans.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:53 am

call me what you like - I like what the supporters trust are trying to achieve
I paid my subs and will pay again next year (if they ask for any)
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:55 am

nelson66 wrote:call me what you like - I like what the supporters trust are trying to achieve
I paid my subs and will pay again next year (if they ask for any)
What are they trying to achieve?

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:34 pm

financially stable, competent ownership
not too much to ask for after we were minutes away from going bump less than a year ago
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:37 pm

Genuine question: What problems do we have with the ST? I don't personally know them...

For it seems to me they acting the way we would want a ST to act, and the fact that they asking searching questions is a good thing?

The bear facts remain that our 2015 accounts should have been submitted by now, KA/DH should be putting in the money he pledged to as part of the conditions for them taking over, and it is very concerning we are significantly in debt, apart from the Eddie Davies debt, with two guys in charge who don't appear wealthy enough to cover it (maybe KA is, we don't know). Things may be progressing in the right direction with the KA buyout of DH and there may be little to worry about (feels unlikely) but asking the questions doesn't do any harm?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:42 pm

nelson66 wrote:financially stable, competent ownership
not too much to ask for after we were minutes away from going bump less than a year ago
Is that what a supporters trust, a) should be doing, b) are capable of doing?

To me it makes absolutely no sense for that to be their mission statement. They have absolutely no control over the ownership or running of the club as it stands. KA, if he gets Deano's shares can sell (or not) to whoever he likes.

The ST lost all my respect when they publically announced they wouldn't seek a chair on the board once the takeover went through. I mean why do something that would aid transparency, potentially add a supporters voice to the running of the club, and actually achieve something, when you can write strongly worded lists of questions based on an article published in the local news?

I cannot believe anyone takes them seriously. They are a politically motivated organisation that simply want to prevent anyone privately owning the club. They want a fan run, non-league club. That is the bottom line. They cannot talk about competency of ownership until they have at the very least, managed to show they can run a supporters trust in a professional and representative way. They have massively, massively failed to do that.

I will say this. If the supporters club ever own the club, that is the day I pack it all in.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:46 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:Genuine question: What problems do we have with the ST? I don't personally know them...

For it seems to me they acting the way we would want a ST to act, and the fact that they asking searching questions is a good thing?

The bear facts remain that our 2015 accounts should have been submitted by now, KA/DH should be putting in the money he pledged to as part of the conditions for them taking over, and it is very concerning we are significantly in debt, apart from the Eddie Davies debt, with two guys in charge who don't appear wealthy enough to cover it (maybe KA is, we don't know). Things may be progressing in the right direction with the KA buyout of DH and there may be little to worry about (feels unlikely) but asking the questions doesn't do any harm?
If they'd worked to establish board membership, instead of childishly dismissing it then maybe they'd not need to ask questions?

I have no issue with a ST working towards more transparency. I do have an issue with one who clearly just want to be as antagonistic as possible and petulant about the fact they didn't get to own the club and run it like a bloody Sunday pub team.

A ST should NOT be primarily about trying to own the club. It should be a voice for fans with the club and working with the owners, not constantly trying to score cheap points in public.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:50 pm

Trouble with them, is that I get the impression that they WANT current ownership to go tits up, so they can say they told us so.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:55 pm

There's clearly an image problem with the ST. Whether the perception of people like Boris, Insane, PT etc is right or not, quite a few people seem to have it.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:04 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:There's clearly an image problem with the ST. Whether the perception of people like Boris, Insane, PT etc is right or not, quite a few people seem to have it.
This is true - I'm sorta quite supportive of the notion of a ST, but haven't stumped up a tenner, as I'm still not sure what approximately they're thinking of doing with it.