Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:54 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:I'm guessing the Accounts won't be out "by the end of the month" then... :-)

It does sound like most things are progressing albeit maybe not as quick as we'd like. The real big bugbear looks to be the arrangement with KA/DH/Blumarble.
Really? It sounds to me like the complete opposite. None of this can be sorted till the Blumarble/sports shield issue is. IF that is going to court, how long will that take to resolve? And how do we finance the club in the meantime. Given Ken's re-financing options appear to hinge on him owning all the shares.

That doesn't sound like it is happening anything like how Ken originally painted it. And whilst clearly Ken isn't to blame, how long can he keep paying the wage bill for out of his own pocket?
Always interesting to see folks' interpetations. Worthy's glass is half-full; BWFCi's glass is completely full... of piss. :D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:07 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:I'm guessing the Accounts won't be out "by the end of the month" then... :-)

It does sound like most things are progressing albeit maybe not as quick as we'd like. The real big bugbear looks to be the arrangement with KA/DH/Blumarble.
Really? It sounds to me like the complete opposite. None of this can be sorted till the Blumarble/sports shield issue is. IF that is going to court, how long will that take to resolve? And how do we finance the club in the meantime. Given Ken's re-financing options appear to hinge on him owning all the shares.

That doesn't sound like it is happening anything like how Ken originally painted it. And whilst clearly Ken isn't to blame, how long can he keep paying the wage bill for out of his own pocket?
Always interesting to see folks' interpetations. Worthy's glass is half-full; BWFCi's glass is completely full... of piss. :D
:-) I wasn't suggesting that the whole house of cards couldn't be bought tumbling by the KA/DH/Blumarble thing....I was just suggesting that it looked like that some of the other things were progressing. :-)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:06 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:.

All in all this is the kind of update I personally want to see from KA, so credit to him for that. We are clearly still in a big mess.
Not for me, because I don't ever believe a word he says or writes.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:29 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

:-) I wasn't suggesting that the whole house of cards couldn't be bought tumbling by the KA/DH/Blumarble thing....I was just suggesting that it looked like that some of the other things were progressing. :-)
Do you not feel that the fact that KA says the deals between sports shield and the club and between blumarble and sports shield are both likely to end up in court proceedings essentially makes any other progress null and void? He effectively confirms we are in financial limbo until those get sorted. But that could be a year. Or more.

I know I have a reputation for doomongering on here. But struggling to see, beyond a noble attempt at honesty from Ken, much to be glad of there. Meanwhile Heathcotes are taking the club to court over non payment.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:39 pm

LeverEnd wrote:

All in all this is the kind of update I personally want to see from KA, so credit to him for that. We are clearly still in a big mess.
Aye. I think it's worth remembering that this is just one side of the story.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:26 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:

Aye. I think it's worth remembering that this is just one side of the story.
I definitely agree that this is very likely to be embellished to be as pro KA as possible. On the other hand he is committing words to print that can't be deleted so he will have to be accountable for the fundamental messages he is giving out. And at least he is putting stuff out there for us to discuss, and not believe, or believe, which to me is positive.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:56 pm

Reading the very first few lines of that, my first thought would be to watch what you say, if things keep going south we may end up with the Blackpool scenario, it is obvious social media is being monitored.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:39 pm

More from Ken, official site:
Although we don’t like to air our dirty laundry in public, I feel as if I have to make a response to the statement Paul Heathcote issued on a social media site on Monday evening and to the notices that were placed by his staff within the Pure Bar at Whites.

I have noted the comments he has made and I acknowledge his support of BWFC for a number of years. Hopefully, he will continue to do so.

As regards, his comments concerning non-payment, I would make the following observations:

When I first met with Paul, Gary Bates and David Cura back in March 2016, I explained to them that our senior management team and several of the previous board had brought to my attention that they had found that the Special Catering Company (SCC) agreement was virtually unworkable commercially.

Since then, there have been numerous meetings and discussions but unfortunately, to date, no real progress has been made.

Obviously, I have to be careful just how much I say here, but I would mention that SCC have opted not to pay capex (capital expenditure) monies due to us of circa £120,000 in accordance with the agreement and despite numerous pledges made, over many months.

This has culminated in us choosing not to pay them monies totaling a similar amount to the capex monies due to us. The contract does not mention being able to set off the capex monies against the trading debt but that was probably because this situation was never envisaged at the outset.

Indeed, we offered to offset one against the other but they declined this offer. They have by prior agreement retained matchday cash sales over the period that is in question.

It’s worth noting that we are one of the largest events venues in the North West, the majority of which is food and beverage sales that contributes to our biggest revenue stream. The agreement is very one-sided and provides them with 80% to our 20% share of this revenue.

It’s important to note that our 20% has to cover all sales and marketing, maintenance, fees, rates, depreciation, replacement costs etc. As I’m sure you can appreciate, this is unsustainable going forward.

Furthermore, the agreement states that payment has to be made weekly on the following Wednesday. Often, this means we are being requested to pay monies we have not even received (i.e credit card takings) particularly at weekends and even more so over Christmas and the New Year.

For the record, monies they are chasing and saying are unpaid are for January and in the normal course of business, would not be due for payment for at least 30 days i.e. the end of February.

I am sure you can appreciate the agreement does not make commercial sense for the club/hotel. Indeed, we maintain that it actually costs us money, which is particularly galling when our staff work so hard in marketing and promoting the businesses and often go beyond the call of duty in the effort and hours they put in.

I have previously mentioned that when we acquired the club that there were a number of contracts/agreements that needed to be addressed and this is one of them, but unfortunately, SCC have categorically refused to discuss the current terms and conditions.

He also mentioned that he is concerned about paying his staff but they do have protection in place.

I too have a team that I need to protect and the recent threat of refusing or reducing service puts the business under immense pressure. The contract clearly mentions remedies for non-payment, but they do not include threats of winding up actions if payment is only days late or withdrawing services instantly. There is a process and Heathcote & Co have not adhered to it.

There is a great deal more I could say about the conditions of this contract but now is not the time or place.

In conclusion, I have offered to meet with them to see if there is a solution and a better way forward for both businesses, but this has been declined. As always, my door remains open for further discussions.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:44 pm

Just read that. Blimey.

I feel that whilst I like openness, this war of words being waged in public that simply cannot be doing anyone any good.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:11 pm

Maybe we should just deal with it all over Facebook, then everyone can join in?

It's all looking a bit Blackpool...

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:16 pm

Yeah, I guess you can make the point that slagging Deano on the official site at least gives some form of clarity as what is happening with the overall ownership of the club, but who does this help?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:55 pm

Tombwfc wrote:Yeah, I guess you can make the point that slagging Deano on the official site at least gives some form of clarity as what is happening with the overall ownership of the club, but who does this help?
Generally, don't people start to openly cover their ass, if they think there's a chance it's going to go off in their face?

Sorta like lining up the pre-sympathy vote?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:07 pm

Worthy4England wrote:don't people start to openly cover their ass, if they think there's a chance it's going to go off in their face?
Not sure what bits of the internet you've been scouring, Worthy... :D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:09 pm

Worthy4England wrote:don't people start to openly cover their ass, if they think there's a chance it's going to go off in their face?
I think you are...

I'll set 'em up! :-)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:11 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
I think you are...

I'll set 'em up! :-)
Finished with aplomb #aplomb

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:26 pm

Just to throw in an aside....
marciles wrote:The accounts are out soon. Tomorrow is the deadline to put them in to Companies House - or there could be legal action taken

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:48 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Bump.

Didn't see it happening this quickly. But yesterday's message was clearly preparing us for the worst.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:51 pm

Yup lots of little things progressing in baby steps only take one huge thing not progressing, to put 'em all to waste...

I'm sorta hoping that we can't retrospectively fall foul of Championship FFP...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:59 pm

Only read Ken's side obviously but that does look a crap deal on the catering. It's hardly nouvelle cuisine stuff is it. As long as it's hot, marginally tasty and not too much of a rip off, fans will stump up for it. Is it beyond our capabilities of hiring our own staff to warm pies up and keep all the profits?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:14 pm

Probably why fanzone has dissapeared. To be frank whoever previously negotiated for the business side looks like a bit of a numpty, or is being painted as one.