Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:47 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:KA: "As regards, Dean's comments about the delays in completing the audit and filing of the accounts, I am happy to say that he is mainly to blame for this."

Grow up, the pair of you.
Indeed. "happy to say". God almighty.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:49 pm

Dean Holdsworth responds...
"It is wrong of Ken Anderson to use the Club's website as his private mouthpiece to publish false and defamatory allegations about me. I will not dignify his absurd accusations with a response in public.

"I am seeking legal advice on my options and am considering complaining to The Football League about Ken's behaviour which is undoubtedly damaging the image and integrity of the club and The League."
:roll:

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:12 pm

I will not dignify his absurd accusations with a response in public he said whilst dignifying his absurd accusations with a response in public.
Businesswoman of the year.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:16 pm

Jesus wept, this is pathetic. Want their heads banging together, the pair of them.

Christ.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:17 pm

Nat will indeed be spinning...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:28 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Nat will indeed be spinning...
I hope so, I need a new bobby hat
Last edited by boltonboris on Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:46 pm

My take on this is that out of the pair of them Holdsworth is the worst, KA is certainly not blameless but he's not saddled the club with a £5M loan at 24% interest which is a disgrace - Holdsworth needs to sever ties with the club immediately and let KA run the club - and if it is true that he's actually took a £1M out of that loan as expenses, plus a large salary then that's shocking

They can sort out their personal name calling / financial issues in Court, but my money is 100% on KA as Holdsworth comes across as an absolute amateur of a businessman, and it looks like Holdsworth has actually shafted the club if the reports are true ?

Both need to grow up though....

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:54 pm

We're completely missing the bit where Anderson wasn't arsed (probably knew) where Holdsworth got his cash from, as long as it got him an 'in'
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:57 pm

It'seems sounding more and more like a tallest dwarf argument to me, PT. Each time either of them construct a post, they sound like they'really covering their own arse and they drop in my estimation.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:58 pm

boltonboris wrote:We're completely missing the bit where Anderson wasn't arsed (probably knew) where Holdsworth got his cash from, as long as it got him an 'in'
Not here we're not. :-)

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:09 pm

Ah bollocks
We've turned into a poor mans Leeds United

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:13 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:My take on this is that out of the pair of them Holdsworth is the worst, KA is certainly not blameless but he's not saddled the club with a £5M loan at 24% interest which is a disgrace - Holdsworth needs to sever ties with the club immediately and let KA run the club - and if it is true that he's actually took a £1M out of that loan as expenses, plus a large salary then that's shocking

They can sort out their personal name calling / financial issues in Court, but my money is 100% on KA as Holdsworth comes across as an absolute amateur of a businessman, and it looks like Holdsworth has actually shafted the club if the reports are true ?

I don't think there is a 'worst'. Before becoming directly involved Ken was acting as an advisor to DH in the takeover. So I'm sure he roughly knew how Dean was financing it.

Ken clearly hasn't been prepared to make the funds he promised available to the club on a longer term basis. Dean has saddled the club with a terrible loan. Between them it's a mess.

Irrespective of blame and motive and fault clearly Ken somehow unravelling the mess and buying Dean out is the only likely way out of this. Given how both are acting I'm not holding my breath.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:My take on this is that out of the pair of them Holdsworth is the worst, KA is certainly not blameless but he's not saddled the club with a £5M loan at 24% interest which is a disgrace - Holdsworth needs to sever ties with the club immediately and let KA run the club - and if it is true that he's actually took a £1M out of that loan as expenses, plus a large salary then that's shocking

I don't think there is a 'worst'. Before becoming directly involved Ken was acting as an advisor to DH in the takeover. So I'm sure he roughly knew how Dean was financing it.

Ken clearly hasn't been prepared to make the funds he promised available to the club on a longer term basis. Dean has saddled the club with a terrible loan. Between them it's a mess.

Irrespective of blame and motive and fault clearly Ken somehow unravelling the mess and buying Dean out is the only likely way out of this. Given how both are acting I'm not holding my breath.
Well given that we posted on here, the broad terms of the Blumarble loan, some time before the takeover completed, it's a tough call to say someone directly involved wouldn't have known. That said, the devil's in the detail, but even the most cursory of glances would have suggested the only likely assets to secure that facility were Burnden Leisure's.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:51 pm

The word "clusterfuck" has never been more appropriate. The bottom line is that the club does not generate enough money to pay for itself, at any level, and neither DH nor KA have any money themselves to resolve the issue. One seems to be in it for the glory, the other in a glorified middle man role hoping to polish it up enough to move it on at a profit. Both are in danger of getting their fingers burned.

From a quick reading of the accounts and the various statements, I am coming to this conclusion:

If we are losing £800k per month (or £11m per annum as stated in the accounts, so maybe £900k per month??) and neither KA nor DH have put any money into the club on a permanent basis, this means that the reason we are still trading is roughly the PBP Loan, plus Holding and Clough. But it seems we are running out of things to sell....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:59 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Well given that we posted on here, the broad terms of the Blumarble loan, some time before the takeover completed, it's a tough call to say someone directly involved wouldn't have known. That said, the devil's in the detail, but even the most cursory of glances would have suggested the only likely assets to secure that facility were Burnden Leisure's.
Suspect that the issue is not so much the loan and its security. As you say anyone claiming not to know that can't have been paying any attention at all.

I suspect the issue might be that somewhere, perhaps in this side letter, the repayment and default comsequences were outlined. I wonder if as a resul of non payment, that Ken may not have known about, whether Blumarble now legally have claim over club assets?

Perhaps when their mate Deano was involved that was a technicality, but now that becomes something else with Ken trying to buy Deano out?

palindromeofbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palindromeofbolton » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:12 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:If we are losing £800k per month (or £11m per annum as stated in the accounts, so maybe £900k per month??) and neither KA nor DH have put any money into the club on a permanent basis, this means that the reason we are still trading is roughly the PBP Loan, plus Holding and Clough. But it seems we are running out of things to sell....
And even a massive, cloth-cutting clearout exercise in the summer would probably only half the monthly losses - if that, given we'd have to bring in some (cheaper) replacements.

So really, only a return to the Prem, us oncovering the next Cahill and punting him to Chelsea (once a year, every year) or a complete, long-term overhaul on the commercial front will get us and keep us in the black. Pick your likeliest option of the three, but none of them are going to happen anytime soon.

That means we need an investor who's happy to throw £6-8m a year at us until one of the above happens. I don't see that being KA or DH.

It's almost become insignificant given all the stuff flying about today, but seeing the write-off of ED's debts (mostly) in black and white, has probably put our debt-to-assets position in as healthy a position as it's been for years (on paper).

Which makes the actual position we're in even worse...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:27 pm

I havent read the accounts.

But surely the key to continuing to trade is a sensible wage bill and not signing shit heads like Sordell for mega bucks. We won't have that many players contracted to us after this summer. Whichhas got to help the finances!

There isnt anything other than players to sell; selling the ground, who to?

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:31 pm

officer_dibble wrote:I havent read the accounts.

But surely the key to continuing to trade is a sensible wage bill and not signing shit heads like Sordell for mega bucks. We won't have that many players contracted to us after this summer. Whichhas got to help the finances!

I believe that there's a bit of a market for buying football grounds and then leasing them back to the football clubs. Let's just hope that it never comes to that.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:38 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:I havent read the accounts.

I believe that there's a bit of a market for buying football grounds and then leasing them back to the football clubs. Let's just hope that it never comes to that.
Aye. Just said as much to BP. Our situation is already starting to look worryingly like Coventrys.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:39 pm

Just on Ken. Where has he made his money and how much is he worth. Anyone know?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"