Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by nelson66 » Thu May 11, 2017 1:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 12:38 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 11:55 am
He's said the club owes them, so accepted liability for the debt. I think he's playing poker on how much he has to give them to make them bugger off.
The loan will be on ridiculously high interest terms and they'll want to screw him for every penny, especially since promotion.
I'm.guessing he's disputing those terms (which he didn't agree to) as unfair and hoping a court agrees with him.
Unfortunately everything else will be on hold until these Blumarble cnuts are sorted.
Ken's background is dubious to say the least but I'll back him.over predatory loan sharks like these any day. Increasingly makes Deano look clueless, but that may be unfair as I don't know all the details.
Just to be clear, Blumarble are taking sports shield BWFC to court. Ken won't be there (other than in the visitors seats). As he doesn't own sports shield BWFC yet.
can anyone just clear something up to help a thicko like me understand

Deano is being taken to court by bluemarble -if Deano can't pay - what happens ? Surely Deanos loan was secured against an asset - which means that if Deano cant pay up - then BlueMarble become the new owners of whatever Deano used as security
So.... does anyone know what it was that was used as security for Deanos loan ?
Hotel?
Carpparks ?
Training facility ?
Reebok/Macron Stadium ??
:cry:
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 11, 2017 1:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
He's said the club owes them, so accepted liability for the debt. I think he's playing poker on how much he has to give them to make them bugger off.
The loan will be on ridiculously high interest terms and they'll want to screw him for every penny, especially since promotion.
I'm.guessing he's disputing those terms (which he didn't agree to) as unfair and hoping a court agrees with him.
Unfortunately everything else will be on hold until these Blumarble cnuts are sorted.
Ken's background is dubious to say the least but I'll back him.over predatory loan sharks like these any day. Increasingly makes Deano look clueless, but that may be unfair as I don't know all the details.
Just to be clear, Blumarble are taking sports shield BWFC to court. Ken won't be there (other than in the visitors seats). As he doesn't own sports shield BWFC yet.
Apparently, the Facilities Agreement between SSBWFC and Blumarble said the debt was due to be repaid 26 March 2016. The Facilities Agreement between BWFC and SSBWFC (setting aside Ken's questions around it's validity for a sec) isn't actually due until March 2018.

So they would have to take SSBWFC to court first - it's the natural order of things. Let's just say SSBWFC declare bankrupt - unless anyone thinks Deano has £6/7m burning a hole in his pocket - then they'd probably (I would suggest) come after the Guarantor...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 11, 2017 2:12 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 1:27 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
can anyone just clear something up to help a thicko like me understand

Deano is being taken to court by bluemarble -if Deano can't pay - what happens ? Surely Deanos loan was secured against an asset - which means that if Deano cant pay up - then BlueMarble become the new owners of whatever Deano used as security
So.... does anyone know what it was that was used as security for Deanos loan ?
Hotel?
Carpparks ?
Training facility ?
Reebok/Macron Stadium ??
:cry:
You won't even if we try (nowt to do with being a thicko) :-)

We need to be clear, Deano is not being taken to court. BWFC Sports Shield is - I know it sort of amounts to the same thing but one is a person, one is a Limited Company...

If a Limited Company can't pay, it goes bankrupt.

Onto the next bit...We (allegedly were guarantors for the loan) - which it's where it's getting commercially murky and I think it where Ken disputes the facts.

So "what was security" - well pretty much everything, across all the outstanding loans we have is in the pot. But there is a pecking order (which isn't published but all the parties have agreed to) - so it's really unclear which assets any single loanee actually has "rights" over and in what order...I'd be stunned, for example if Blumarble were higher in the pecking order than Fildraw....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 11, 2017 2:17 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 1:29 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Apparently, the Facilities Agreement between SSBWFC and Blumarble said the debt was due to be repaid 26 March 2016. The Facilities Agreement between BWFC and SSBWFC (setting aside Ken's questions around it's validity for a sec) isn't actually due until March 2018.

So they would have to take SSBWFC to court first - it's the natural order of things. Let's just say SSBWFC declare bankrupt - unless anyone thinks Deano has £6/7m burning a hole in his pocket - then they'd probably (I would suggest) come after the Guarantor...
According to Iles' information, one possibility is that BM become owners of the SSBWFC shares in BWFC. That is what he's been told is a possible outcome from the 22nd court date.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 11, 2017 2:25 pm

That doesn't require "information" - it is a possibility, as many other commercial outcomes are. No guarantee that they'd want a pile of shares, rather than their money back or a disposable asset...

What they factually have is a debt they're owed (don't think anyone disputes that) or some assets which could be land, property, shares etc.

If by bankrupting us for non-payment, they actually wouldn't get much back as they're lower in the pecking order then shares might be an option.

Why we didn't offer them Trotter - who must be worth £7m is anyone's guess...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 11, 2017 2:26 pm

Yonder come a voice from Chairman Ken's pulpit.
In relation to the recent news about winding up petitions being issued against the Club and Burnden Leisure, I would like to be as open and transparent as possible.

Firstly, for the record, the SCC winding up petition referred to in the media was paid and settled some time ago. SCC are paid up to date including the final game of the season.

It is important to note that the dispute at the time wasn’t solely about money owed to them but their obligations under a capital contributions agreement.

We now have a good working relationship with SCC and recently signed off a £150,000 Pure Bar refurbishment programme with them commencing in June as well as other capital contributions for the business.

The Burnden Leisure winding up petition has also been dealt with. The club HMRC winding up petition is currently being dealt with and has been delayed because of the complications of the BluMarble action against Dean Holdsworth’s company Sports Shield BWFC.

I am, as previously stated, optimistic on the outcome of both of these matters.

I would also like to reiterate that when required to do so, l have personally financially funded the club in the past and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future as I did with last month’s salaries and other creditor payments.

I was disappointed to read the statement issued by the Supporters' Trust this morning. I received a text message from them at 10.48pm last night asking for my comments. Despite my attempting to contact them at 7:43am this morning, they went ahead and issued it before I had chance to speak with them.

I think it is unfair and without foundation to say that the club has 'lurched from one crisis to another.’ l would say that based on where we were on and off the pitch at the end of last season, when no one gave us a chance of surviving, let alone being automatically promoted at our first attempt, all in all it has been a successful year for the club, its players, staff and supporters.

It is true to say that the Supporters Trust have made offers to assist financially but it has always been with various covenants and equity demands.

As an example, we recently asked if they could assist us in funding some works the manager had requested on one of the pitches at the training ground to bring it up to the stadium standard at a cost of circa £140,000.

They responded they would give it consideration in return for 10% equity in the club and board representation. This of course was politely declined.

They did also say that they did not currently have the funds to assist in any case and would need to petition their members for the funds and approval.

I have never said outside money is not required. Indeed, l have always made it absolutely clear that we would welcome new equity funding on the right terms and are currently holding discussions with potential investors along these lines.

If the Trust believe they can assist in bringing new equity to the club on commercial terms then my door is always open for further discussions.

I write these notes following confirmation that five players will officially leave the club when their contracts expire on June 30, with one other being given the opportunity to speak to interested parties.

The end of the season always comes with a tinge of sadness and difficult decisions have to be made in relation to releasing players, while it has been made even harder this year in the sense that they have helped us to achieve promotion.

You have to think with your head and not your heart however and I am sure you will all join me in wishing the players who will be leaving us, both first team and development-wise, the very best in their future endeavours.

With them leaving, it will allow us to recruit new players in the summer and in the past few months, there has been a lot of hard work, long hours and travelling put in by our scouting department to ensure that we are competitive in the Sky Bet Championship next term.

We are also looking to negotiate with a number of out-of-contract players and their agents in the coming weeks to ensure that our first team and youth sides are as strong as they can possibly be come August.

While it was important that we savoured the success of our promotion, it is now time to move on and focus on next season and I am holding meetings with the management and recruitment teams looking ahead to the new campaign and what we will require to make sure that we are there or thereabouts come the end of 2017/18.

These meetings will continue throughout the summer as we continue to strengthen the squad.

We must not underestimate the difficulty of the challenges which lie ahead of us and the Sky Bet Championship has certainly moved on in our year away from the division, particularly in regards to the relegated teams coming down from the Premier League alongside television monies and parachute payments.

With the capable and fully focused management team and supporter base we have here at the club however, I believe that we will be in a very strong position to compete next season.

Our recruitment meanwhile will be based on a sustainable financial model both on and off the pitch with a view to putting the recent financial problems well and truly behind us in the not to distant future.

I am currently actively working on assisting in the refinancing of the Sports Shield BWFC/BluMarble loan and the refinancing of Whites Hotel. Alongside this, we are negotiating raising additional equity investment as well to ensure that we will have a competitive squad but at the same time, not repeating the mistakes of the past.

As I have said previously, we must now grasp the opportunity to put the club in a sustainable financial position and this is the challenge for everyone involved with the club.

Although it will not be easy, it is without doubt an achievable task, but in the short term it will require a great deal of prudence and hard work in targeting additional revenues through commercial and sponsorship opportunities and controlling and reducing the unnecessary and excessive expenditure commitments from the past alongside ensuring we continue to get our supporters through the turnstiles and behind the team as they did all last season.

There is also a great deal of work going on behind-the-scenes at Macron Stadium and up at the training ground at the moment to ensure that our facilities remain at the high standards we have maintained during our year in Sky Bet League One.
Source: BWFC.co.uk

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 11, 2017 2:31 pm

Ken's hung the supporters trust out to dry there.

Nice. In fact that has cheered me right up. Nice one Ken.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Thu May 11, 2017 2:35 pm

It about time all of the BWFC forums got together and put a strong statement out against the ST representing BWFC fans.

The ST are a disgrace, a joke and an embrassement and I for one am glad that Ken has come out and informed the supporters of what they have been doing & saying behind the scenes. After all of the recent positivity with promotion against all odds, and with Ken doing all he possibly can to help sort the club out financially, for the ST to stick the knife in so soon after promotion is a disgrace and they need to be told that they are a very small orgainisation who do not represent the supporters of BWFC and to be honest need to do one & pack in ASAP

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Thu May 11, 2017 2:46 pm

not too bothered about the supporters trust- as they havent a pot to p*ss in - buy if it all goes t*ts up again we might be glad that they exist

I am bothered about the future of our club as a going concern - after we were minutes away from going bust not so long ago
While all we are getting is words from Ken (on the back of a great track record so far in his stewardship of our club) - i am happy/relieved in his confidence that all will be resolved and that he is planning for a more sustainable future

Will be VERY interesting to see how our close/pre season pans out - and what sort of team we can put out in the Championship
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 11, 2017 2:50 pm

I would hope, perhaps naively so, that with Ken being so open there, he does believe he can sort this. As otherwise I would have expected something more guarded, along the lines of the club statement this morning.

I have a feeling that the time to seriously worry is when Ken stops talking!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu May 11, 2017 3:38 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 2:31 pm

I enjoyed that, too.

So the Supporters trust value the club and assets at £1.4m - Aren't these guys supposed to be business men? Someone call Theo Paphitis to rip 'em a new one, the absolute morons
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 11, 2017 3:57 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 3:38 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I enjoyed that, too.

So the Supporters trust value the club and assets at £1.4m - Aren't these guys supposed to be business men? Someone call Theo Paphitis to rip 'em a new one, the absolute morons
It's an "offer" so moronically low you imagine them egging each other on to do it, like giggling teenagers.

I get that they don't like Ken. I get that they're set up "for the good of the club". I've seen many clubs taken down by despot owners - Orient the latest. I also know that Bolton supporters are a cynical lot. But by God this lot don't help themselves.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu May 11, 2017 4:46 pm

"This of course was politely declined" :lol:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu May 11, 2017 10:12 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 3:57 pm
boltonboris wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I enjoyed that, too.

It's an "offer" so moronically low you imagine them egging each other on to do it, like giggling teenagers.

I get that they don't like Ken. I get that they're set up "for the good of the club". I've seen many clubs taken down by despot owners - Orient the latest. I also know that Bolton supporters are a cynical lot. But by God this lot don't help themselves.
They are absolute fcking moon men.

Im with Tomo, some form of anti Trust (not anti the idea of a trust, just the dickheads who have set ours up) message from us and the other websites would be an idea. Show Ken he has the backing of the majority.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 11, 2017 10:34 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 10:12 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 3:57 pm
boltonboris wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I enjoyed that, too.

They are absolute fcking moon men.

Im with Tomo, some form of anti Trust (not anti the idea of a trust, just the dickheads who have set ours up) message from us and the other websites would be an idea. Show Ken he has the backing of the majority.
It isn't about backing Ken. We should have a supporters trust, that trust should represent the fans and want the best for the club.

It should be a backstop if the worst happens.

What we've got is a trust run by people with an agenda. An agenda that says BWFC should be fan run with no external investment. That's their goal. Non league footy but fan run. Been their aim all along.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu May 11, 2017 11:06 pm

Thats why I said I wasnt anti the idea of a trust just anti this lot.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu May 11, 2017 11:24 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 11:06 pm
Thats why I said I wasnt anti the idea of a trust just anti this lot.

TBH, the idea that there could be a single body that represents the views of the entire fan base is fanciful. Noticed any uninamity on here (apart from thoughts on Trotter,obvs)?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 12, 2017 9:39 am

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri May 12, 2017 11:30 am

Under the circumstances, maybe this is more apt?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat May 13, 2017 9:52 am

The latest missive from Chairman Ken.

Ken Anderson writes his latest column to the club's supporters on bwfc.co.uk
As you may have read in The Bolton News today, Phil Parkinson, Tim Breaker, Lee Anderson, Paul Aldridge and I all met in London yesterday to discuss next season's squad.

I cannot tell you what a breath of fresh air it was to get back to football matters.

Furthermore, we are all singing from the same hymn sheet in respect of budgets and where we want to be next season and the hard work of building a new squad is already underway, as you will see, as changes and additions to the squad are announced over the coming weeks.

I am a great believer in the old adage that 'yesterday's news is tomorrow's fish and chip paper' that and that alone is why my notes on Thursday were changed/updated on Friday and we moved on.

It had nothing to do with 'legal vetting' or any other sinister issues whatsoever. I had made my views absolutely clear and it was time to move on.

Unfortunately, this has proved difficult as the latest comments from Marc Iles concerning Dean Holdsworth and BluMarble are once again wide of the mark and I don't understand why he doesn't contact me before publishing his stories for clarification.

Normally speaking, I wouldn't seek to justify myself but the fact is that the agreement between Dean and myself was completed and substantial monies changed hands.

There was a second agreement in respect of some more of Dean's shares and it is this agreement that is currently being delayed due to the BluMarble matters, which l would again point out relate to Sports Shield BWFC and not the club.

I agree with Marc that the club's statements 'need to be unimpeachable'. Hopefully, he will heed his own advice going forward, if his columns are to be regarded as a definitive source of information.

I fully endorse Marc's comments - 'opinion is fine, so long as Wanderers' fans view it as such. Columns are entertaining, so long as they do not replace the scrutiny of the press. Openness is a two way street.

Never has a truer word been spoken. Let's hope he practises what he preaches going forward and seeks out the facts before making statements that turn out to be wide of the mark.

This week has seen a great deal of complimentary comments over social media and a number of heartfelt emails/letters have been sent into the club which l am truly grateful and appreciative of.

They make all the hard work that the management, players, staff and support you, the fans, have given over the last year or so worthwhile.

As I said at the beginning of these notes yesterday, our promotion winning game against Peterborough United was a breath of fresh air and l look forward to sharing many more days like it with all of you as we move forward and hopefully get this great club back to where it belongs.

Kind regards,

Ken
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!